View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
669. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

431 64.42%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

39 5.83%
  • The Gorosei

93 13.90%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

15 2.24%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

3 0.45%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.45%
  • Kong

2 0.30%
  • Dragon

7 1.05%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.30%
  • Other

74 11.06%
Closed Thread
Page 99 of 112 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2240

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    In a certain manga about ninjas...
    If Oda was a terrible author, you might have a point, but Oda's fundamentals have proven to be rather good, so I feel that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JDub View Post
    There's no 'if' about it. The True History, the thing the World Government wants covered up at all costs, will be revealed on Raftel. All the links are there. We learned from Rayleigh on Sabaody that the the Roger Pirates were able to uncover the truth behind the Void Century. Raftel cannot be reached without understanding Poneglyphs, the things that contain the True History. The people that made the Poneglyphs that contain the history left a map to Raftel with the Road Poneglyphs. Not to mention from a writing standpoint, it'd be weird to reveal the True History, the backbone of the overarching plot, and resolve all it entails at any point but the climax of the story.
    Blackbeard also likes history so he can most likely read poneglyph's instead of someone in his crew as well so the blackbeard pirates are going to raftel and like i have said before they will be stealing the anicent weapon roger dumped there that use to be on alabastia that crocodile could not find.

No final villiain in one piece since it will be a final war between 3 sides and we have 3 ancient weapons.
    Straw hats + alliances - mermaid princess - possiden fishman island
    Blackbeard pirates + alliances - Pluton raftel roger put it there shiki knew he found a anicent weapon and crocodile would not find it with his sand powers in a land of sand.
    world govt + alliances e.g 170 countrys that are not allied to straw hats,marines,CP assassins,ect. - Uranus nation treasure on holy land

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    Blackbeard also likes history so he can most likely read poneglyph's instead of someone in his crew as well so the blackbeard pirates are going to raftel and like i have said before they will be stealing the anicent weapon roger dumped there that use to be on alabastia that crocodile could not find.

No final villiain in one piece since it will be a final war between 3 sides and we have 3 ancient weapons.
    Blackbeard pirates + alliances - Pluton raftel roger put it there shiki knew he found a anicent weapon and crocodile would not find it with his sand powers in a land of sand.
    world govt + alliances e.g 170 countrys that are not allied to straw hats,marines,CP assassins,ect. - Uranus nation treasure on holy land
    This guy has the right idea. Just saying.........

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    And the sentences of the world breathed easy that night, no longer to be forced to endlessly run on.

Wait. sanji's_dad got banned? Its not an april fool's cleanup and his last post was ok, he even put punctuation. O_O

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post
    Wait. sanji's_dad got banned? Its not an april fool's cleanup and his last post was ok, he even put punctuation. O_O
    There's a purge in the winds. Others have fallen already.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    There's a purge in the winds. Others have fallen already.
    Eh, who else? 16 characters

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Eh, who else? 16 characters
    Veris, who was apparently Earthquake.

Sometimes spring cleaning for April Fools just isn't enough. No point in putting up with stuff for a year just to hit that arbitrary date. We didn't really do one in April this year anyway.

Several other posters are gone now that have just been generally abrasive or problematic, but haven't quite done one specific or outrageous post warranting banning.

Insert an Independance Day quote here.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Insert an Independance Day quote here.
    Give me liberty, or give me One Piece!I think that's the quote.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Ordinarily I might agree that I'm being harsh. And not care.
    But no this is "Case#2: Maybe this is the time Zephos is wrong about someone?".
    The garbage sort of debating Austrosemantia uses is a contagion. You'll notice as soon as he enters Whoosh mode I cease debate when I normally don't do that.
    If you have the ultimately silly if frustrating OroJackson posting of say...Joy Boy's Will. This is the flip side of aggressive cancerous OroJackson posting that comes with footnotes and citations.
    It's like the difference between an illiterate skinhead, and a tenured professor who writes massive notated Holocaust Denial books.
    The latter is actually way more dangerous.
    So yes please keep hemming and hawing about how poor widdle him is bein' attacked lol.
    If you people actually welcome that sort of posting, this is not your forum and good riddance to you.
    An illiterate skinhead?

