+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

Default Re: Better Call Saul

Season finale inbound

and it's a great one, i liked how they left it open and pretty much a like finale to the entire show. it's shows like this that keep me coming back, the ones that end with a little dignity and don't pull a cheap cliffhanger to beg the network to renew.
    also, never have i been more sympathetic and sad with a one episode character death scene.

i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar

I am so sad for marco who died and hurt so bad. just feel so bad for jimmy when he wear the ring. HE IS STARTING TO BBE SAUL.

NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

Great season finale. I liked how Jimmy thought twice and didn't go further into another mistake.

Really? I'm the only one that thought it was... lacking? I mean, I knew what it was going for, the almost going back to Slippin Jimmy but then changing tracks, trying to be good but failing and instead evolving into something else entierly... but while the idea was good it didn't grip me as the other episodes have. For a finale episode it was kind of tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Skogstroll View Post
    Really? I'm the only one that thought it was... lacking? I mean, I knew what it was going for, the almost going back to Slippin Jimmy but then changing tracks, trying to be good but failing and instead evolving into something else entierly... but while the idea was good it didn't grip me as the other episodes have. For a finale episode it was kind of tame.
    I agree, it wasn't bad but it wasn't exactly a gripping finale.

The season definitely had it's ups and downs in terms of quality and strength in my opinion but it was great overall. I did expect a bit more something (idk what) in the finale but It was still good. Parts of this season and the finale definitely seemed like a setup for a sweet 2nd season. I wonder if Kim and Hamlin will even be in it at all. Hopefully we get a clear antagonist (someone like Gus Fring) and some Huell bodyguard action.

Well, in the beginning we were introduced to so many characters like Nacho and the twins... and they just dissapeared? I thought we'd reconnect with them somehow but I guess not. Episodes 5-9 were mindblowing, I loved them so much and I guess that's why I expected more. And now we got to wait until spring 2016 for season 2 =_=

Not the most gripping finale in the world, but definitely great in regards to setting up season 2.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

I thought the finale would involve Mike and Nacho too. but there so much you can squeeze in 10 episodes.
    They also needed to make Jimmy develop into Saul first, then make him go through legal trouble, because Jimmy trying to find a legal solution to his cases is not as entertaining as Saul twisting the law to meet his demands.

At least the first season gave room to these caracthers in the second season.

I hope they keep building up the caracther and leave "Saul" to the very end.

it is spelled character.

I think he will be Saul bye the end of season 2.

NEVER GIVE UP.

Well, in the beginning we were introduced to so many characters like Nacho and the twins... and they just dissapeared? I thought we'd reconnect with them somehow but I guess not. Episodes 5-9 were mindblowing, I loved them so much and I guess that's why I expected more. And now we got to wait until spring 2016 for season 2 =_=
    I'm sure they'll be back, they'll definitely be doing things in season 2.

I thought the finale was good. I sort of expected something bigger, but then again we really had no reason to. No need to expect an explosion delivered by wheelchair just yet.

The show's been doing a fine job focusing on Jimmy's development, and I've been intrigued and entertained with it. Can't wait to see how the second season progress now that Jimmy's gotten some steps closer to the Saul we've seen on BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    I'm sure they'll be back, they'll definitely be doing things in season 2.

I thought the finale was good. I sort of expected something bigger, but then again we really had no reason to. No need to expect an explosion delivered by wheelchair just yet.

The show's been doing a fine job focusing on Jimmy's development, and I've been intrigued and entertained with it. Can't wait to see how the second season progress now that Jimmy's gotten some steps closer to the Saul we've seen on BB.
    Well, BCS has proved that it can make nail biting stories without explosions. And even though this is a finale it didn't need explosions. At the same time it needed something more than it gave us. BCS has been criticized for being slow, wierd and boring by a lot of people but the first 9 episodes built up to something with fantastic promise and it could've proven all those critics wrong, get new followers to join and just be mindblowingly awesome. Finales are special. This episode... was not?

NACHO APPEAR IN EPISODE 9 TOO. HE IS NOT DONE WITH SAUL. Saul talka sabout he in BB.

NEVER GIVE UP.

It's back!

Just a friendly PSA that the new season starts tomorrow so remember to set your DVRs.

Well, that was pretty fun.

Spoiler:
    The hummer guy is Walter if he were really dumb. Him calling the cops was the stupidest move he could've pulled, and it's likely going to screw him over. Good thing Mike got out of there when he did...

Saul and Kim's scam was fun. In case anybody didn't catch the reference to Breaking Bad, the stock broker guy was Ken, which is the guy whose car Walter blew up. And the $50 tequila was the same tequila Gus used to poison those Cartel guys. I'm loving these small nods to Breaking Bad that get littered throughout the show.

I'm a little miffed that we got a glimpse of Jimmy turning into Saul, and then he turns back around and takes the "moral" route. I guess if Chuck/Marco isn't the full turning point, it'll be Kim.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Well, that was pretty fun.

Spoiler:

I'm a little miffed that we got a glimpse of Jimmy turning into Saul, and then he turns back around and takes the "moral" route. I guess if Chuck/Marco isn't the full turning point, it'll be Kim.
    I guess they realized that they went too fast into that direction, so they corrected it again in this first episode to bring it back a little and give themselves more time to develop his turning into saul.

Overall it was a nice season start.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Idk what the spoiler deal is here so I'm using them just to be safe. Spoiler alert:

Spoiler:
    Jimmy's brother is absolutely a terrible human being. What a petty thing to hurt your brother so badly over. Jimmy was taking real steps to becoming someone respectable. And then he gets smacked down by his brother. Is it jealousy? I mean what kind of brother would do that? Betrayal is one of those things that burns me to the core. Good for him that he ditches his loser tightwad brother and becomes the slick guy we know him as these days. Law is sacred my ass. If you can do that to your own brother you're a miserable human being. I would have trouble doing that to my worst enemy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information