View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

393 65.94%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

38 6.38%
  • The Gorosei

84 14.09%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

12 2.01%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

2 0.34%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.50%
  • Kong

2 0.34%
  • Dragon

6 1.01%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.34%
  • Other

54 9.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 103 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2052

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    I put Vasco and Jimbe, because Vasco looks like a fishman with earings on his gills.
    So most of the match up look logical. Well, that could make sense in a way too.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

In the name of tugging at tenuously connected threads i could see Robin and Devon.

One is the most evil woman in the world, and the other is the infamous devil child/woman.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    In the name of tugging at tenuously connected threads i could see Robin and Devon.

One is the most evil woman in the world, and the other is the infamous devil child/woman.
    There is nothing more evil then the women that charges her friends money to cook food and leaves them starving at the mercy of her captain that cooks as good as a 2 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    For just that?!
    I understand the theory that the Blackbeard crew and Strawhats will have a final showdown and Zoro most likely will fight Shilew,but just because Teach is going to be Luffy's biggest enemy(among pirates) doesn't mean that every strawhat would find their arch rival among Blackbeard crew(that's the vibe i get with this theory).....
    Also story dynamics and general tropes, the fact this is a shonen manga, that the other 10 strawhats are going to have their ultimate battles then, how the Zoro and Mihawk relationship has changed, and how the author works in general.

There's the story reasons we have so far, which aren't much, and then there's the authorial reasons that we have for later, which is a lot.

The blackbeards as a whole WILL be the final battles of the series. Not among the final battles, THE final battles. The fight against Shiryu as a result has to be Zoro's best and most impressive, most emotional. WHich in turn compromises Mihawk's position.

If this was a sports manga it might be one thing, but its a big tale about the entire world and big events. (And even in sports manga, the top tier guy is usually surprise beaten by an even stronger opponent right around the time the hero is ready to be their equal)

Quote Originally Posted by Owain View Post
    I doubt Burgess is in the top 5 of the Blackbeard Pirates, let alone top three. A level 6 or whoever the unknown captain is makes more sense as Sanji's opponent than the guy who was beaten again and again by Sabo.
    Burgess doesn't have his devil fruit yet. He'll be stronger by the end.

And Sabo is pretty top tier, number 2 in the revolutionary army,able to go toe to toe against an admiral. Losing to him is no foul.
    Last edited by Robby; May 10th, 2016 at 11:23 AM.

Remember that it's made out of the incredibly durable Adam wood.

And that it's already getting torn up and repaired all the time. That's why Franky is there in the first place.
    Even Adam wood is not impervious to a giant like SJW putting his fist through it. Not to mention the supply of Adam wood used for repairs is probably limited. Not to mention combining metal parts with wooden parts would create a liability in the structure. Oh I know Oda can brush it all off with Haki and stuff. Just think the merits of combining wouldn't be good enough to warrant it. And it would have to be a pretty smooth win in order for Sunny to still be usable after.

Just my view.

I'd say that if he was he wouldn't be complaining so much about having to swim everywhere.
    Fishmen can't get tired? Especially if he had to drag everyone all the way from FI and then not being able to get out of the water and rest because the whole island is on fire. Also, I can't remember which translation was correct. His feet are tired/fish are biting him/the underwater rocks are too hot to stand on.

There's still a matter of how he even got to NW. Coating him would be a pretty big job. Especially if it's being done in a spitting distance from marine HQ. If we assume Rayleigh is one of the best coaters, and the best he could do with Sunny was 3 days, then SJW would require twice as long, minimum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The blackbeards as a whole WILL be the final battles of the series. Not among the final battles, THE final battles. The fight against Shiryu as a result has to be Zoro's best and most impressive, most emotional. WHich in turn compromises Mihawk's position.
    You're basing all this on a lot of assumptions and setting yourself up for some heartache when your idea of a perfect story doesn't come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    You're basing all this on a lot of assumptions and setting yourself up for some heartache when your idea of a perfect story doesn't come to fruition.
    Ain't my idea. I want a Zoro Mihawk fight thats been promised for 15 years. I'm basing it off what's there on the page and what the author has consistently done in the past.

What I want and what the story will do aren't the same.

For instance, I'd prefer Monet stay dead so there can be some actual danger and costs and sacrifice in the new world, but she'll be alive whenever we get around to doing the coverstory for Doflamingo's crew.

Maybe we could have a 2 vs 1, nami-robin vs devon. And yeah thats not 11-11 but you could add someone ( Perhaps Law ) allied to the strawhats to fight two of the blackbeards. A redux of Usopp-Chopper.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Even Adam wood is not impervious to a giant like SJW putting his fist through it. Not to mention the supply of Adam wood used for repairs is probably limited. Not to mention combining metal parts with wooden parts would create a liability in the structure. Oh I know Oda can brush it all off with Haki and stuff. Just think the merits of combining wouldn't be good enough to warrant it. And it would have to be a pretty smooth win in order for Sunny to still be usable after.

