Closed Thread
Page 343 of 505 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 443 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 10084

Thread: My Hero Academia - Gomu Gomu no Gentle Fist

  1. #6841
    Undercover Shipwright Zeorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Top Secret

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Am I the only one who finds it a little interesting that we have just had 2 similar powers introduced in that both of these people can not be touched.

    Mirio: just phases through everything. Good guy, he doesn't get hurt and the person trying to touch him is also fine.

    Overhaul: if you touch any part of his skin a violent and bloody explosion occurs destroying the threat. The explosion might possibly due some damage to Overhaul himself as he ducked and took cover when attacking Magne. Also wonder about the extent of Overhaul's explosions. Skin to skin contact blew Magne's upper half apart but glove to skin contact only took off Compress' arm?

  2. #6842
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it a little interesting that we have just had 2 similar powers introduced in that both of these people can not be touched.

    Mirio: just phases through everything. Good guy, he doesn't get hurt and the person trying to touch him is also fine.

    Overhaul: if you touch any part of his skin a violent and bloody explosion occurs destroying the threat. The explosion might possibly due some damage to Overhaul himself as he ducked and took cover when attacking Magne. Also wonder about the extent of Overhaul's explosions. Skin to skin contact blew Magne's upper half apart but glove to skin contact only took off Compress' arm?
    You found Mirio and Overhaul similar, but not Overhaul and Shigaraki both apparently promoting death by skin contact?

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  3. #6843

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    You found Mirio and Overhaul similar, but not Overhaul and Shigaraki both apparently promoting death by skin contact?
    I think what he is noting is that they were both just introduced in the story.

  4. #6844
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by Kondo View Post
    I think what he is noting is that they were both just introduced in the story.
    I know. It's just that I think comparing Mirio to Overhaul's a bit of a stretch even in that type of context.

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  5. #6845

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Isn't the point of All Might being around was to deter crime? Makes sense we didn't have much hero death up to this point. But, even now I think Horikoshi is keeping hero death card close to his chest. I'd place my bets on Sir, that wood hero or any hero b-character not affiliated with UA dying first.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  6. #6846
    Undercover Shipwright Zeorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Top Secret

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    You found Mirio and Overhaul similar, but not Overhaul and Shigaraki both apparently promoting death by skin contact?
    Well that was obvious, Overhaul touch of death directly followed by Shigaraki's touch of death. No need for comparison there.

    I was just interested in the fact that 2 new characters have somewhat similar powers in that neither can be touched, yet Good = neither side hurt, Evil = possibly both sides hurt. I'll take it a step further this time, we know Mirio had to undergo a lot of training and experience to turn his quirk into an amazing ability.

    What about Overhaul's quirk? It seems like he can't control it (turn it off). He wears gloves on his hands. He yelled at Compress to not touch him yet look what happened. What kind of backstory could he have with such a devastating quirk. Anyone that touches him could die. His parent's might have died when his quirk manifested for the first time. How could he aspire to Good and try saving people with a quirk like that.

  7. #6847
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    Well that was obvious, Overhaul touch of death directly followed by Shigaraki's touch of death. No need for comparison there.

    I was just interested in the fact that 2 new characters have somewhat similar powers in that neither can be touched, yet Good = neither side hurt, Evil = possibly both sides hurt. I'll take it a step further this time, we know Mirio had to undergo a lot of training and experience to turn his quirk into an amazing ability.

    What about Overhaul's quirk? It seems like he can't control it (turn it off). He wears gloves on his hands. He yelled at Compress to not touch him yet look what happened. What kind of backstory could he have with such a devastating quirk. Anyone that touches him could die. His parent's might have died when his quirk manifested for the first time. How could he aspire to Good and try saving people with a quirk like that.
    Those are actually good points. Sorry if my reply earlier seemed rude. I'm still wondering how fusing fits in, assuming that it's part of Overhaul's Quirk and not just one of his cronies. I find it unlikely for Horikoshi to simply go for a power as bland as everybody dying if they touch Overhaul. It's tragic, but so meh if it's just that.

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  8. #6848

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    What about Overhaul's quirk? It seems like he can't control it (turn it off). He wears gloves on his hands. He yelled at Compress to not touch him yet look what happened. What kind of backstory could he have with such a devastating quirk. Anyone that touches him could die. His parent's might have died when his quirk manifested for the first time. How could he aspire to Good and try saving people with a quirk like that.
    I don't think that's how his quirk works. It seems that it activates specifically when he touches something with his hand. He touched Magne, and in the panel Compress loses his arm, you can see Overhaul slapped it away.

    Overhaul not wanting to be touched seems to have more to do with his plague doctor schtik. He calls everyone sick and talks about how they need to be cured. He reacts in a pretty disgusted manner after touching Magne (possibly from the blood though). Him swatting Compress away also seems to be out of anger/disgust.
    Legend of the Strongest Onani Master Kurosawa


  9. #6849
    Undercover Shipwright Zeorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Top Secret

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by Hattori View Post
    I don't think that's how his quirk works. It seems that it activates specifically when he touches something with his hand. He touched Magne, and in the panel Compress loses his arm, you can see Overhaul slapped it away.

