View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
669. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

431 64.42%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

39 5.83%
  • The Gorosei

93 13.90%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

15 2.24%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

3 0.45%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.45%
  • Kong

2 0.30%
  • Dragon

7 1.05%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.30%
  • Other

74 11.06%
Closed Thread
Page 39 of 112 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    I really can't understand why a Blackbeard avatar would indicate poor taste/idiocy.
    Nothing about the character.

Just the history of various awful posters that have used him as an avatar.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Oh OH! What does my avatar say about ME?!

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Not really. I just see a lot of people presuming they know what's going to happen on both side, yourself and myself included.
    All theories are not created equal.
    He doesn't. Just like some people don't care about what you or I think. The point is, would the average reader consider the person who found OP to be the PK? I think so. And if that's the case, Luffy would have to be considered the PK by making it to Raftel and finding OP. If he's the PK, then that kinda prevents BB from claiming that title, which is part of his goal.
    Why does the unscrupulous villain care what the honorable assumption of the readers is?
    Also please refer to Luffy's definition of the Pirate King, does that match the readers? The "one who is most free"?
    A lot of speculation on your part, but it's likely. Oda said OP is a thing,
    Oda said OP was a physical thing, he was shooting down the horrible theories involving it being a moral or some shit. He wasn't saying it was a singular object.
    The completed Ancient History is on Raftel, and is almost definitely involved with the One Piece. Roger helped assemble it, Rayleigh confirmed it. Whitebeard confirmed further that the discovery of the treasure itself would invoke the chaos, so that confirms it's not just the treasure sitting next to the true history, the two are intertwined.
    None of that is theory.
    so it may actually be something he can take out of his hand. Still, it would make more sense for them to fight over the right to possess it than BB trying to take it from him. Yes, it's in his character to do something like that, but from a storytelling perspective, he would have already loss by having Luffy find and acquire OP first. Where's the tension there?
    From a storytelling perspective Blackbeard has been obscenely built up as a guy who doesn't play by the rules, and villains pulling slights of hand to gain advantages they don't deserve are common.
    Do you want me to concoct a montage of scenes from stuff like Raiders of the Lost Ark, Kirby Superstar, and Aladdin?

I made no mention of any ancient secrets because we're probably not even halfway through finding out where it's heading, so I can't speak to this.
    We know there are dark sides to the ancient secrets, and yet you and every single anti-BB person chooses to ignore this or has forgotten it. Ironic considering we've been aware of this since since the very first scenes involving the ancient secrets back in Alabasta.
    You all just put your fingers in your ears and sing songs about how the ancient secrets are a bunch of rainbows and sunshine that reveal the WG to strictly be mean old assholes.
    You guys have this conflict in your heads of "BAD MEN PUT HAPPY IN BOX, TAKE HAPPY OUT OF BOX, ????, ATTACK BAD MEN BECAUSE THEY STOLE HAPPY?".
    This is satisfying to you? I mean aside from it not fitting the facts we know in the story.
    They haven't been, but if you believe that they're just going to give up their power, go quietly into the night, and disappear, then I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.
    Hey I got something for you to do.
    Find a single post in this and the last thread from BB posters saying that they don't think the WG will be involved in the final war, let alone toppled.
    Just one please.
    Then the final showdown would likely be the SHs/allies vs the Admirals/allies that has to happen at some point and it makes more sense for it to be after they've beaten BB and crew.
    Who is using the ancient weapons that the Gorosei are trying desperately to lock away for all time? The dangerous sides of the secrets? How do you account for them?
    I meant individual conflicts. I don't think that was hard to interpret. Right now, there are no real conflicts between the SHs and the BB crew except Luffy/BB. That will change over time, but it could also work that way between the SHs and certain marines/WG members.
    The Marine conflicts are already being built by Oda. In fact he's been building them since volume 1.
    That is...Marine vs Marine.
    That's the Marine plot. So Smoker, Coby, Aokiji, Tashigi and all those people who have been built up as opposites to Onigumo, Kizaru, Akainu etc. What about them?
    My point was, how could he be the last villain if the finding of OP is what starts the final war?
    You really haven't read anyone's theories have you.
    The only way possible is if he finds out about it and goes after Luffy and the SHs at the same time as the WG.
    Or maybe reviving the ancient secrets is dangerous among other things and allows dangerous people to gain dangerous powers to further their dangerous ambitions. Raising up earth shattering conflicts that see all the brewing conflicts explode at once with Blackbeard rampaging atop it all.
    Seeing the collapse of the old order (World Government) and a fight for the new era (Luffy vs Blackbeard).
    It's possible I guess, but like I said, at that point, he's already loss by having someone else find OP. Besides, how would he even know what OP was if Luffy finds it without him around?
    Blackbeard doesn't give a shit about underhanded means, this has been proven time and time and time over again. In fact he already took a semi-passive route to topple Whitebeard and gain more powers....and another semi-passive route to obtain his devil fruit...
    Allowing the SH's to figure out how to access Raftel and follow them in would be extremely fitting for them.