Just my view.

Fishmen can't get tired? Especially if he had to drag everyone all the way from FI and then not being able to get out of the water and rest because the whole island is on fire. Also, I can't remember which translation was correct. His feet are tired/fish are biting him/the underwater rocks are too hot to stand on.

There's still a matter of how he even got to NW. Coating him would be a pretty big job. Especially if it's being done in a spitting distance from marine HQ. If we assume Rayleigh is one of the best coaters, and the best he could do with Sunny was 3 days, then SJW would require twice as long, minimum.
    Agree, I dont know if he's a hybrid but the dialogue alone doesnt really prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Also story dynamics and general tropes, the fact this is a shonen manga, that the other 10 strawhats are going to have their ultimate battles then, how the Zoro and Mihawk relationship has changed, and how the author works in general.

There's the story reasons we have so far, which aren't much, and then there's the authorial reasons that we have for later, which is a lot.

If this was a sports manga it might be one thing, but its a big tale about the entire world and big events. (And even in sports manga, the top tier guy is usually surprise beaten by an even stronger opponent right around the time the hero is ready to be their equal)

Burgess doesn't have his devil fruit yet. He'll be stronger by the end.

And Sabo is pretty top tier, number 2 in the revolutionary army,able to go toe to toe against an admiral. Losing to him is no foul.
    Do you think it's likely that if nekomamushi succeeds at bringing marco to the fight, ( and why would would he be mentioned if he doesnt join...) and he plays a role in helping luffy beat Kaido that he would ie afterwards. I'm not opposed to him getting a devil fruit but ive seen marco's floated around so much and the only reason is to make burgess a fit for sanji, would Oda kill off marco after he reacquaints with luffy and helps beat kaido all to give burgess that specifric fruit. Im skeptical, I can see him with another fruit however.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Do you think it's likely that if nekomamushi succeeds at bringing marco to the fight, ( and why would would he be mentioned if he doesnt join...) and he plays a role in helping luffy beat Kaido that he would ie afterwards. I'm not opposed to him getting a devil fruit but ive seen marco's floated around so much and the only reason is to make burgess a fit for sanji, would Oda kill off marco after he reacquaints with luffy and helps beat kaido all to give burgess that specifric fruit. Im skeptical, I can see him with another fruit however.
    I posted a possible scenario where this could happen in the theory thread. I think it could greatly increase the drama between the Strawhats and the Blackbeard Pirates, and it fits motives and personality.

I posted a possible scenario where this could happen in the theory thread. I think it could greatly increase the drama between the Strawhats and the Blackbeard Pirates, and it fits motives and personality.
    All I'm saying is Oda wont go from 2 people dying in paradise to 20 in the new world

Shanks will probably be dead, Jozu being dead is expected, the BB wont all have fruits of people we know. Like lafitte wont all of a sudden be like hey look im a smoke man now, or devon having the mero mero no mi etc all for the point of the strawhats getting revenge. It's a light hearted manga and even when it gets really dark/serious there will still be people alive at the end of it, charloss or spandam are totally irredeemable but they're alive, so oda wont kill off everyone just so we get the StrawAngst Pirates
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    Spoiler:

In case any of you wonders how a sunny-mecha could work or look like, I did a little sketch of how I imagine that thing:
    Hidden:
    I hope that link works. If not, please let me know it.
    My imagination of Franky's (future) masterpiece: Sunny-Shogun

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    All I'm saying is Oda wont go from 2 people dying in paradise to 20 in the new world

Shanks will probably be dead, Jozu being dead is expected, the BB wont all have fruits of people we know. Like lafitte wont all of a sudden be like hey look im a smoke man now, or devon having the mero mero no mi etc all for the point of the strawhats getting revenge. It's a light hearted manga and even when it gets really dark/serious there will still be people alive at the end of it, charloss or spandam are totally irredeemable but they're alive, so oda wont kill off everyone just so we get the StrawAngst Pirates
    Tell that to Law's crispy sister. Jokes aside, yes, the BB will not have all the devil fruits of people we know. However how many casualties are you expecting from Kaido's war? Is everyone making it out alive on both sides? Just on the good side? I think once we establish an idea around that, then we can continue to discuss how many future deaths we shall see besides the favorite (Shanks...etc). And the idea of BB crashing Luffy vs Kaido's war aftermath is not out of the blue. We know Kaido has one of the biggest devil fruit users crew, and that Blackbeard' objective right now is to get Devil Fruit Powers. BB is an opportunistic bastard, so a battle of the magnitude Kaido would be involved, he knows he can benefit if he plans appropriately. And I think that having Luffy fail in the liberation of Wano would be nice for character development. (More details in the theory thread, I don't want to post this everywhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    In case any of you wonders how a sunny-mecha could work or look like, I did a little sketch of how I imagine that thing:
    This looks awesome!!! How long did it take you to do it? Also, how would you depict a fusion between Shogun and Sunny? (I'm taking your drawing as Sunny doing the transformation solo.

