View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
669. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

    431 64.42%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

    39 5.83%
  • The Gorosei

    93 13.90%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

    15 2.24%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

    3 0.45%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

    3 0.45%
  • Kong

    2 0.30%
  • Dragon

    7 1.05%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

    2 0.30%
  • Other

    74 11.06%
Closed Thread
Page 88 of 112 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2240

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

  1. #1741

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    I'm still trying to figure out if invisible Haki and the blackening/hardening are two different things. When it was described to Luffy it was said to be like an invisible armor. Before the time skip when we were getting bits and pieces of Haki from Saboady to the end of the war I could understand not wanting to blacken anything until Oda was ready to reveal it in full but now that we have several post time skip scenes where not everything goes black when haki is in use what is the difference? One is just harder and a more advanced version? I could live with that.

    My own head cannon for the differences between Iron Body and using Color of Arms defensively is that Iron Body allows the users body to act as if it's made entirely out of metal where is CoA gives the user an outer shell(that seems to be stronger and has more utility lol). Luckily we should be getting insight on CP9 at some point so hopefully differences between the abilities are addressed.

    What ever the case I'm cool with Rokushiki existing along side Haki. At the very least it still seems valuable to Oda as the government doesn't just reserve its Rokushiki training to the CP's but they teach it to their fruitless or Zoan marines as well.

    It's all clearly based on real world martial arts but it still makes me wonder. The guys doing their chi gong and hold perfectly still taking those huge hits, I wonder can they just go walking around like the juggernaut and not be affected by people whaling on them or do they need to be still like that?
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

  2. #1742

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    If anything the six forms only seem more useful when it can be teamed up with ambition.

    That and most of them fill a void ambition doesn't adress

  3. #1743

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    And yet supe rmega trained assassin Lucchi didn't have the extremely useful technique for penetrating the defense of devil fruit users. Sure, he was managing to do damage *anyway*, but it's really weird to think there was any reason for him *not* to know it or that he would have been absolutely stomped by any logia.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  4. #1744

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Did anyone mention this: Mihawk saw what Buggy had been doing with the cameras, and knew the marines were focusing on him. So Mihawk cut him a bunch of times, to elevate Buggy's stature and also propose his Shichibukai status to the government, effectively planting a ticking BUGGY BOMB in whatever future arc.

    This is a spoiler from Hunter x Hunter: Election Arc

    Spoiler:
    Kinda like Ging let Leorio punch him to add some salsa on that fuego.
    I don't think they had that Den Den Mushi when Buggy faced Mihawk.

  5. #1745

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    And yet supe rmega trained assassin Lucci didn't have the extremely useful technique for penetrating the defense of devil fruit users. Sure, he was managing to do damage *anyway*, but it's really weird to think there was any reason for him *not* to know it or that he would have been absolutely stomped by any logia.
    And yet the BC vice-admirals were awed the THE Lucci was on the case.

    It does feel a bit odd doesn't it

  6. #1746

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    You just know Lucci, Croc and Moriah are going to come back with Haki in hand I think it will be then that I'll really get annoyed.

    I would absolutely love love love, if Croc was just one of those people who couldn't and still can't draw it out and utilize Haki at all. I think it would play well into him running from the New World and trying to find other means of becoming Pirate King.

    Lucci's going to come back and explain how his Haki training was put on hold because of his Water 7 mission and I'll be like .
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

  7. #1747

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Mihawks odd he certainly didnt hold back with any of his sword attacks but he didnt continuously pursue luffy like smoker, it was like if you want to get past here youll have to go through me, and then a bunch of dudes kept interrupting his fight but he didnt chase after luffy even when him and vista stopped fighting

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    You just know Lucci, Croc and Moriah are going to come back with Haki in hand I think it will be then that I'll really get annoyed.

    I would absolutely love love love, if Croc was just one of those people who couldn't and still can't draw it out and utilize Haki at all. I think it would play well into him running from the New World and trying to find other means of becoming Pirate King.

    Lucci's going to come back and explain how his Haki training was put on hold because of his Water 7 mission and I'll be like .
    During his fight with luffy there were many scenes where he as a human and leopard man strikes luffy a rubberman and he is drawn like he is feeling some sort of pain from the attac, that might be oda trying to make the fight look more intense instead of lufy no selling it because rob lucci only had two non blunt force attacks, his finger pistols and his tempest kicks, but I remember it being there. I think he could just get away with never explaining it WRT lucci having it, and one could even be like oh maybe had a bit if haki.