And I wasn't even part of this discussion lol

I find it ironic that you refer to Australopithicus's postings as cancerous xD

To the point of this thread, it is blatantly obvious the fight vs. the WG is the endgame, and the battle vs. Blackbeard will decide who will become the pirate king. There is a clear implication that luffy must first become the PK, before he is allowed to read the true history, and come to understand why the WG must be brought down. It's very simple. You focus too much on your understanding of how to write a story, and not enough on the actual story you are reading.

Aus argued this quite well, with clear logical deductions based on actual evidence from the story of One Piece. I'll repost it so maybe you can have another chance to understand it.

I'll tell you why Blackbeard exists. Blackbeard exist to be Luffy's ultimate rival about becoming the Pirate King. Blackbeard's plan has been to become the Pirate King all along, and he had some incredible luck in such a plan.
    Spoiler:

I think Teech and Luffy’s combat will parallel Whitebeard and Roger’s fight. The battle between Luffy and Teech must be the decisive battle about the rightful successor to Roger's throne. That should do him justice.

If the government crumbles before the discovery of One Piece, what purpose would One Piece serve then given that its true nature is highly likely the Real Poneglyph -- the Pandora box that the government, for 800 years, has been going to great lengths to keep sealed? (I am talking about the content of One Piece here.)

After Robin read the poneglyph of Skypea, she realized that Roger must have, created for the first time, the Real Poneglyph.
    Spoiler:

The biggest hint regarding the true nature of One Piece is when Robin was inquiring about the nature of the Real Poneglyph:
    Spoiler:

When Kinemon was revealing to everyone present the reason behind Kaido's pursuit, he said that it was because of the secrets of the world that Oden acquired in his voyage with Roger to Raftel.
    Spoiler:

After that, Robin started recalling Rayleigh's words about the Blank Century: ‘we learned about everything that occurred’.

Spoiler:

In other words, in Raftel, the island wherein One Piece is rumored to exist, holds the historical records of the Void Century. These are solid hints to the nature of One Piece: the Real Poneglyph. Ironically in that very chapter, right after Robin finished asking Rayleigh about the ancient history, Usopp consecutively followed her question to Rayleigh with another question about One Piece’s existence in Raftel.

Moments before his death, Whitebeard tied the great war that the World Government dreads ‘directly’ to One Piece.
    Spoiler:

The way he said it was clearly suggesting that One Piece will play a crucial role in that war. There is no way around it as the great war was said in the context of a discussion revolving around One Piece.

After Whitebeard publicly announced that the One Piece exists, Sengoku furiously cursed him for that.
    Spoiler:

It is therefore evident that One Piece causes the government a Brobdingnagian inconvenience as much as the ancient history does.

Since One Piece will play a vital role in that war, it cannot be reached without Teech's defeat considering that it was clearly stated that Luffy must defeat the four emperors 'before' becoming the pirate king or finding the one piece (since these two phrases are used interchangeably in the story to express the same idea).
    Spoiler:

Even Luffy said that if he doesn’t vanquish the four emperors, he won’t become the pirate king.
    Spoiler:

The four emperors have already been set as an unavoidable obstacle that Luffy has to break through in order to become the pirate king, and this was indicated also by the ‘red poneglyphs’ that were said to be in possession of some of them and sought by all of them.
    Spoiler:

So, Blackbeard must be defeated ‘before’ Luffy finds One Piece, & this will make the government the final villain.

Also, after Rayleigh told Robin that he and his crew mates knew all of the history of the Void Century, he further added to that that even if he told her the history of the Void Century ‘as she is now’, there was nothing she could have done about it.
    Spoiler:

In other words, once the history of the void century becomes known to the Straw Hats, that seems to hint to the scenario that such knowledge will compel them to take actions against the World Government.

Moreover, the Straw Hats have already declared an all out war against the World Government.
    Spoiler:

It’s only natural for this loose end to be tied in due time, and to do that, the Straw Hats have to take a central role in the direct overthrow of the World Government.

Finally, One Piece (the story) has a pattern in its plotline: the past events of the first half of the story are mirrored later on in its second half in chronological order.
    Just as the beginning of the first half of the story had the downfall of a warlord that uses base means to usurp the throne of a country, so did the second half. The author has been creating amazingly & chronologically clear parallels between the two halves of the story, allowing us to predict to a certain degree the future happenings of events. And since the culmination of the first half of the story was a war between the government's forces and pirates, it is reasonable to conclude that the culmination of the second half will be a war that parallels the first one, but on a phenomenal scale, making the WG the final villain.
    "If I get reincarnated.... I wanna become a clam."

