+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece: Super Grand Battle! for Nintendo 3DS (2014)

Default Re: One Piece: Super Grand Battle! for Nintendo 3DS (2014)

This comes to America, I'm buying day one!

Quote Originally Posted by kangaokiji View Post
    Hey guys!!!

look at the these new last scan (left down side ace picture)

We can confirm "Smoker" and "Tashigi" Playable character!!!!!!
    Good catch, I didn't notice them myself. Fingers crossed for a good number of playable characters, as so far we have more than a few weird choices thrown in (e.g. Rayleigh, Burgess, Tashigi), cause if we lost some of the essential playable characters for those, it would be a shame.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Corson D. Burley View Post
    This comes to America, I'm buying day one!
    I was hoping something about the localization would come out of TGS. A comment like "We're considering it" or "Stay tuned for future announcements" would've been great, but no such luck it seems.
    Last edited by OPR; September 24th, 2014 at 07:45 PM.

LoL didn't notice Smoker and Tashigi, but I saw Toy Soldier, Koala, Cavendish, Cariboo, Rebecca, Sugar and Pica. Probably only as supports. Still great.
    Though Pica is really big, he might be part of the background.

Oh yeah. Yay trashing is playable. It's also worth noting that in the support and item part it specifically mentions koala and kid as support and icy as an item but doesn't mention chin jao, Rebecca or cavendish. We know that cavendish is playable as well and the fact it mentions kid and koala probably means there not. But this means chin jao and Rebecca could be playable. That would be cool.

Beer Drinking Machine

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    Though Pica is really big, he might be part of the background.
    I don't think so, we''ve seen him in two stages, the Factory and the Tontatta Kingdom. I can understand why we see him on the background of the SMILE Factory, but not in the dwarves country.

And who's Rebecca fighting on the picture ? Could it be Pica ? Either the supports can fight each others, or Rebecca is playable. (Edit: she's hitting Trebol, so she might be just a support for now)

The game Twitter page have just confirmed Buggy as a playable character:

Last edited by Kavern; September 24th, 2014 at 07:20 AM.

LoL could it be that Franky's pure awesomeness is lethal ?

Robin looks awful for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    That's because she is looking even more generic than the manga now.

I think it's the ridiculously large hips and thighs. Her body proportions are a little bit off. Her body from the waist down is twice the size of the rest of her body. Maybe they wanted to make her look more "mature" compared to Nami, but they made her look weird in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    LoL could it be that Franky's pure awesomeness is lethal ?
    If you're referring to the second image of him posing, then that's not an attack, at least not in of itself. This attack is taken straight from UWR, where Franky would do a series of poses that end with a Fireball, and the more poses you can chain the larger the Fireball will be. This attack, as many others, is lifted from UWR.

Which is something I noticed Ganbarion doing a lot with their games. If you look at their One Piece games, you'll find that every game pulls movesets and attack animations from previous games, with updates to go with the source material. I quite like that, as it makes all of their OP games feel connected, even if they don't share the same genre sometimes. Doesn't hurt that even when Ganbarion are making filler moves for characters, they still end making them great, with many moves ending up in the actual manga eventually.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

God, I hope Franky is a better character this time around...he was beyond salvation in Gigant Battle 2.

And I might be wrong, but I think I saw in one of the trailers Franky using this Look, AWESOME! move, and all that it did was change his hair, haha (well, apparently, according to the scan, it gives a blind effect too).

Yeah, Robin's face is kinda weird; it's too Barbie-ish. But I'm having fun thinking she would enjoy to have the worst representation of the group. Fits her personality in the manga.

well with smoker and tashigi confirmed to be playable, I'll get mad if Monet and Vergo will be not!!
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

I hate to say this but I agree. She does look kind of....awkward, especially compare to how she looked in the past grand battle games. :/

Anyway, I really do hope Vergo is in this game!
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/18/20)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

Beer Drinking Machine

well with smoker and tashigi confirmed to be playable, I'll get mad if Monet and Vergo will be not!!
    Vergo and Monet just appeared for a bunch of chapters while Smoker and Tashigi are in the manga since almost the beginning. I think the developpers want to create a good mix between classic and modern characters to export the game outside Japan, because not everybody reads scans and you those "modern" characters.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Hahaha, I think you are being wishful, Kavern. I never heard or knew about any decision that could support your theory. That I know, Japan is the only relevant aim...if it sells outside, it's a bonus and only that.

Smoker and Tashigui are in because of their appearance in Punk Hazard and their appeal with the fans. The casting of fighting games are often guided by popularity, as a way to increase sellings.

Personally, I would like very much if both Monet and Vergo got in and were playable. Realistically, I guess that one will be a Stage hazard, and the other a support character.

New Jump scan.

Jinbe and Croco-boy! Yahoo !
    Wow, never noticed how cute Akainu is.

what I like is that they're keeping to use only New World characters (so characters of FI Arc, PH Arc, DR Arc, Film Z, but also people who are known to have sail in it as the WB and BB pirates or Croco and the Revolutionaries). but this also make older sagas characters less probably to appears... so no lucci or enel, or even vivi and magellan...
    Prediction.
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

I see blackbeard in the new scan, I'm glad he's in, but it's not surprising, really. Kinda hate that they keep giving a spot for Ivankov, I don't like him as a character and I hated playing as him in gigant battle 1 and 2. Also, I think the scan is mentioning One Piece Heat, which was a mechanic from the gigant battle games.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information