    Physical attacks on luffy are kind of based on force / area aka a needle or anything that comes to a point or blade can pierce through him, but a giant can lay a sea king skeleton on him and he's in no pain and with punches its kind of inconsistent but they leave more of an effect on him
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  8. #1748
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Let's not forget everyones favorite haki grandmaster, Captain Kuro!

    Spoiler:


  9. #1749
    Vanquishing Light The True Saviour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    You just know Lucci, Croc and Moriah are going to come back with Haki in hand I think it will be then that I'll really get annoyed.

    I would absolutely love love love, if Croc was just one of those people who couldn't and still can't draw it out and utilize Haki at all. I think it would play well into him running from the New World and trying to find other means of becoming Pirate King.

    Lucci's going to come back and explain how his Haki training was put on hold because of his Water 7 mission and I'll be like .
    But Lucci does have a good excuse for not learning Haki. His mission undercover AND learning the Rokushiki techniques took up all his time. You act as if he was always a master and didn't waste time mastering those.

    Also the Rokushiki are definitely more useful than having Haki. Mastering these techniques makes you a super human and the abilities gained are borderline DF-like. Haki on the other hand is much less impressive. And it's really not worth it because of how rare Logias are anyway. And even the sea is everywhere so a master like Lucci would use that to fight Logias. Also for his job mastering the Rokushiki techniques is more useful. So yeah Lucci not having haki makes sense and isn't a big deal.

    Moriah is a weakling anyway so he doesn't matter. And Crocodile seemed to have given up on trying to advance through will power and sought other means.

  10. #1750
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Would you say that they are equal assumptions even when we know that Oda has a well-documented habit of coming back to aspects of the story previously thought to be gags?
    The good old I will ask you a fair question while sneakily putting my argument so that disagreeing with me seems unreasonable.

    He also have plenty simple moments that just made for one quick joke. So yes.

    But if you have to suppose that Oda gag is a way for Oda to tease the future, you seems to be doing more analysis than required by the Occam razor. But if you want to go that way, I can point out that such gag are usually pointed out such as Sanji's comment or Chopper worrying about Sanji's health and mental state. No such thing happened with Buggy, just like Nami punches or Luffy shooting Ace and Smoker, the funny moment passed without anyone commenting on the oddness of it.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Moriah is not a weakling.



  11. #1751
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I have no idea why you'd think that this would be a possible outcome of this little chat.

    You guys must have a pretty dim view of AP's moderation staff
    Not of this little chat, but if there are multiple little chats like this one, it might be a deciding factor in the future.

    I don't want to waste my positive points on a discussion like this, especially when the most of the other camp refuses to acknowledge just a possibility they might be wrong. Don't see what's the problem. I can easilly admit that there's a chance Oda designed Buggy's devil fruit to split before he is cut. I just don't think that's likely, considering all the stuff I already wrote.

    Like Robby said, Marineford was really inconsistent. Or had to be, at least. Sort of a transitional period for Haki. You have rookies who have just learned about it (Luffy), rookies who have just learned about it but it makes no sense they wouldn't know about it (Buggy, Smoker), top class fighters who are experts, top class fighters who should know about it, but don't (Crocodile, Moria). All these named characters who can use Haki and only 2 died. Couple of them sustained lasting injuries. We had Smoker referring to Boa's skill as "Kuja Haki", as if it's not a skill most top marines are perfectly capable of using. We had Mihawk splitting glacier from the distance as a side effect of a regular slash aimed at Luffy, but we also had Mihawk using minimal force with no collateral damage to deal with newkamas and Daz Bones. It's not like you can draw a lot of solid conclusions from that mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  12. #1752

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I don't think they had that Den Den Mushi when Buggy faced Mihawk.
    I figured I wouldn't be able to find the exact sequence, but after reading a summary it happend after. So I repeat what I said, excluding the camara part, because I meant to lighten up the mood on this circular discussion. Alternatively you could say that Mihawk wanted to see the extent of the devil fruit power to resist cutting attacks without the use of haki to harm him.

    I thought that the 6 forms the marines use were the basics for haki training. Like kami-e is the start level of observation haki, tekkai for armament.
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; May 14th, 2016 at 06:45 AM.

  13. #1753
    Vanquishing Light The True Saviour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    I thought that the 6 forms the marines use were the basics for haki training. Like kami-e is the start level of observation haki, tekkai for armament.
    If anything Rokushiki seems to be way more advanced than anything Haki related we have seen so far. So it may be that haki inspired Rokushiki and it's a more advanced fighting style.

