View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
669. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

431 64.42%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

39 5.83%
  • The Gorosei

93 13.90%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

15 2.24%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

3 0.45%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.45%
  • Kong

2 0.30%
  • Dragon

7 1.05%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.30%
  • Other

74 11.06%
Closed Thread
Page 69 of 112 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2240

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Freecs View Post
    Why so arrogant ?
    You could just ignore me, and talk via PM how naive is the guy who just posted on the topic.
    Why post at all if you don't want the discussion?

The final villain is Blackbeard. The whys have been explained dozens of times in this thread, at length, as recently as the previous page.

No one is picking on you or insulting you. Your stance however does not hold up to the actual story, and you should read the explanations for why and educate yourself. That's the point of discussion.

Please, read at least a little of the topic before jumping in. In this thread or others.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

what discussion ? I Just saw a bunch of fellas saying "uh this thread only exist for people like us to laugh at the morons who didn't get for now 60 pages that Teach is the final villain".
    why this thread still exists then ?

Anyway. I'm done here.

Vanquishing Light The True Saviour's Avatar

what discussion ? I Just saw a bunch of fellas saying "uh this thread only exist for people like us to laugh at the morons who didn't get for now 60 pages that Teach is the final villain".

Anyway. I'm done here.
    Done? You didn't even write anything interesting. Heck even your opinion is moot because you didn't even bother to back it up with evidence.

Anyway. I'm done here.
    Don't be done, but if you go back as far as page 66 I've talked about other alternatives than Blackbeard, even if I agree that BB is the highest candidate out there, I am open to surprises. About Law vs Luffy vs Kidd, I highly doubt it, as it seems they'll be working together more than against each other. If Law decides to be independent and still aim for One Piece, then sure, but Kidd I doubt he will make any good as an antagonist after he was off-screened like that.

Luffy don't act on Revenge and why does Luffy have to be the one to act anyway, I mean, I can definitely see the Marines and the Blackbeards coming for the Strawhats heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what discussion ?
    The paragraphs upon paragraphs of posts on the literally previous page, as I already mentioned.

No one feels like making the same argument again, since it was made *yesterday*. At length.

No one is saying "read all sixty pages". But at least skim the last one or two to see where the current conversation is before jumping in.
    Last edited by Robby; May 6th, 2016 at 04:01 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Why so arrogant ?
    You could just ignore me, and talk via PM how naive is the guy who just posted on the topic.
    I'm simply informing you about Blackbeard being the final villain.
    The next step is usually "Really? Why?".
    Or perhaps an attempt to refute my statement, which I tend to find more useful in telling people why it's Blackbeard.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It's been far more than 60 pages, at least two other threads bursting to the seams with pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    Luffy don't act on Revenge
    Luffy's insanely vindictive against guys who hurt people he likes. As far back as chapter friggin' one that was obvious dude lol.
    A guy made FUN of Shanks, and Luffy (9 years old!) lost it and attacked the guy.
    Then see every other arc where villains and sometimes sub-villains piss Luffy off by doing wrong on someone Luffy likes.

If Luffy's going to lose his shit and KO a guy for burning down a pet food store because he took a liking to a literal dog.
    I think we can be assured that he would be at least a little miffed at Blackbeard for killing Shanks.

and why does Luffy have to be the one to act anyway, I mean, I can definitely see the Marines and the Blackbeards coming for the Strawhats heads.
    Act? Blackbeard wouldn't JUST be killing Shanks. He'd also be taking center stage in the post-Raftel chaos (like in Marineford), probably with an ancient weapon. The conflict would be leading to him regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I
    Luffy's insanely vindictive against guys who hurt people he likes. As far back as chapter friggin' one that was obvious dude lol.
    A guy made FUN of Shanks, and Luffy (9 years old!) lost it and attacked the guy.
    Then see every other arc where villains and sometimes sub-villains piss Luffy off by doing wrong on someone Luffy likes.

If Luffy's going to lose his shit and KO a guy for burning down a pet food store because he took a liking to a literal dog.
    I think we can be assured that he would be at least a little miffed at Blackbeard for killing Shanks.
    Should have used a better word, hate...?

Act? Blackbeard wouldn't JUST be killing Shanks. He'd also be taking center stage in the post-Raftel chaos (like in Marineford), probably with an ancient weapon. The conflict would be leading to him regardless.
    he'll be taking center stage, but that does not guarantee that he won't be the one to move in to finish the Strawhats rather than the Strawhats coming to him.