    Overhaul not wanting to be touched seems to have more to do with his plague doctor schtik. He calls everyone sick and talks about how they need to be cured. He reacts in a pretty disgusted manner after touching Magne (possibly from the blood though). Him swatting Compress away also seems to be out of anger/disgust.
    I'll say it is a possibility but the way I interpreted it is because it showed Compress make contact with Overhaul's arm with a "tap" bubble. Next panel, Overhaul freaks out and says "Don't touch me." This reaction and the way Overhaul's arm is drawn in the next panel make me think he is withdrawing his hand away from the explosion he knows is going to occur. His arm started out in front of his body and looks like he moved it back behind his body to get it away.

    Hidden:


    Interestingly, I was just looking at it again paying close attention to Overhaul's hands and it looked like Horikoshi made a mistake in this draft. It shows Overhaul taking the glove off his left hand, but then in this panel it looks like his left hand is gloved again. Yet, in the following pages I see no sign of the glove.

    Hidden:

  10. #6850

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    According to some translation I read in the past, Magne uses female pronouns. Also, Spinner addresses them as "sister"
    This is correct, he always spoke like a female.
    Of course that doesn't identify his sexual preference, just possible identity (and even more strongly implied with his friendship of another transgender).

  11. #6851

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    I suppose Magne is an effeminate gay guy, not a trans person.
    What I find weird is that, according to the dialogue we get, Magne gathered the courage to come out of the closet while his friend didn't... but judging from her looks, it seems she is as out of it as possible.

  12. #6852

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I suppose Magne is an effeminate gay guy, not a trans person.
    What I find weird is that, according to the dialogue we get, Magne gathered the courage to come out of the closet while his friend didn't... but judging from her looks, it seems she is as out of it as possible.
    That confused me too, but there could always be more to the story, given additional context. Maybe the friend hasn't told her family or colleagues yet, and only dresses that way when meeting other LGBTQ folk or allies? Also, not that it affects that point, but I think the friend was mostly talking about Magne embracing villainy as a way (another way?) of throwing off society's shackles.

    Either way, I'm hoping the friend still has a role to play. Otherwise that subtle foreshadowing of their meeting + Magne's emotional flashback just before dying are kind of pointless :P

  13. #6853
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Magne's backstory dealing with LGBTQ circumstances also meshes pretty well with how his magnetism power was themed around attracting/rejecting characters based on their gender.

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  14. #6854

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Also, not that it affects that point, but I think the friend was mostly talking about Magne embracing villainy as a way (another way?) of throwing off society's shackles.
    Didn't thought of that... I like it. Hm.

  15. #6855

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Otherwise that subtle foreshadowing of their meeting + Magne's emotional flashback just before dying are kind of pointless :P
    Reminds me of deadman wonderland where they'd introduce a character, show several pages of their backstory, then immediately kill them off.

  16. #6856
    Shipmate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lithuania, Visaginas>Vilnius

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou



    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    It was too troublesome to go to Kirishima's house and Bakugou finds his mom noisy/annoyingKirishima and Bakugou meet outside to go to the library together
    Bakugou is the type to omit stuffs as he explains, Kirishima smiles weakly trying to understand
    Bakugou laughs at Kirishima for being distracted by a commotion "heh... how lame..."
    To escape, Kirishima brought Bakugou out of the library." ((To escape what, I have no idea))
    They continue the study session at the family restaurant, Kirishima gets a drink for Bakugou at the drink bar
    Bakugou prefers Pepsi btw; they also bump into Bakugou's old friends from middle school
    seeing that Kirishima is so civil and sociable, Bakugou's old friends judge Kirishima to be a good guy!
    Baku's old friends: "Bakugou's much calmer than when he was in middle school" & "unbelievable he is teaching someone to study!"
    they talk about how he bullied deku, Bakugou goes ballistic, Kirishima holds him back (!!!!!!)
    afterwards they head elsewhere... ( yea that's about it for the studying part!)
    When they are on the way to the training camp, Bakugou is sleeping but Sero disturbs him and wakes him up
    Todoroki is seating on the auxiliary seat, making the pathway cramped (todo please)
    At the training camp, the girls talk about love/romance but they never brought up Kirishima (only see a reflection on how kirishima has good comm skills but he doesn't hang out with the opp sex and so maybe the girls think he's still like a boy)
    ARM WRESTLING, class 1-A vs class 1-B, can you believe: captain Bakugou and vice-captain Kirishima
    (warning: this gay as shit) "Kirishima!!! If you lose I'll kill you!!!" and because of Bakugou's support Kirishima turns the tables and wins
    "thanks for cheering me on!" kirishima says.
    everyone: "that was supposed to be cheering...?"
    This romance feels so much more natural than the main relationship.

  17. #6857

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Somebody better call Franky and Iceberg. It seems that have got quite the ship to build!

  18. #6858
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by Kondo View Post
    Somebody better call Franky and Iceberg. It seems that have got quite the ship to build!
    Nah. We need to get Tom on this. To build a ship with a DON.

    Spoiler:




    I like this. I REALLY like this. Seriously, Bakugou. My man or Kirishima's! And not too long after both crushing the popularity poll and defeating Deku in the same chapter. Not to mention the Sports Festival in the series' first year. Everybody is sick of seeing you win, Kacchan. But let nothing ever stop our beloved Explode Kill Lord.

    So... Who's going start the inevitable chain of bomb puns? Please don't tell me this is just a joke, it's too good.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    Spoiler:



    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  19. #6859

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    That eye looks like it wants to bust out of its socket.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

  20. #6860
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Baka Bakugou

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    That eye looks like it wants to bust out of its socket.
    All the better.

    Spoiler:



    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts