View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
669. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

431 64.42%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

39 5.83%
  • The Gorosei

93 13.90%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

15 2.24%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

3 0.45%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.45%
  • Kong

2 0.30%
  • Dragon

7 1.05%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.30%
  • Other

74 11.06%
Closed Thread
Page 27 of 112 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSazz View Post
    How so ? Why not Nami against Laffite ? Original crew vs original crew. That'd be a strange fight, though, Brook vs Laffite would probably make more sense.
    Because Nami is the Cat Burglar and Pizzaro has a huge cat motif, but it's just kind of a wish. Lafitte makes sense too.
    Last edited by andre; November 4th, 2014 at 01:06 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Question: What people find appealing about Blackbeard's crew? Other then their association with Blackbeard?

They've been rather disappointing to me (though, perhaps, my expectations were too high).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Question: What people find appealing about Blackbeard's crew? Other then their association with Blackbeard?

They've been rather disappointing to me (though, perhaps, my expectations were too high).
    Why have they been disappointing to you? Because we haven't seen much of them? Or because the little we've seen, they haven't done anything praise-worthy?

I personally don't see them as threatening, but I'm assuming they are powerful and I'm hoping they will have unique traits/abilities if the Strawhats end up fighting them in one-on-one match ups.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

Quote Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
    Why have they been disappointing to you? Because we haven't seen much of them? Or because the little we've seen, they haven't done anything praise-worthy?

I personally don't see them as threatening, but I'm assuming they are powerful and I'm hoping they will have unique traits/abilities if the Strawhats end up fighting them in one-on-one match ups.
    Because they'vehad little panel time, during which they seem like rather one dimensional characters without much depth in either personalities or figting styles.

Which would've been fine if they were threatning. They are not. Which is the second saddest thing to me in this manga.

Augur was the only one I could take at Jaya and the only one I considered showed some skill. I like Lafitte design and demeanor. And the 4 being from the level 6 gave them some interest in my eyes(and they didn't do anything to shatter that interest yet. I still can't take blackbeard, Doc and Burguess seriously. Shiliew is without interest.

Because they'vehad little panel time, during which they seem like rather one dimensional characters without much depth in either personalities or figting styles.

Which would've been fine if they were threatning. They are not. Which is the second saddest thing to me in this manga.
    I see, that may be true, but don't you think it's a bit unfair to judge them right now? I mean, don't get me wrong, I actually agree with what you said; but, as you also said, they've had little panel time, and while yes, they've been disappointing until now, I'm still assuming/hoping that they will be developed in the future, both in terms of personality and fighting style.

It would be incredibly lame if this Yonko crew wasn't even all that dangerous. That's probably why they're trying to steal powerful devil fruits, yes?
    Spoiler:

I see, that may be true, but don't you think it's a bit unfair to judge them right now? I mean, don't get me wrong, I actually agree with what you said; but, as you also said, they've had little panel time, and while yes, they've been disappointing until now, I'm still assuming/hoping that they will be developed in the future, both in terms of personality and fighting style.

It would be incredibly lame if this Yonko crew wasn't even all that dangerous. That's probably why they're trying to steal powerful devil fruits, yes?
    Hope is the first step upon the road to disappointment.

We've had similar conversation on the board before: I don't believe Oda is willing to spend much time without Straw Hats to actually develop them.

After what Oda did to Burgess this arc, I don't want to even start hoping for anything good when it comes to Blackbeard crew.

Psst

Psst

It's because they're not marines

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Back to miss crocodile, there was any hint on Alabasta of him being a she?
    Women don't trust women, Croco never trusted Robin, #IlluminattiConfirmed

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Everybody point and laugh at this miserable post.
    I actually did, looool

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    I have a prediction that celestial dragons represent the final enemy. Once Luffy finds the one piece, he will know the truth about the ancient kingdom and that will make all Ds unite. Final battle: Ds vs Celestial Dragons.
    I can't wait to see Luffy and Blackbeard team up to vanquish a bunch of spoiled adult infants in diving suits.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

You're expectations are grizzled fascists rather than vaguely whimiscal weirdos.