^Yes, everything you said is evidence, but no one is denying that the government will be involved in the final war. These are the missing pieces to keep adding on:

How do the 3 ancient weapons come into play? We know at least 1 is on the Luffy's side, but is it really possible that the remaining 2 weapons of mass destruction be in the hand of the government. The power of each alone is hinted to be catastrophic, is the WG really going to be the one to have both?

The more logical, not so one sided scenario is that 3 independent parties hold one each. Luffy, WG, X. Whom could this X be?

The most crucial piece of information is that there probably two discoveries going to be made on raftel. The Void Century AND the location of the final ancient weapon. It is highly especulated that the government already has in posession one of them. Considering that Blackbeard is the most developed villain, unlike one dimensional absolute justice, it is highly likely he is the candidate for the last weapon. Some throw a curveball and put Enel forward. I throw the ball back and say Mustachio Roger.

The funny part is: I don't even want BB as the final villain, but at this point of story it is hard to deny it anymore. I'll put perspective: Currently Luffy is seeking an alliance with Marco and his crew to defeat Kaido, funny thing is, Blackbeard already defeated them. Putting automatically Blackbeard higher than Kaido as a threat. If you can't see this connection, oh well. Let's keep going. Since....Logue town the revolutionary army has been built up as a main player fighting against the government. However, recent events has put them on the defensive because of Blackbeard again. So, the revos vs government is still most likely end game, but Blackbeard interfering like that also makes him a player capable of fighting on those grounds. Of course BB is not ready yet.(I believe he is going to show up to steal devilbfruits after wano, he will succeed, therefore more power.)

Just some pointers:
    - i think that Dragon lured Blackbeard and feigned retreat. However the previous point still stands.
    -i think the egg on Roger ship will hold some relevance during the end game.
    -Ancient weapons: Poseidon controls monsters. Pluton is the peak of technology. Could Uranus be a mythical creature? Yes I'm trying to connect the egg and the Ancient Weapons.

Main issue with the WG being the only final villain: The void century they are trying to cover up, the truth will probably both the predessesor of the WG and the Ancient Kingdom at war. But neither of these factions are fighting for greater good or the world. Both are trying to complete their own agenda. The only one trying to stop the madness is Joy Boy.

PS: Yes I can write pages on pages too.
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; July 6th, 2016 at 02:11 AM.

For fucks sake use [hide] tags when you're posting that many images.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Pro-tip: If you are gonna say that X is the Final Villain, remember to prove that Y is not the Final Villain.

A few questions for those who say that the WG will be the final antagonist: 1) What role will Blackbeard play during the final war? 2) What exactly will be the motivation for the WG in this final war? If your answer for the latter question is to keep the true history secret furthermore, then: 3) What will be the motivation of Luffy and his allies in the war?

Kinda confused by the projection of this incredibly linear "the final battle must be a series of doors opening, revealing a progression of bad guys and therefore WG will be the final one."

Luffy's need to overcome the yonkou and admirals, particularly in those strangely literally read panels posted, is more in reference to how far he has to progress to be at the top, it's a total stretch to read into that as some sort of systematic step-by-step guide to the war.

(I particularly like how that Fuji panel is suppose to be evidence of BB needing to go before the WG, but hey who cares about the Admirals lol) That post is full of self-evidenced nothings like "the war will be big, and thus the WG is the final boss," and then comedic leaps in reasoning like "WB said that One Piece will be vital to the war, so therefore Teach must be beaten by Luffy before the war."

Usually the WG as final villain crowd either hates BB, has a marine fetish (Darth), isn't quite aware of the story (Darth jr.), or whatever, but this read as a fill in your own blank essay.
    Last edited by Steven D. Teach; July 6th, 2016 at 07:52 AM.