Thinking about it, it will make more sense for Luffy finding out and rushing to Blackbeard but following what's gonna transparent during the final stage I just can't picture it happening the simple way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    Should have used a better word, hate...?
    It will be interesting to see Luff's psychology when the inevitable events happened. But let's debate what he'll think when we see his first reactions.
    he'll be taking center stage, but that does not guarantee that he won't be the one to move in to finish the Strawhats rather than the Strawhats coming to him.
    Perhaps it could happened like that. Maybe not. It's really not relevant to who the final villain will be.
    But again this is the manga where one of the more famous scenes is Luffy calling Usopp, Zoro, and Sanji to arms and marching on Arlong Park.

It will be interesting to see Luff's psychology when the inevitable events happened. But let's debate what he'll think when we see his first reactions.
    will be interesting alright!

Perhaps it could happened like that. Maybe not. It's really not relevant to who the final villain will be.
    But again this is the manga where one of the more famous scenes is Luffy calling Usopp, Zoro, and Sanji to arms and marching on Arlong Park.
    Yeah... Now, I'm expecting the 8000 thousands followers scene to be the most memorable scene in the whole series.

Luffy's insanely vindictive against guys who hurt people he likes.
    Whaaaat ?!
    Luffy goes insane against guys who hurt people he likes....to help them, save them or retrieve something that was stolen from them. Not to avenge them.
    As you said he might have acted like this when he was 9 years old. But that was obviously portrayed as a stupid behavior by Oda and that led to character development for Luffy.

About Chouchou you are basically quoting Nami's reaction before she realized that Luffy fought to retrieve the last bag of pet food.

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    Whaaaat ?!
    Luffy goes insane against guys who hurt people he likes....to help them, save them or retrieve something that was stolen from them. Not to avenge them.

As you said he might have acted like this when he was 9 years old. But that was obviously portrayed as a stupid behavior by Oda and that led to character development for Luffy.

About Chouchou you are basically quoting Nami's reaction before she realized that Luffy fought to retrieve the last bag of pet food.
    http://kissmanga.com/Manga/One-Piece...-330?id=250769

Their plan is revenge and revenge alone here. ALso, vs Blackbeard in ID scene.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Koliber View Post
    http://kissmanga.com/Manga/One-Piece...-330?id=250769

Their plan is revenge and revenge alone here.
    They came to beat them and retrieve the 200 000 000 berries.
    Finding Usopp in this state made them angry but it is not the reason they came.

About BB vs Luffy in Impel Down. Luffy got talked out of this fight by Jinbe. So I don't see where you guys get the "Luffy is insanely vindicative" vibe.
    Last edited by RamistaR; May 7th, 2016 at 01:43 AM.

About BB vs Luffy in Impel Down. Luffy got talked out of this fight by Jinbe. So I don't see where you guys get the "Luffy is insanely vindicative" vibe.
    But still, the moment they entered the house, they wanted mainly to beat the crap out of them. And in this and the previous chapter, SH's are thinking more about what has happeaned to Usopp than about the money.

In BB scene Jinbe talk him out of this, yes. But Jinbe's reasoning wasn't that he shouldn't go for revenge, but that he has no chance and he has more important things to do now.

The point is - hurting his friends is more than enough of a reason for Luffy to fight someone, he doesn't require some continuing menace from the enemy.

EDIT:
    There's also chapter 448 in which Luffy and co. beat up already defeated enemies when they learn they (zombies) attacked weakling trio.
    Last edited by Koliber; May 7th, 2016 at 02:57 AM.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Koliber View Post
    But still, the moment they entered the house, they wanted mainly to beat the crap out of them. And in this and the previous chapter, SH's are thinking more about what has happeaned to Usopp than about the money.

In BB scene Jinbe talk him out of this, yes. But Jinbe's reasoning wasn't that he shouldn't go for revenge, but that he has no chance and he has more important things to do now.

The point is - hurting his friends is more than enough of a reason for Luffy to fight someone, he doesn't require some continuing menace from the enemy.

EDIT:
    There's also chapter 448 in which Luffy and co. beat up already defeated enemies when they learn they (zombies) attacked weakling trio.
    Well obviously our disagreement comes from our different perception of what can be considered as a vengeance.

Anyone can be violent on an impulsion. But to be haunted with the desire of revenge is a different feeling that was never associated with Luffy.

Anyone can be violent on an impulsion. But to be haunted with the desire of revenge is a different feeling that was never associated with Luffy.
    This. When Luffy gets to fight Blackbeard, it won't be to avenge Ace and whoever BB hurts or kills by the time it happens. He will fight him because he's standing in his way.