Not so much a One Piece fan as a Triumph of the Will fan I guess.

Oh look, Cyan D. Funk and Monkey King posting directly after me.

You know, I still have both of you on Ignore List, but I will make an educated guess towards your eristics.

You dislike A because A is not part of the Marines, or some allusion to Nazism/Fascism.

Did I hit the mark? You two are a broken record, so I really hope I did.

I love it when people complain about how a character was or wasn't used in an arc before the arc is even over.

Like Usopp vs. Sugar.

People were so upset that Usopp didn't snipe her from across the room. Because Oda intended for Usopp to snipe her from across the island instead.

You two are a broken record
    So are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Psst

Psst

It's because they're not marines
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    You're expectations are grizzled fascists rather than vaguely whimiscal weirdos.

Not so much a One Piece fan as a Triumph of the Will fan I guess.
    Quoting for Darth's benefit, since he can't block me.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I love it when people complain about how a character was or wasn't used in an arc before the arc is even over.

Like Usopp vs. Sugar.

People were so upset that Usopp didn't snipe her from across the room. Because Oda intended for Usopp to snipe her from across the island instead.
    May I ask you a question?

Does the fact that a character gets a great scene later on justifies a worse scene earlier on?

May I ask you a question?

Does the fact that a character gets a great scene later on justifies a worse scene earlier on?
    Depends on the intent of the scene.

And yes.

Anything this long running is going to have highs and lows. When we don't know exactly what Oda has planned or the payoff is, its weird to call out the early sneaky touches. He drops foreshadowing and setup all the time thats obvious in hindsight, but is hidden when first seen. He does it all the time. For example, Shirahoshi's stupid dancing brothers.

*After* an arc is over, its a bit more fair to have issues then about dropped points, like Moria's General zombies that were just stomped by Oars.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Depends on the intent of the scene.

And yes.

Anything this long running is going to have highs and lows. When we don't know exactly what Oda has planned or the payoff is, its weird to call out the early sneaky touches. He drops foreshadowing and setup all the time thats obvious in hindsight, but is hidden when first seen. He does it all the time. For example, Shirahoshi's stupid dancing brothers.

*After* an arc is over, its a bit more fair to have issues then about dropped points, like Moria's General zombies that were just stomped by Oars.
    Then we would have to disagree with that one. Nothing wrong with that.

And besides, as I said before, this is a win-win situation. If I am right, not only I was right, I am not disappointed.

And if you are right, then I get some awesome scenes.

For the record though, I don't trust Oda to deliver.

You haven't seen anything about them yet and you already found a problem with them.

Jesus was fighting Sabo so no point in going ham over it.

Yeah Burgess might have lost the Mera Mera, but he was up against magnificent Sabo who obviously had to be portrayed as a flawless badass on his first appearance... and Burgess didn't even lose, Sabo just took advantage of the confusion to get the fruit. Even if admittedly it wasn't the wisest choice on Oda's part I believe, since Burgess was supposed to get hype too, it was the first appearance of the BB crew after the timeskip. But then again, until the story arc is finished is too early to judge.

If it turns out Burgess was there for something else entirely, an accomplished that goal just fine... and the fruit was just a side thing he tried for while he was there, then that works .

Not to mention he demolished all of A block in seconds... and we have to assume that group had guys similarly strong to the other groups.

Oh look, Cyan D. Funk and Monkey King posting directly after me.

You know, I still have both of you on Ignore List, but I will make an educated guess towards your eristics.

You dislike A because A is not part of the Marines, or some allusion to Nazism/Fascism.

Did I hit the mark? You two are a broken record, so I really hope I did.
    *Akainu looms out of the fiery landscape, a worthless mark of "damage" vanishing in his torso*
    *he chomps on a cigar with a fierce look in his eye*

"You're on my ignore list."

Closed Thread

Thread Information