Closed Thread
Page 358 of 505 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 356 357 358 359 360 368 408 458 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,160 of 10084

Thread: My Hero Academia - Gomu Gomu no Gentle Fist

Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

Quote Originally Posted by Baldulf View Post
    I would have enjoyed more the chapter if the blade guy's power had not been almost identical to Moonfish's.

I thought there would be some explanation for that, but guess not.
    He creates small blades from his skin.

Boost that, and you get bigger blades from his skin. Sounds simple enough.
    Last edited by King Cannon; April 6th, 2017 at 06:52 AM.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

I'm wondering now if we might see increased police involvement in this arc, now that a Quirk erasing drug is becoming openly known. They train to deal with crises without using their quirks, which gives them an advantage over heroes except when dealing with villain level threats.

I also noted that one of the officers referred to a Quirk Eraser like it wasn't something new. So in universe there may be precedent for this.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    I also noted that one of the officers referred to a Quirk Eraser like it wasn't something new.
    Not an officer.
    Suneater is wondering if one of the gang's illegal "products" did that to him, hypothetically.

I thought one of the cops specifically mentioned it.

Either way, it is a known concept since we have Eraser Head, but it was still presented as of it wasn't that uncommon a Thing.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

Nope. The cop says "illegal drugs and black market items."

I'll have to look again then. In the jamini's Box translation someone specifically said the phrase "quirk eraser" and I know it wasn't Amajiki.

Waldorf:

*checks*

That was Fat Gum who said that line. And what he actually says is "Is Eraser around?" (referring to Aizawa). "i-re-sa-" isn't a standard enough loanword to be used that way.

Ah, okay then. I retract my point on the quirk eraser thing

Waldorf:

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    That last page, that was freaking beast. I liked Kirishima trying to stay calm and be rational with the villain at first, it was a nice touch to show how showing kindness can be one way to win the day. Then him overcoming his perceived lack of weakness was a nice little addition to the chapter, which had me grinning at that last page with his design.
    Same. Although I would have preferred something a bit more dynamic than just literally becoming harder. There are more creative ways to complement brute strength besides just having a stronger version of an attack. That's just me though. I still appreciate Kirishima getting a whole epic chapter to himself like this akin to Kaminari in the License Exam. He always felt somewhat bland compared to the other main recurring students for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldulf View Post
    I would have enjoyed more the chapter if the blade guy's power had not been almost identical to Moonfish's.

I thought there would be some explanation for that, but guess not.
    I thought the exact same thing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    He creates small blades from his skin.

Boost that, and you get bigger blades from his skin. Sounds simple enough.
    Balduf's talking about how its function and design looks exactly like Moonfish's Quirk. It just originates from the skin rather than teeth. I don't really mind it since Moonfish is out of the game and neither of these guys are major characters, but it's still noticeably redundant (not that people can't have similar Quirks, but I still prefer seeing variation unless there is legitimate merit in similar Quirks like plot drama or gags like Kirishima and Tetsutetsu's rivalry).

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

All I could think of at the end of this chapter was the Metapod episode of Pokemon.

Now we just need Rikido Sato to swing Kirishima around like a club.

Okay someone please change the title of this thread now to the obvious JoJo reference.

I enjoyed this. Simple but well done.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Trigger is still on the market. What the hell Illegals? Thought you were on top of it. Hope we get an Illegals cameo one day.

Kirishima reminds me of The Flash. A hero who shows compassion to villains. That hulk mode was awesome. Even better, we'll see Tetsutetsu power up too. If Kirishima can do it so can he, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Same. Although I would have preferred something a bit more dynamic than just literally becoming harder. There are more creative ways to complement brute strength besides just having a stronger version of an attack. That's just me though. I still appreciate Kirishima getting a whole epic chapter to himself like this akin to Kaminari in the License Exam. He always felt somewhat bland compared to the other main recurring students for me.
    Agreed but I also look at it as a stepping stone to even better moves. He beat that guy only standing still. I wanna see what he can do while moving.

NNID: jervinnectar

Default Re: My Hero Academia - Diamond is Unbreakable

My Hero Academia - 「Red Riot」 is Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Trigger is still on the market. What the hell Illegals? Thought you were on top of it. Hope we get an Illegals cameo one day.

Kirishima reminds me of The Flash. A hero who shows compassion to villains. That hulk mode was awesome. Even better, we'll see Tetsutetsu power up too. If Kirishima can do it so can he, hopefully.

Agreed but I also look at it as a stepping stone to even better moves. He beat that guy only standing still. I wanna see what he can do while moving.
    True. Although I really can't imagine him being more than an amateur Thing or Juggernaut busting through walls.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I need to see Red Riot dressed as the Kool-Aid man busting through walls lol.

Forgot to give props to Bakugou for giving Kirishima advice without being an ass.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Forgot to give props to Bakugou for giving Kirishima advice without being an ass.
    That was certainly a nice moment. Actually, what I like the most about it is how All-Might is able to serve as inspiration to other students besides just Deku and Bakugou.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Balduf's talking about how its function and design looks exactly like Moonfish's Quirk. It just originates from the skin rather than teeth. I don't really mind it since Moonfish is out of the game and neither of these guys are major characters, but it's still noticeably redundant (not that people can't have similar Quirks, but I still prefer seeing variation unless there is legitimate merit in similar Quirks like plot drama or gags like Kirishima and Tetsutetsu's rivalry).
    Well, it's not the same Quirk, for starters. It just became similar to Moonfish because of the drug.

I know the series has 3 different, unrelated water users, and at least 4 or 5 giant-size users.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Well, it's not he same Quirk, for starters. It just became similar to Moonfish because of the drug.

I know the series has 3 different water users, and at least 4 or 5 giant-size users.
    Except that it's the exact same in how it looks and operates. So it might as well be the same Quirk. Sort of like how Muscular has super-strength like Deku, but at least has a different design for his Quirk.

I'm pretty sure all of the water Quirks have various specialties and execution. Two of the giant users were fodder enemies in this series and Vigilante. Which is why I also pardon this Quirk highly resembling Moonfish since this skin box cutter guy is also a mook. But if these were major characters though, then I would have a problem unless the similarity purposefully plays a role in the story.

Spoiler:

Could go for a running gag kirishima running into people with quirks similar to stuff they've encountered already

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Waldorf:

Closed Thread

Thread Information