Why is it that all supporter of final villains other than Blackbeard always utilize inane garbage, disguised as 'eloquent essays', to justify their denial of Teach's importance to the plot. I've said this before, but I will say it again: Oda has had the ending of One Piece in mind since the very beginning; furthermore, One Piece was only supposed to last 5 years. If Oda had actually lived up to that deadline, and never took a break, One Piece would've ended in 260 chapters. The first admiral didn't appear on screen until after that number; the Gorosei, the literal embodiments of the WG, didn't show until 232; Blackbeard however, is mentioned far before any of those FV candidates in Drum Island. Then you might be like, hose, Oda just thought it wasn't the right time to introduce the admirals and the Gorosei, but please, consider this. Oda had the finale of One Piece in mind since he started the series (when it was supposed to only last 5 years); in all of the early sketches Oda has released, the only core antagonist that makes an appearance is Teach. When you know this, why are you guys so stubborn to admit, that, Teach has to play a key role in the final conflict? Quite frankly, I don't care whether you believe he and his crew are the last to fall, but please stop relegating him to a boss battle at Raftel just because you don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven D. Teach View Post
    Kinda confused by the projection of this incredibly linear "the final battle must be a series of doors opening, revealing a progression of bad guys and therefore WG will be the final one."
    Because there has yet to be an example of a main enemy playing that role in two separate arc's, outside of the admirals who did not(for the most part) directly fight the straw hats like we have come to expect. If Luffy needs to become the PK, before setting his sights officially on Mariejoa(due to the true history) then he must defeat teach who is portrayed in a way that suggests he is the final hurdle among pirates for the title. Which suggests we will get a full sclae arc Luffy vs. Blackbeard (11 vs. 11) just before(or perhaps during) the raftel arc. After which Luffy should then read the true history, come to understand the ancient conflict of differing "ideals" between the great kingdom and the 20 kings, and attack mariejoa. He wont do this alone however, as Mihawk points out Luffy has the most dangerous power in the world, he has the power to make allies out of his former enemies. This does not even include his general ability to make nakama in the first place. So we should expect that Luffy will head to mariejoa with the majority of all currently living allies and former enemies. But the point I want to emphasize again is that Oda has yet to feature the same enemy in two arcs. Teach might be there during the final battle, but I seriously doubt he will do so as an enemy.

Luffy's need to overcome the yonkou and admirals, particularly in those strangely literally read panels posted, is more in reference to how far he has to progress to be at the top, it's a total stretch to read into that as some sort of systematic step-by-step guide to the war.
    I dont actually take this panels as literally as Aus, because for one I dont believe Luffy will end up having defeat either Big Mom or Shanks. But still, the Yonko need to be defeated either directly or indirectly before Luffy can be allowed to become the pirate king. This has been foreshadowed on numerous occasions. Some might argue that Roger never defeated whitebeard, however, I dont believe he needed to. As we can see before Rogers death, he and whitebeard were friends, and whitebeard did not stand in his way.

(I particularly like how that Fuji panel is suppose to be evidence of BB needing to go before the WG, but hey who cares about the Admirals lol) That post is full of self-evidenced nothings like "the war will be big, and thus the WG is the final boss," and then comedic leaps in reasoning like "WB said that One Piece will be vital to the war, so therefore Teach must be beaten by Luffy before the war."
    It is heavily implied that he who finds the one piece will become the pirate king. So, you think Luffy as the pirate king will meet teach who is angry at Luffy for having found the one piece before him... while still having never proven that he is the stronger pirate? I think Blackbeard parallels well with Shiki, and Roger defeated Shiki just BEFORE he was finally able to find Raftel and earn the title of the king of the pirates.

Usually the WG as final villain crowd either hates BB, has a marine fetish (Darth), isn't quite aware of the story (Darth jr.), or whatever, but this read as a fill in your own blank essay.
    I have nothing against BB, I just think you are underestimating the scope of the power of the WG.
    "If I get reincarnated.... I wanna become a clam."

Blackbeard doesnt need to fight luffy before he gets to Raftel. it wont be easy getting there but blackbeard doesnt have to be the doorman.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I'm one of those guys that thinks it'll be a three-way war between the SHs and their allies, BB Pirates and their allies, and every faction under the WG. Each side will most likely have a Ancient Weapon at their disposal. The fight for the title of Pirate King will be more than just Luffy vs Teach on the doorstep of Raftel.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Closed Thread

Thread Information