Oh and stop talking about PK when Luffy's own description of it doesn't fit yours, and nothing suggests BB's does either.
    I don't usually go into stuff about the ancient history because at this point, there isn't a whole lot to go on. Just bits and pieces, but nothing even close to something that could be considered accurate.
    This vast misconception explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Nothing about the character.

Just the history of various awful posters that have used him as an avatar.
    Care to drop names? You can't see people's avatars when they're banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Blackbeard doesn't give a shit about underhanded means, this has been proven time and time and time over again. In fact he already took a semi-passive route to topple Whitebeard and gain more powers....and another semi-passive route to obtain his devil fruit...
    Allowing the SH's to figure out how to access Raftel and follow them in would be extremely fitting for them.

Oh and stop talking about PK when Luffy's own description of it doesn't fit yours, and nothing suggests BB's does either.

This vast misconception explains a lot.
    Dude. I'm not going to get into a big back and forth with you because you apparently have way more time on your hands than I do by responding to every sentence I (and every other person with a different opinion) state. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours. At this point, I just don't see how the SHs go to Raftel, find OP, and then leave without a single confrontation. They'd basically just be walking in, finding the treasure the whole world is after, and leaving. I think there will be a fight over it on Raftel because 1) BB immediately fails in his goal to find it while Luffy succeeds, 2) I don't see how BB would even know that Luffy/SHs made it to Raftel, and 3) I don't see how he would even know what OP was if he wasn't there to see it. How would he know what to look for? These plus the fact that I think the top SHs (Luffy/Zoro/Sanji/Jinbei?) will eventually take on the admirals during the final war (the seeds for Luffy/Akainu and Zoro/Fujitora have already been laid) tells me that they will take place at the end of the story. The SHs will prove that they're all at the top of their game and the strongest they will be (like with Shanks and WBs crew) by taking them on. Taking out BB and crew wouldn't do that at all. Anyway, my opinion is my opinion and yours and yours. We'll see who's right in about 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Dude. I'm not going to get into a big back and forth with you because you apparently have way more time on your hands than I do by responding to every sentence I (and every other person with a different opinion) state. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours. At this point, I just don't see how the SHs go to Raftel, find OP, and then leave without a single confrontation. They'd basically just be walking in, finding the treasure the whole world is after, and leaving. I think there will be a fight over it on Raftel because 1) BB immediately fails in his goal to find it while Luffy succeeds, 2) I don't see how BB would even know that Luffy/SHs made it to Raftel, and 3) I don't see how he would even know what OP was if he wasn't there to see it. How would he know what to look for? These plus the fact that I think the top SHs (Luffy/Zoro/Sanji/Jinbei?) will eventually take on the admirals during the final war (the seeds for Luffy/Akainu and Zoro/Fujitora have already been laid) tells me that they will take place at the end of the story. The SHs will prove that they're all at the top of their game and the strongest they will be (like with Shanks and WBs crew) by taking them on. Taking out BB and crew wouldn't do that at all. Anyway, my opinion is my opinion and yours and yours. We'll see who's right in about 10 years.
    Think you are under the wrong impression the World Government are rational actors. They are unlikely to instigate this war that engulfs the world and the straw hats are obviously not going to. So think Blackbeard is the obvious choice to be that trigger.

