View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
669. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

431 64.42%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

39 5.83%
  • The Gorosei

93 13.90%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

15 2.24%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

3 0.45%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.45%
  • Kong

2 0.30%
  • Dragon

7 1.05%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.30%
  • Other

74 11.06%
Closed Thread
Page 68 of 112 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2240

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    How? I'm not seeing how that changes anything at all.
    I was hoping that the Pacifista/Vegapunk question would be addressed, except of my brownie points(which are, how much I like the Blackbeard pirates) instead. It might not change anything at all, but as much as I agree that Luffy and Blackbeard are parts of the same coin, I was under the impression that Shanks' crew was more like Luffy's, if we are strictly counting number of main crewmates, Red Hair and Blackbeard Pirates both fill that criteria, however I have not seen the real organization that is the Red Hair pirates.

Also I thought Shanks' death would be used to push Luffy to act against the Government in the final confrontation, because usually Luffy doesn't care about the past, so I thought that for him to make a move, a more personal reason was needed beyond the Void Century. This can still be achieved through Blackbeard while Luffy is on Raftel, so he takes action against Blackbeard, but at that time Blackbeard has already an Ancient Weapon and is going towards the WG to start the multi-faction war.

I saw some people saying that if one side had two Ancient Weapons it was gg. However, we learned in Water 7 that at least there is one weapon that was made outside the 3 AC that acted as counter for an ancient weapon. Could this stem the possibility of other weapons to counteract against the 3 AC. Maybe it was just the one built in Water 7, but maybe another two were also built. Who else thinks that Franky incorporated some of schematics he burnt on Enis Lobby into the Thousand Sunny?

Also I'd rather Luffy give the hat to Shanks before his death, have a chapter called: Monkey D. Luffy vs Mugiwara Shanks, and after Luffy goes to Raftel, we get Shanks' death, Luffy comes back to meet Shanks, sees what happens, takes the hat back, to then proceed with the more common theories, that he will then leave it on his grave or Shanks' kid after the war.
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; May 3rd, 2016 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    I was hoping that the Pacifista/Vegapunk question would be addressed
    Not enough known factors, but nothing about either of them suggests they derail anything about my theory by existing. The Pacifistas I imagine would be on the WG side, or they'll be involved in a plot line before the end for some purposes.
    It might not change anything at all, but as much as I agree that Luffy and Blackbeard are parts of the same coin, I was under the impression that Shanks' crew was more like Luffy's,

Yes, except using the metaphor... the Shanks crew is on the same side of that coin as Luffy. Whereas Blackbeard is on the opposite side.
    The point of the Blackbeard/Luffy similarities is that they're like light and dark to eachother. A fitting adversarial relationship.
    Shanks doesn't offer any of that, and I don't understand why he's relevant to the discussion at all.
    if we are strictly counting number of main crewmates, Red Hair and Blackbeard Pirates both fill that criteria, however I have not seen the real organization that is the Red Hair pirates.
    When did Oda indicate there were exactly eleven main Redhair people?

Also I thought Shanks' death would
    And who are you saying kills Shanks?
    be used to push Luffy to act against the Government in the final confrontation, because usually Luffy doesn't care about the past, so I thought that for him to make a move, a more personal reason was needed beyond the Void Century.
    For starters I seriously doubt anyone will suddenly decide to attack the WG based off the true history. People always parrot this talking point, and I might be the first one to make it, but I wish it would die because none of us (past me included) really thought it much through I guess.
    Because finding out the near mythical millennium old origins of a government are built on lies and nasty deeds...sucks but it doesn't really matter.
    If you're going to attack that government it's going to be based on things they still do that are bad. And those things by now are extremely self-evident.
    So in essence I'm saying the chaos unleashed by the True History revelations are going to be more complex than just "The WG did a bad 900 years ago".
    Luffy's motives for doing whatever exactly he ends up doing are going to be interesting and I can't really guess at them. It's funny how such a simple person is almost the most unpredictable.
    This can still be achieved through Blackbeard while Luffy is on Raftel, so he takes action against Blackbeard, but at that time Blackbeard has already an Ancient Weapon and is going towards the WG to start the multi-faction war.
    You think Blackbeard will begin the chaos? I definitely think that's a strong possibility. After all if anything the dark side of the ancient secrets ought to be flaunted first.
    I saw some people saying that if one side had two Ancient Weapons it was gg. However, we learned in Water 7 that at least there is one weapon that was made outside the 3 AC that acted as counter for an ancient weapon. Could this stem the possibility of other weapons to counteract against the 3 AC.