Otherwise it's going to suck for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Well obviously our disagreement comes from our different perception of what can be considered as a vengeance.

I don't think Luffy would be haunted by revenge, but even in that chapter they explicitly stated that they didn't care about the money anymore, they were just there to pulverize them. Emotions are more complex than, one emotion dictates your life. So, no, I don't think Luffy will carry a grudge for years, make it his mission to chase Blackbeard to avenge his losses. But, Luffy might decide to go after him, right after a tragic event, saying something like: "It is time to beat him and get him out of the way." And we might see Blackbeard tease him about it, which Luffy could just be: "stop talking abiut things from the past, you want to be the pirate king, so it's time I rekt you", on the other hand, Luffy might just get angrier and start attacking.

Not going to be a final boss instead it will be a three way war between the blackbeard pirates,world govt/marines and the straw hats and their alliance mebers each side will have a ancient weapon since 3 weapons.

Straw hats have possiden the mermaid princess which they have to rescue from kaido when he takes her.
    world govt/marines have uranus since they're assholes so it makes sense they would have a flying anus that drops big smelly bombs on enemy ships to sink them lol.
    Blackbeard pirates are going to follow the straw hats to raftel and steal pluton the ship that roger put there to keep it safe from people like shiki that wanted to know where the ancient weapon roger found was with the mermaid princess not being born yet and uranus being kept in the world govt's holy land makes sense he moved it to raftel which is crocodile could not find it with his sand powers.

Whaaaat ?!
    Nope. Plenty of times he does it just to give the culprit their comeuppance.
    He did the entire Davy Back Fight just to give Tonjit some justice, which he symbolically collects in the form of the Foxy jolly roger.

I used it for the very first example, and then he keeps on like that throughout the rest of the series. Oda doesn't depict that as stupid except that it was a dumb thing for a child to do. The result of it is Luffy stops talking about leaving and being a pirate and waits until he's 17 (and nominally an adult) to leave.
    Luffy's source of anger is not depicted as stupid there, because he's getting angry at someone for insulting his friend. As opposed to the anger depicted as not worth it, someone insulting you. It was dumb because he was too young for such risk taking.
    Only a few chapters later adult Luffy punches Helmeppo out in the street after overhearing that Helmeppo is lying to Zoro.

Nami's reaction has absolutely nothing to do with her thinking he was being dumb or rash lol. She's pissed off about pirates after seeing the damage Mohji caused, and when Luffy walks back over she berates him for also being a pirate. Because she's still in the stage where she hates pirates and doesn't really know Luffy yet.
    The pet food box is irrelevant, Luffy placing it down for Chouchou is just the moment where she realizes he was attacking a pirate for abusing people, thus revealing his true nature to her.
    Hell you're daft as hell if you think Luffy went to kick Mohji's ass to get surviving pet food boxes. That's just a nice gesture he did on the side of what his goal was, which was to kick Mohji's ass.
    Do you think he somehow knew that Ritchie had one last box in his jaws when he went to look for them lolll? Did Chouchou bark this information to him??
    Luffy went to carry out a bit of his sense of justice on Mohji. It's really friggin' obvious.

"Luffy had to be talked out of attacking a guy because of revenge feelings, due to pressing time issues involving his brother's life."
    -not evidence that Luffy isn't vindictive

Nobody's saying that Luffy is some revenge monster. He's a fundamentally impulsive guy who runs on emotions. He does everything big and passionate. Among other things this includes getting pissed off at assholes and wanting to punch them in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    Not going to be a final boss instead it will be a three way war between the blackbeard pirates,world govt/marines and the straw hats and their alliance mebers each side will have a ancient weapon since 3 weapons.
    Wars are things with battles in them. Not all of which happened at the same time. Often wars come down to final battles that end the conflict.

I don't think Luffy is vindictive. Does he get mad at ppl for hurting his friends... Absolutely. But if someone beat up Usopp and then went to East blue Luffy won't chase after him all the way to east blue to beat him up. Luffy got stronger to save his friends from being hurt not to just the ones who beat him. That in of itself shows that Luffy isn't vindictive.

The best example is Ace's death. Sabo and Luffy both don't care that Akainu killed Ace. Ace chose his fate. They do care when someone bad mouths their brother or threatens to hurt one another but while Luffy may want to hurt Akianu for killing his brother that his is not his soul mission in life. When I think Vindictive I think of Sasuke. The dude's soul purpose was to kill his brother. He had nothing but hatred for him. Luffy is not that way.

Closed Thread

Thread Information