+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 112 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2238

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

In sandman's translation I see nothing about Big Mom going down.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    In sandman's translation I see nothing about Big Mom going down.
    yeah, I was wondering why people already assumed she´s getting defeated.

the way I see it, a fight in which Luffy, Kaido and BM are engaged is going to be free for all rather than 2 vs 1.

still only Kaido needs to go down asap.

So, is the part that Wano will hint what One Piece can be true or fake ?

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Thanks EMUNOPLA for providing us with the informative video link!
    It seems some people have already made their summaries, but I tried making my own one.

- Shimizu says Oda is a mangaka who thinks manga and anime are different stuffs. Oda tells anime staffs not to feel too stressed.
    Thanks EMUNOPLA and sandman.
    Been waiting for sandman translation for this interview.

- Shimizu says Oda is a mangaka who thinks manga and anime are different stuffs.

I glad to hear this. I hope in the future fans will take this as consideration every time they want to use anime as a proof for their theory or claim anime spoiled future events that even advance than manga like that scene with Kyoshiro in the anime's opening scene. Not agree or disagree with that theory but saying anime spoiled future plot/revelation is quite weird considering anime always got stuffs wrong when adapting the manga like Hody and the gang tiny flashback when they were young encountering human discrimination even though in the manga their story were all about midless hatred/racism without actually suffered from racism.
    Another example was how Oda specifically asking for the anime team not to make SHank and Buggy to call Rayleigh captain when Rayleigh scolding them when anime team adapting chapter 19 in the anime. But for some reason now some fans want to use anime as valid prove for their theory that Kyoshiro is Denjiro/9 Scabbards.

Already brought up in other thread, but editor Naito talked about Wano arc and Stampede 4 days ago. Here is my summary of his interview.

- Editor Naito feels the popularity of OP is becoming much larger worldwide. For example, many French fans sang the song “We Are!” in a theater on the release date of Stampede. Chinese fan’s enthusiasm was so great that he has never seen.

- When Naito and another editor watched Stampede for the first time, they burst out crying since the film was awesome. In contrast, Oda was very cool after watching the screening. Oda said, “This film is the best OP film so far. However, final stages of my manga will be much more interesting.”

- Anime staffs consulted Oda several times regarding Eternal Pose to Laugh Tale.

- All successive OP editors had already heard from Oda about the spellings and meanings of Laugh Tale. Nato says it means important settings including Laugh Tale have never changed for these 20 years.

- According to Oda, Wano arc is a story which is heavily related to the final chapter of OP.
    Naito says this flashbacks of Wano will handle the legendary adventure of Roger. Wano is the most important arc that will be related to the biggest secret about “What is ONE PIECE (as a treasure)?”

- The interviewer is shocked to hear those words and asks Naito if it would be OK to publish this interview on the internet. Naito replies that Oda already approved those words.

- Naito honestly says Wano is such an important arc that fans who already stopped reading OP should come back.

- Naito says it’d be disappointing if former fans get to know big news such as “Someone died!” “OP as a treasure turned out to be…!!” through SNS (Twitter, Facebook etc).

- Naito can’t help doubting that OP will end in 5 years from what he heard from Oda about future stories... But at the same time, he says now that Oda himself said it with certainty, he believes Oda will finish OP in 5 years. Naito feels the pacing in Wano arc is so rushed that OP can finish in 5 years.

(note: Oda said he would like to finish OP in 5 years in the interview with Japanese YouTubers in August, 2019.)

source: https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2148735/full/

BTW, this pic below is a small spoiler about how many pages next chapter (963) will contain.
    Spoiler:

Also, Artur made a good summary of this interview on his website.
    https://thelibraryofohara.com/2019/1...nd-in-5-years/

Thanks Sandman! Naito's interviews are always full of hype,i love him for this

I bet he read AP and it got on his nerve how everyone was like nuh-uh you can't do that then he just went hold my beer for five years

Oda knows better then anyone what is left to do, we can only guess, so going to trust his 5 years. Maybe he is just tired of long arcs and will make short ones like zou. Wano doesn't feel long yet we already at fire festival and could be the arc luffy takes down 2 yonkous and has 3 road poneglyphs. With only 1 road poneglyph left in some island and raftel way is free.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; November 18th, 2019 at 05:08 AM.

I still don't see how five years is at all possible. I really hope he doesn't rush. It has been such a long journey, I don't know how I'd feel if the end of One Piece turned into a 'Game of Thrones season 8' situation. Please Oda, don't rush. Take breaks, rest, and take as long as you need!
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

I just don't see how it's possible.
    Last edited by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths; November 18th, 2019 at 04:23 PM.

*About cover story stuff, I don't include it in my summary because the question was spoken in Arabic language...
    I could hear Shimizu answered the staffs are too busy to handle side stories due to Wano arc, though...
    Many thanks for the summaries, always appreciate those.
    If you can point out at which timestamp the Arabic part that needs translation I can translate it for you.

Yonkou allied force evilvanessafan's Avatar

Laugh Tale.
    oh no, you didn't........ X_x
    (insert the Big Lebowski dude pointing gun meme here)

No one should be buying 5 years at all lol. Nice to hear them playing up the more interesting part of Wano, all the lore stuff. The present story with the rebellion is pretty whatever, but Wano's ancient history and nature, the Rocks, Roger's presence, are all intriguing. The re-confirmation of the name Laugh Tale is also cool, albeit it'll still sound goofy til we get the context.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

By "final chapter" of One piece, do they mean literal chapter or figurative like final saga?

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    No one should be buying 5 years at all lol.
    Everytime an AP:er doubts his estimate Oda shaves of a month of story. Keep it up and soon it will end in january 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    If you can point out at which timestamp the Arabic part that needs translation I can translate it for you.
    Oh, thank you so much for the kind words, Kaizoku_Ou.
    The interviewer starts asking something in Arabic from 25:53 to 26:15.
    Some people already mentioned that he is asking the possibility of adapting cover stories into anime and I'd like to trust them, but since I can't understand Arabic language, I didn't include it in my summary..
    https://youtu.be/UOaVt310zo4?t=1553

[EDIT]
    Thanks for the reply, @asm00200!!
    Last edited by sandman; November 19th, 2019 at 04:21 AM.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Oh, thank you so much for the kind words, Kaizoku_Ou.
    The interviewer starts asking something in Arabic from 25:53 to 26:15.
    Some people already mentioned that he is asking the possibility of adapting cover stories into anime and I'd like to trust them, but since I can't understand Arabic language, I didn't include it in my summary..
    https://youtu.be/UOaVt310zo4?t=1553
    The question, as you guessed, was about the cover stories and if anime fans would be able to see them in the anime.

And the answer was: I would love to adapt these stories, but right now we are too busy with Wano. But in the future we will (at least that's what the translator said).

Thanks for the reply, @asm00200!!
    Last edited by asm00200; November 20th, 2019 at 10:32 AM.
    What is Oden saying to WB?
    Become my son Whitebeard.

Only 5 years? Oh... and how will Oda introduce all the Underworld brokers that are big players?

I can feel that One Piece is going to be super rushed and is gonna fail because of skipping characters, fights...

Quote Originally Posted by Broker D Underworld View Post
    Only 5 years? Oh... and how will Oda introduce all the Underworld brokers that are big players?

I can feel that One Piece is going to be super rushed and is gonna fail because of skipping characters, fights...
    I like that you're living the gimmick, but are you so sure the underworld brokers will be that important?

They're just his moria
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information