Um no we didn't. You're thinking of the blueprints for Pluton. The line of shipwrights Tom belonged to were passing them down secretly, so that if the original Pluton was awakened they could build another one to fight against the original. It didn't sound like the shipwrights were aware of Uranus or Neptune. But Franky memorizing the blueprints will probably end up having importance naturally.

Not enough known factors, but nothing about either of them suggests they derail anything about my theory by existing.
    I wasn't trying to go against your theory, like I mentioned before I agree with it almost completely, and where I don't, it is based upon my selfish desires, I was just thinking that once the civil war started by Akainu, then the WG would probably use the Pacifista as their main force.

Yes, except using the metaphor... the Shanks crew is on the same side of that coin as Luffy. Whereas Blackbeard is on the opposite side.
    The point of the Blackbeard/Luffy similarities is that they're like light and dark to eachother. A fitting adversarial relationship.
    Shanks doesn't offer any of that, and I don't understand why he's relevant to the discussion at all.
    I guess I'm bringing him up, because from what I read (I might have misinterpreted) some people think that him and Luffy won't meet. So I'm thinking that at least he will serve a mentor role for the final part of the story. But the more I think about it, unless he gets severly weakened (losing another arm), having the possibility of him being in the last war would tip the favor for the good guys greatly. Does anyone think that the Oro Jackson and the remanants of the Roger pirates will show up?

When did Oda indicate there were exactly eleven main Redhair people?
    From the picture we saw in the Summit war when they stop the war. I count 9 (including Shanks) on screen and 1 that we can only see his collar. I'll add Rockstar as the +1 we need.

And who are you saying kills Shanks?
    80% Blackbeard, 20% the World goverment unleashes an Ancient Weapon against Red Hair pirates.

For starters I seriously doubt anyone will suddenly decide to attack the WG based off the true history. People always parrot this talking point, and I might be the first one to make it, but I wish it would die because none of us (past me included) really thought it much through I guess.
    Because finding out the near mythical millennium old origins of a government are built on lies and nasty deeds...sucks but it doesn't really matter.
    If you're going to attack that government it's going to be based on things they still do that are bad. And those things by now are extremely self-evident.
    So in essence I'm saying the chaos unleashed by the True History revelations are going to be more complex than just "The WG did a bad 900 years ago".
    Luffy's motives for doing whatever exactly he ends up doing are going to be interesting and I can't really guess at them. It's funny how such a simple person is almost the most unpredictable.

I agree, if anything could there be a possibility that the Ancient Kingdom was destroyed but they managed to push back the World Governments big plan? So when they discover the Void Century they discover they will try to re-do what initially started the war against the pre-World Goverment and the Ancient Kingdom. Or like mentioned, it is more gray, and the Evil D. faction tried to stir some chaos, and the WG alliance decided to kill the entire kingdom regardless if the blame could be targeted on the evil D. faction.

Um no we didn't. You're thinking of the blueprints for Pluton. The line of shipwrights Tom belonged to were passing them down secretly, so that if the original Pluton was awakened they could build another one to fight against the original. It didn't sound like the shipwrights were aware of Uranus or Neptune. But Franky memorizing the blueprints will probably end up having importance naturally.
    Thanks, the more I discuss things here, the more I realize that the translation I read weren't as ideal as I wanted. One of the reasons I want to get the volumes in Japanese. To put things clearer: There are 3 Ancient Weapons: Pluton, Uranus and Poseidon. The shipwrights on Water 7 passed down the blueprints for Pluton, not a forth new weapon.

Oh yes, speaking of not as ideal translations, Pluton was described as some type of rock in the official German version when Croc mentioned it.

I thought everyone knew through foreshadowing the black beard was gonna be the one to kill shanks, where did you come up with the world government would kill shanks?
    Last edited by choperman; May 5th, 2016 at 08:16 AM.

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Gold Roger will be the final villain! You heard it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    Gold Roger will be the final villain! You heard it here first!
    He's dead .