(...)
    This looks awesome!!! How long did it take you to do it? Also, how would you depict a fusion between Shogun and Sunny? (I'm taking your drawing as Sunny doing the transformation solo.
    Thanks for the feedback! I never can tell how long I draw on this stuff, cause once I start drawing I lose any sense of time. But I guess sth. between 30 minutes and an hour (but closer to 30 minutes). The ideas came within 5-10 minutes.

Well, since those forearms don't look like any part of the ship, I'd say Franky Shogun will be used as those thick forearms parts.
    But going from a solo Sunny-Shogun, a fusion with Franky Shogun I would take the figure head and put it in front of the mecha's chest (I think the power rangers used the rex-head this way iirc) and then I put the Franky Shogun as a head atop the ship. Or I'd stick with the figurehead as it is and put the franky shogun with its back on the main deck (the grass area), so it looks like the Franky shogun "stands" in the mecha's center.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; May 10th, 2016 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well swimming for a fishman should be way, way less tiring than it would be for a human. Seeing as how they get an insane power boost in water and are used to/built for the activity. Not that it matters all that much either but i don't think he carried anyone. He just swam beside their raft no?

My guess would be that he simply climbed over it like Fisher Tiger did.

I mean the red line is not quite that enormous for a guy that size.

That's pretty good. Not that i'm qualified to judge these things, but i'd say you got some talent.

And yes i could totally see a thing like that climbing up San Juan to stab him in the neck

That is totally suuuper.

(...)
    That's pretty good. Not that i'm qualified to judge these things, but i'd say you got some talent.

And yes i could totally see a thing like that climbing up San Juan to stab him in the neck
    Thanks, I did it pretty rushy and sketchy, but at the same time I tried to draw it as odaish as possible (though I screwed up the figurehead).
    For the Sunny's references I used the SBS-section of vol. 46 (Sunny-go-Special, beautiful sketches of all the Sunny's interior and co).
    And even SJW, the Sunny-Shogun's opponent is impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorkov View Post
    That is totally suuuper.
    16 characters of Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; May 10th, 2016 at 03:00 PM.

Man what great discussion. I guess I never really thought about it that much but I always did wonder how Oda would handle Mihawk and Shiliew/Shyru(what's the official spelling?) Props to Monkey King and then Robby for taking it further.

I know I'm going to go to a convention and discuss One Piece with others and bring up Shiryu as Zoro's final opponent and just like Jinbe back in like 2011(or well before Fishman Island ended anyway) I know everyone is going to gang up on me with the opposite opinion. No worries though, just like with Jinbe I know eventually years down the line there are going to be like 20 men and women reading One Piece thinking "wow that guy from the convention was right and boy was he handsome!"
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I don't think Mihawk's gonna be alive by the end of the series. Shiliew is the swordsman of the BB Pirates. My guess is Shiliew somehow kills Mihawk or "steals" his swordsmanship through a DF or something. Stupid theory that doesn't belong here, but I'm pretty sure Mihawk will be to Zoro what Shanks is to Luffy. Teacher that will likely die.
    I could've sworn I posted the Shiliew/Mihawk post above prior to last year, but whatevs. Yeah, I never thought that Zoro would get to have his one on one with Mihawk. Same with Luffy meeting Shanks (which I'm sure I mentioned a few years back). If I were a betting man, I'd say Zoro will have to earn his title without beating Mihawk and Luffy will have to put Shanks hat on his grave if he wants to give it back. It just makes more sense that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    You keep saying this without looking at or considering any of the ample evidence and logic. It's like you saw us saying things like "that's fanfiction" and are just blandly parroting it without understanding what you're doing or how it applies.

I could've sworn I posted the Shiliew/Mihawk post above prior to last year, but whatevs. Yeah, I never thought that Zoro would get to have his one on one with Mihawk. Same with Luffy meeting Shanks (which I'm sure I mentioned a few years back). If I were a betting man, I'd say Zoro will have to earn his title without beating Mihawk and Luffy will have to put Shanks hat on his grave if he wants to give it back. It just makes more sense that way.
    Yes Bobloblaw, you were our inspiration for this theory we just posted about for the first time ourselves.

Can you elaborate on this Luffy/hat/grave thingy?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information