+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Original Series Bojack Horseman

Default Re: Netflix Original Series Bojack Horseman

I think the drug trip episode was definitely the best one. It showed that they had a really good understanding of Bojack's character and I think it was the only episode that had some underlying subtlety (despite mostly being a huge trippy freakout).

The funny thing is that it made me think back to Orel again, since its last season also had a big revelatory tripping episode (though the tripping in Orel's case wasn't from drugs. It was somehow darker while still fitting cheerful young Orel).

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Season 2 is coming to Netflix on July 17th.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/...3ab9321c000039

Season 2 trailer is a GO:

Hidden:
    So... new girlfriend eh?

That trailer was great. I can't wait for season two.

I started season 2 tonight, it's great so far.

Spoiler:
    I really like the Kirk Cameron and David Copperfield joke in the second episode. Mr. Peanut butter continues to being funny as ever. Bojack's character development in the first couple of the season was really interesting and I'm interested to see his relationship with Wanda goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I think the drug trip episode was definitely the best one
    The only one I watched and I can't explain how it immensely cracked me up that one of the characters was voiced by Kristen Schaal.
    It just sounded like Gravity Fall's Mable threatening to kill someone and cheering them on to snort more coke with her.
    Just another personal layer that made it more hilarious for me.
    But the end of the episode was touuuugh...Gonna watch it in chronological order now.
    And you're the third person with tasty taste I encounter that mentions enjoying Orel. I think I gotta put it on my to do list.
    Things I think are cool!

Finished season two and I thought it was great.

Spoiler:
    I really like the character development that Bojack got through the season and that he learned that when he made his movie, it still didn't make him happy. Mr. Peanutbutter and Diane's story line throughout the season was great, especially during when Diane causing problems when Mr. Peanutbutter trying to get his new show started.

This show keep getting better and I hope season three does happen.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

I'll say this though that penultimate episode to the season was probably the best TV/streaming episode I have seen all year and Will Arnett, Olivia Wilde and Ilana Glazer were tremendous in it

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Bojack Horseman is getting a third season.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...5de20115000002

Returns on July 22nd.
    Trailer;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFNvc3WiZYw

I can't wait for Bojack to be back.

I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed it as a whole, but the second season really cliqued with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven D. Teach View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed it as a whole, but the second season really cliqued with me.
    It's weird because overall the second season stepped up its game with the writing and characters but they kinda dropped the ball with the finale, which felt cliché-ably optimistic.

Actually that's probably a similar problem in the first season too and hoepfully something they don't continue into Season 3; where they set up their characters with all these cynical/depressing situations (whether due to circumstance or said characters' flaws) but then at the last minute end things nicely with a little bow on top - almost as if they want to be cynical but not too cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    It's weird because overall the second season stepped up its game with the writing and characters but they kinda dropped the ball with the finale, which felt cliché-ably optimistic.

Actually that's probably a similar problem in the first season too and hoepfully something they don't continue into Season 3; where they set up their characters with all these cynical/depressing situations (whether due to circumstance or said characters' flaws) but then at the last minute end things nicely with a little bow on top - almost as if they want to be cynical but not too cynical.
    Yeah, I think in general may have just been a move to show the audience that there is at least some hope of things getting better, but I guess that's where they need to balance the show: they wanna give the characters progression, and probably some positively, but they are all at their most interesting when they are fuckups.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post

As someone who related so much with BoJack because I felt we screw things in a similar fashion and because the series came bringing up the exact questions I was bringing up about myself at the time, I felt betrayed when the second season ended with him finally trying to mend things. It was like when you have that friend that is as miserable as you are and then he decides to have a new start and you are like "how do you dare?".

But, to be fair, that's the logical way for the series to go. The first season was BoJack going from "oblivious" to "aware of how messed up he was", then the second season was he going from that realization to "deciding to something about it". I didn't thought it was cliché, it felt natural. It was either that or the series ending because it would become stale.

And it's coooming baaaack:

Looks interesting, especially the 'sea world' and *new stage* of Bojack's life.

Discovered Stowaway

Well, the 3rd season was just on point. Seriously, it was perfect. Weirdly enough, it makes me wish this was the last season and the show just ended there. I think it would be a perfect end.
    Talking about the final scene
    Spoiler:
    Usually I am always hoping for the worst in stories that tend to explore the cynical side of its characters. In those cases, I don't want happy endings, I don't want redemption, I just want things to keep spiraling down. But I keep relating so damn much with BoJack that in that last moment I was wholeheartedly hoping that he would stop the car - willingly, not because something forced him to. Everything with him always hits way close to home with me that, for once, I was holding my breath and thinking "please, no" as he let go of the wheel.

p.s.: It's a boyborted
    Last edited by .access timeco.; July 26th, 2016 at 06:26 PM.

I binge watched season 3 over the weekend and was really impressed--it really stuck with me, in a way that shows like The Wire have, and that's really strange to say about a cartoon with talking animals, lol. I think I relate with it on a sad personal level, as embarrassing as that is to admit. Anyway, obviously the last three episodes were a rollercoaster, but the "Fish Out of Water" episode was really ambitious and paid off. Just great stuff. Glad season 4 got confirmed.

I thought Season 3 was fun and certainly adventurous, but the character development really sucked this season, and the whole thing felt like a pale imitation of Season 2. Sure, they played these big emotional scenes and had a lot of great jokes, but none of the characters tracked at all. Bojack was just whatever the story needed him to be and it never felt like he grew or developed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    the character development really sucked this season.
    Dunno about that. I don't think not moving forward = no movement at all. The lows Bojack hit in this season resulted in:
    Spoiler:
    What were likely two suicide attempts, pretty definitive wedges in all his "friendships", whatever revelation he had when he saw those horses at the end, a likely realization that everything he's chased was something he didn't want (the kid on Ethan's show triggering him into not wanting the responsibility of people looking up to him after Sarah Lynn died), not to mention he likely has an unknown daughter. While I think the general thing with him is spinning his wheels, I don't think that came with a lack of development. Feel the same way about the other characters, who have new jobs, problems, and clarity--like Todd basically coming out as Asexual.
    lol, sorry if that was a lot. I agree that there is some going in circles there, but I thought I saw development in there is where I guess I'm going.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information