He's dead .
    Barring some sort of curse

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    I thought everyone knew through foreshadowing the black beard was gonna be the one to kill shanks, where did you come up with the world government would kill ace?
    http://kissmanga.com/Manga/One-Piece...3?id=258050#14

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Barring some sort of curse
    Does he have tentacles on his face?

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/One-Piece...3?id=258050#14

I meant shanks not ace

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    I meant shanks not ace
    I figured it was a mistake, but considering some stuff people say, I was just making sure. :3, I also had answered the question on my previous post, but I will elaborate. We don't know what will trigger the last war. The discovery of the Void century alone will not mobilize the strawhats, Luffy usually acts on personal reasons and not on history, therefore Shanks' death is the most popular one to cause Luffy to react. The only foreshadowing that we have is that the Blackbeard pirates and the Red Hair pirates will both clash, talks about Shanks death is mostly us readers assuming the conclusion that will have the biggest effect on Luffy. For all we know, Shanks could just he severly beaten up by BB, shown to us by having him lose another limb, or eyes. And we don't even know when will these things happen, we have an educated guess that it will be closer to the series finale. Random made up scenario incoming:

What if: Shanks is in possession or knows the whereabouts of Uranus, and it could be closely related to the egg on Roger's ship. As we approach towards Raftel, Luffy meets Shanks or the remnant of his crew after the clash with Blackbeard, they lost and now BB is on route towards the last ancient weapon, so Luffy has to choose between chasing Blackbeard or going to Raftel, he chooses the latter and during that time, the Government unleashes the ancient weapon they have against the remaining Red Hairs or Shanks if he is alive, and wipes them off. Luffy launches an attack on the World Government, and then Blackbeard shows up, looking to overthrow the government and claim the title of pirate king from Luffy. Robin as the last remnant of Ohara release the information about the void century to the world and that's how it becomes a world war.[/fanfic]

I was just thinking skeleton with a mustasche.

But why not some seaweed and tentacles and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I was just thinking skeleton with a mustasche.
    Afro Brooke's long lost brother, Mustache Roger. I dig.

Actually I think the final fight before the OnePiece will be Luffy vs Law vs Kidd. Though, the last fight of the manha will probably be against the gorosei and the world.
    Or maybe the 5 guys from Gorosei will move their asses and go against Luffy and cie. in the NW.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Freecs View Post
    Actually I think the final fight before the OnePiece will be Luffy vs Law vs Kidd. Though, the last fight of the manha will probably be against the gorosei and the world.
    Or maybe the 5 guys from Gorosei will move their asses and go against Luffy and cie. in the NW.
    Actually though the final villain is Blackbeard.

Actually though the final villain is Blackbeard.
    So there's still individuals who believe Blackbeard isn't the final villain?
    I'm sorry Monkey King, that you have to go through headaches like this.
    Hereís how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what heís doing. Luffy replies ďThinkiní bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!Ē and then chucks it off the ship

After a certain series, I'm convinced all final villains will be a rabbit, godlike creature. We have seen one particular rabbit take down Luffy with a single bite, which Oda is setting up to show how far Luffy has to go in terms of power. Therefore once Luffy wins the war and takes down the WG and Black Beard, he must travel to the moon to fight this rabbit. There, Luffy will take on Carrots true form, with the help of Enel, because he's a cool guy.

Why so arrogant ?
    You could just ignore me, and talk via PM how naive is the guy who just posted on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    After a certain series, I'm convinced all final villains will be a rabbit, godlike creature. We have seen one particular rabbit take down Luffy with a single bite, which Oda is setting up to show how far Luffy has to go in terms of power. Therefore once Luffy wins the war and takes down the WG and Black Beard, he must travel to the moon to fight this rabbit. There, Luffy will take on Carrots true form, with the help of Enel, because he's a cool guy.
    I completely disagree here. The rabbit goddess has to appear without any foreshadowing at all. Therefore I think the final boss will be a random rabbit goddess completely unrelated to Carrot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    I completely disagree here. The rabbit goddess has to appear without any foreshadowing at all. Therefore I think the final boss will be a random rabbit goddess completely unrelated to Carrot.
    Only thing is Oda foreshadows, so it has to be an already introduced character. That or Chopper had a strange sibling named Chappie, who is part reindeer part rabbit who made it to the moon somehow. I mean we had snow rabbits and reindeer in the same arc, so it's totally not farfetched.

Closed Thread

Thread Information