The conflict you seem to be describing before Raftel/One Piece is found sounds more along the lines, what Luffy's other rivals such as Kid and Law are for. Not Blackbeard, it's obvious Oda has something much more grand planned for him before he gets defeated.

I think either The gorosei or Dragon, gorosei since the control the world....but Dragon also because I believe him and luffy have conflicting motives

Quote Originally Posted by qtipb View Post
    I think either The gorosei or Dragon, gorosei since the control the world....but Dragon also because I believe him and luffy have conflicting motives
    Dragon? No way more than a minor conflict will occur between him and Luffy. The way I see it a big conflict would be to messy for the story because the revolutionaries is full of people that the strawhats wouldn't want to fight due to them being family and close friends. Pretty much every named revolutionary is close to some member or future member of the strawhats.

Gorosei the ones obsessed with keeping the world in balance is also a very poor candidate to start the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Dragon? No way more than a minor conflict will occur between him and Luffy. The way I see it a big conflict would be to messy for the story because the revolutionaries is full of people that the strawhats wouldn't want to fight due to them being family and close friends. Pretty much every named revolutionary is close to some member or future member of the strawhats.

Gorosei the ones obsessed with keeping the world in balance is also a very poor candidate to start the war.
    Just because Gorosei are obsessed with world balance, doesn't mean it's their end game goal.

I think it's more like keeping things balanced until they are ready to take over the entire world. It's been a goal they worked towards for centuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Just because Gorosei are obsessed with world balance, doesn't mean it's their end game goal.

I think it's more like keeping things balanced until they are ready to take over the entire world. It's been a goal they worked towards for centuries.
    Guess they could be waiting for the right moment to tip the scales in their favor but considering the timeframe were talking it just seems.. unlikely. The current balance of powers is relatively new afterall. Basically would need to be explained why they didn't do anything over centuries and certainly during Roger's time when the treasure was previously found. It would make them sound quite incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Guess they could be waiting for the right moment to tip the scales in their favor but considering the timeframe were talking it just seems.. unlikely. The current balance of powers is relatively new afterall. Basically would need to be explained why they didn't do anything over centuries and certainly during Roger's time when the treasure was previously found. It would make them sound quite incompetent.
    All it takes is getting one ancient weapon.

And by series end we're likely going to see all three in action.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

And by series end we're likely going to see all three in action.
    Yeah I agree we will see all the ancient weapons play out at series end. Just arguing that Blackbeard is the one that will set things in motion.

Gorosei as final villain would make for an interesting ending. Just need to find five strong pirates to fight against.

Their reaction with the Oharans was "Nuke them" not "Bring in a few for questioning and nuke the rest". We know what Spandam hoped to do with Robin, not what people who matter planed to do with her.

The risk was affordable, move the oharans to a random calm belt island for the pleasure of having one of them decode the glyphs for the WG, and them nuke them.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

At last the government that controls the vast majority of the world will control slightly more of the world! The nefarious plot revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    At last the government that controls the vast majority of the world will control slightly more of the world! The nefarious plot revealed!
    I wouldn't rule that idea out at all, I mean we don't really know much about them to begging with besides the obvious "lets keep the balance intact" crap, will they have this mentality forever?

They've been pretty obviously characterized as a bunch of Metternich's sitting around clamping people in iron because they genuinely fear chaos.
    That's the whole point of their role. That in of itself is interesting.

The idea that they are power hungry for more is kind of retarded since they already have insane levels of power. And the only way Oda has ever characterized the islands outside WG control are as backwater hicklands of no significant number. And the only government attitude toward them shown has been "We don't give a shit if pirates attack them, not our problem, go wild Shichibukai."

If you don't know who Metternich is and what the comparison signifies just read this part.

It's interesting that there's apparently an island composed of nothing but Celestial Dragon victims/former slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixBoosh View Post
    Gorosei as final villain would make for an interesting ending. Just need to find five strong pirates to fight against.
    So you've defeated our vast organization, but can you defeat our kung fu?

Let finish this! *Cue a bunch of old dudes naruto running around*

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    So you've defeated our vast organization, but can you defeat our kung fu?

Let finish this! *Cue a bunch of old dudes naruto running around*
    I would actually love to see that lol

Oda portraying the Gorosei as comedic villains would be great.

Closed Thread

Thread Information