  14. #1754

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by The True Saviour View Post
    If anything Rokushiki seems to be way more advanced than anything Haki related we have seen so far. So it may be that haki inspired Rokushiki and it's a more advanced fighting style.
    I agree, to elaborate on what I said. The marines are aware of haki and its forms, and know the importance of this power to fight against pirates. So through martial arts, they teach their soldiers techniques that will help them understand the essence of haki while providing its combat prowess before any of the soldiers develop haki. However once they do, their knowledge of these 6 forms will help them adapt and have an exponential increase in their combat ability.

  15. #1755

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post

    During his fight with luffy there were many scenes where he as a human and leopard man strikes luffy a rubberman and he is drawn like he is feeling some sort of pain from the attac, that might be oda trying to make the fight look more intense instead of lufy no selling it because rob lucci only had two non blunt force attacks, his finger pistols and his tempest kicks, but I remember it being there. I think he could just get away with never explaining it WRT lucci having it, and one could even be like oh maybe had a bit if haki.
    Oh yeah I almost forgot about that. Luffy also took a knee to the belly as well right and reacted like he was in pain? Or was that anime only? I take back my last statement. If it's "explained" that Lucci had Haki all along I'd be cool with it.

    It's just a little odd that Luffy didn't do his usual, "why does it hurt?!
    Last edited by RomanceDawn; May 14th, 2016 at 08:54 AM.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

  16. #1756

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    The good old I will ask you a fair question while sneakily putting my argument so that disagreeing with me seems unreasonable.
    I didn't realize that this was a thing with it's own name and label.

    Here i thought i was just making a fair point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Not of this little chat, but if there are multiple little chats like this one, it might be a deciding factor in the future.
    Sounds like we'd give the KGB a run for their money. Keeping folders on all these dissendents.

    And making 'em disappear when they get too uncomfortable.

  17. #1757
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I didn't realize that this was a thing with it's own name and label.

    Here i thought i was just making a fair point.
    I like labels, it's nothing special really.

    I answered to your point. He also have plenty simple moments that just made for one quick joke

    Funny enough, I don't think haki can cut Buggy. However the scene people are referencing is far from as cut and dry they are making it to be. Both side use the Occam Razor, they just use it in different fashion.



  18. #1758
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Sounds like we'd give the KGB a run for their money. Keeping folders on all these dissendents.

    And making 'em disappear when they get too uncomfortable.
    Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

    But seriously, I remember one of the mods, possibly Robby, explaining the decision after last year's purge. Couple of members were banned not because of any specific post, but because of history of being a pain, to put it simply. One of them, Magi, was first banned from Dragonball thread after an insane discussion about the size of the moon or something (not really sure I remember this right), in which he was painfully stubborn. Much like I was here, lol.

    Other than that, I can tell when the discussion has gone for too long. And there's only so little that can be said about this specific matter until or if it gets more attention in manga.

    Anyway, I didn't vote here until yesterday, and couple of choices with 2-3 voters really stand out. I'd really like to see the reasoning behind BM, Kong, Weeble (was the poll created before he was revealed?) or Kaidou being the big bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  19. #1759

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

    But seriously, I remember one of the mods, possibly Robby, explaining the decision after last year's purge. Couple of members were banned not because of any specific post, but because of history of being a pain, to put it simply. One of them, Magi, was first banned from Dragonball thread after an insane discussion about the size of the moon or something (not really sure I remember this right), in which he was painfully stubborn. Much like I was here, lol.
    Even in the case that we were actively culling people for being annoying you wouldn't even make the honorable mentions.

    You have no idea how deep that shit-posting rabbit hole goes if you think what you (and i) just posted even counts as strike one.

  20. #1760

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But seriously, I remember one of the mods, possibly Robby, explaining the decision after last year's purge. Couple of members were banned not because of any specific post, but because of history of being a pain, to put it simply. One of them, Magi, was first banned from Dragonball thread after an insane discussion about the size of the moon or something (not really sure I remember this right), in which he was painfully stubborn. Much like I was here, lol.
    As someone who butts heads with you a bunch I can assure you you're not in the purge category. You're a vanilla person. I am more likely to be banned then you.
    Magi was a raging moron with a snotty attitude as I recall. One who was gladly trying to bring over Narutofan Battledome type conversations, which are a huge no no.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts