Closed Thread
Page 66 of 667 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 566 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 13330

Thread: Indecision 2016 - In Soviet Russia, we elect american president!

Default Re: Indecision 2016 - President Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Jeebus. Even with Trump being Trump, I still had to check to make sure this wasn't the Onion.

He's apparently pro-killing journalists and pro-Putin.
    http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015...ng-his-country
    It's just one of those things people in charge gotta do, you know?

Firing people on a television show. Killing people with polonium. It's all part of the game but one that Obama refuses to play. That's why America is weak right now; nobody's killed Bill O'Reilly.
    Complicating things since 2009.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/confederate-flag-jeb-bush

“Look, the Confederacy is a part of our heritage, and it should be respected like other parts,”
    Do with him as you will you guys. I'm too busy laughing in disbelief to bother busting Jeb's balls other his stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Welp, time to go digging for horrible shit Alexander Stephens, Jubal Early, and Nathan Forrest said.

Ah, here we go:

The Creator of the Universe had stamped them, indelibly, with a different color and an inferior physical and mental organization. He had not done this from mere caprice or whim, but for wise purposes. An amalgamation of the races was in contravention of His designs or He would not have made them so different. This immense number of people could not have been transported back to the wilds from which their ancestors were taken, or, if they could have been, it would have resulted in their relapse into barbarism. Reason, common sense, true humanity to the black, as well as the safety of the white race, required that the inferior race should be kept in a state of subordination. The conditions of domestic slavery, as it existed in the South, had not only resulted in a great improvement in the moral and physical condition of the negro race, but had furnished a class of laborers as happy and contented as any in the world.

Don't forget the Cornerstone Speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Stephens
    Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell." Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

The Man Who Sold the World Dumhuvud's Avatar

I'm curious, what do you people think of the Pauls? I remember that Ron struck me as more sympathetic than the other notable Republican candidates back in 2012 (the ones I remember are Perry, Romney, Santorum, Bachmann and Gingrich). I know that doesn't say much.

I probably wouldn't vote for anyone even if I could, by the way.
    Last edited by Dumhuvud; December 27th, 2015 at 05:15 AM.
    My 3DS friend code: 2938-9421-8458

A fair amount of young people liked the idea of Ron Paul's libertarianism in the last presidential election but I never thought much of him. Rand Paul is a diluted libertarian and a party hack, which makes him more realistic and less interesting.

People who liked Ron Paul were mostly unfamiliar with him outside of general ideas about him being an political outsider. He's really a racist, sexist homophobe whose policies would have devastated the country.

Ahh Ubiq, I've missed your potent political commentary.

Ron Paul was (and is) scary. What is even more amazing is that all of Ron and Rand Paul's crap is readily accessible right on thier websites. They aren't really hiding who they really are.

But neither are as scary as Trump (due to the support he seems to garner, and the fact that people seem stupid enough not to believe politicians when they actually say what they plan on doing (see: Kentucky's new Tea Party Governor)) and the at the moment upstaged but perhaps even more scary Ted Cruz.

Best to you all in the coming New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by I survived the buster call View Post
    Ahh Ubiq, I've missed your potent political commentary.

Ron Paul was (and is) scary. What is even more amazing is that all of Ron and Rand Paul's crap is readily accessible right on thier websites. They aren't really hiding who they really are.

But neither are as scary as Trump (due to the support he seems to garner, and the fact that people seem stupid enough not to believe politicians when they actually say what they plan on doing (see: Kentucky's new Tea Party Governor)) and the at the moment upstaged but perhaps even more scary Ted Cruz.

Best to you all in the coming New Year.
    Happy upcoming non-Donald Trump for president New Year to you too, Buster~
    Everything's Eventual...

The Man Who Sold the World Dumhuvud's Avatar

So the way things are looking, it's gonna be Hillary, Sanders or Trump, right? Are there no other candidates likely to still be relevant next year?
    My 3DS friend code: 2938-9421-8458

Quote Originally Posted by Dumhuvud View Post
    So the way things are looking, it's gonna be Hillary, Sanders or Trump, right? Are there no other candidates likely to still be relevant next year?
    There might be a survivor from the GOP Clown Car trailing Trump that'll be relevant next year but yes, that's what it looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/confederate-flag-jeb-bush

Do with him as you will you guys. I'm too busy laughing in disbelief to bother busting Jeb's balls other his stupidity.
    leaving aside that obviouslythis only true in (not even all of) the south, this wonderful logic means we should really respect jim crow, indian ethnic cleansing, etc

Apparently George Pataki was running for President. Was being the operative word here.

Apparently George Pataki was running for President. Was being the operative word here.
    Who? he sounds vaguely familiar like some guy I once remember being a politician of some apparent note around these parts.....oh well that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I'll be a couple months shy of turning 18 when the election comes around...thank god I'm too young to get involved in this monkey house

Spoiler:

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Isn't George Pataki Helga's dad?

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Who? he sounds vaguely familiar like some guy I once remember being a politician of some apparent note around these parts.....oh well that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Former three-term governor of New York

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Former three-term governor of New York
    I was being sarcastic just like Cyan was.

GoDDD my dad has been talking about how awesome Trump is for some time and my sister came in this morning and was like 'trump is a sleezebag asshole and I'm voting for Bernie Sanders" and I think it blew my dad's fucking mind lmao I'm in the corner just like

You know we're gonna be hearing about this for the next 5 years at LEAST

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Trump is the unconnected people's candidate; not in the sense that he's for people without political connections, but that he's for people who don't really connect with the world. If you watch the news at all, you realize what a dick the guy is. Most of his supporters don't actually do that though and are mainly familiar with him through blurbs and social media that just regurgitate those blurbs.

Looks like the Carson campaign is imploding.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ign-ben-carson

Closed Thread

Thread Information