+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Default Re: Mortal Kombat X

Kotal Kahn seems like a bit of a ripoff of Ogre from Tekken.

I'm OK with this.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Those are some brutal fatalities without even being over the top.

Cassie's face does't look finished, but that aside I am happy with her. Between Cassie and D'Vorah, finally MK got women who don't look like they where breastfed with steroids.

Talking about D'Vorah, just saw this HQ screenshot where she appears without her hood. For some reason I wasn't expecting her to be bald, but seeing it just made me like her design even more!

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    For some reason I wasn't expecting her to be bald, but seeing it just made me like her design even more!
    Hey at the very least if any of the fatalities used on her involve her skull getting split in half you won't have to read snarky comments on Youtube wondering how one goes about splitting a ponytail in half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

New Interview with Boon: http://www.polygon.com/a/e3-2014/mortal-kombat-x

Basically, the game is going to have at least the same amount of characters that were in MK9 (which had 28 so expect ~30), and Boon stated that they've decided to tone down on revealing clothing for female characters.

And boy oh boy are people mad about the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    New Interview with Boon: http://www.polygon.com/a/e3-2014/mortal-kombat-x

Basically, the game is going to have at least the same amount of characters that were in MK9 (which had 28 so expect ~30), and Boon stated that they've decided to tone down on revealing clothing for female characters.

And boy oh boy are people mad about the latter.
    Gee you'd think these people started playing Mortal Kombat to watch women in revealing outfits get brutally beaten in 1 on 1 matches to the death....

At any rate that won't kill their interests in Ryona videos once the game comes out.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; June 15th, 2014 at 12:42 AM.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Why would people be mad? In Mk9, they all had manly faces anyway. 'specially Kitana.

D'Vorah is awesome!! Can't wait to see the rest of the roster!

D'Vorah looks like she should be part of an alien race in Mass Effect--which is to say, she looks very, very cool. And I like the variations concept for the characters as well! I wonder if they'll have to be unlocked (probably).

As for the toned-down sex appeal, well....that's only a big deal if you have the maturity of a teenager, lol.

a mood come alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Gee you'd think these people started playing Mortal Kombat to watch women in revealing outfits get brutally beaten in 1 on 1 matches to the death....

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...k_fatality.jpg

At any rate that won't kill their interests in Ryona videos once the game comes out.
    Ugh... You won't believe the amount of people saying shit like, "It's rated M for a reason!" Bitch, it's Rated M so I can rip your stupid ass spine without doing so in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    Why would people be mad? In Mk9, they all had manly faces anyway. 'specially Kitana.
    That won't stop them. The mind questions, but the crotch beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
    D'Vorah looks like she should be part of an alien race in Mass Effect--which is to say, she looks very, very cool. And I like the variations concept for the characters as well! I wonder if they'll have to be unlocked (probably).
    I don't think they'll have to be unlocked because they're going to be a major part in tournaments. Unless the game is provided with a 'unlock all variations' code, having characters be locked toward a certain degree is going to piss off tournament goers (which Boon is trying not to do).

Although, could you imagine making a tier list of ~30 characters with three variations. Jesus...

Ed Boon specifically said that the styles are not unlockable. When you get a character, you get all 3.

New reveal tomorrow. Most likely new character(s).

The very last second the video is has the sound of people reacting from Evo. It's really loud. Headphone users beware. There's also a bit of a buzz at 0:19. When a better trailer is given, I'll replace it.

Raiden! You got so much shit to clean from the events of MK9! Here's a mop!

That fatality tho! And I'm liking how they present the individual sets.
    Last edited by Insider2000; July 12th, 2014 at 02:53 PM.

Raiden! You got so much shit to clean from the events of MK9! Here's a mop!
    Given his track record I'd leave well enough alone if I were him.

Oh well... Seems that I will again have to buy it to one of my friend who have one of the console it can be played on so I can force him to play with me and eventually borrow the console and game from him for a while to play the story mode... I say "again" because the same thing happened for the last MK... What can I say, I'm NOT gonna buy consoles for less than 10 games interesting for me when I can borrow it from a friend. Anyway... So far, it seem very cool. Can't wait to see the other characters but so far, D'Vorah is already one of my fav. She make me think of a darker member of the Aburame clan (A clan of bug-users who use their own bodies as hives for their bugs, in Naruto). She might become the second female character I use regularly, the other being Sindel. My others usual main characters are Stryker, Reptile, Kano and Baraka so I really hope that at least one of them come back.
    Weird and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Persian View Post
    Oh well... Seems that I will again have to buy it to one of my friend who have one of the console it can be played on so I can force him to play with me and eventually borrow the console and game from him for a while to play the story mode... I say "again" because the same thing happened for the last MK... What can I say, I'm NOT gonna buy consoles for less than 10 games interesting for me when I can borrow it from a friend. Anyway... So far, it seem very cool. Can't wait to see the other characters but so far, D'Vorah is already one of my fav. She make me think of a darker member of the Aburame clan (A clan of bug-users who use their own bodies as hives for their bugs, in Naruto). She might become the second female character I use regularly, the other being Sindel. My others usual main characters are Stryker, Reptile, Kano and Baraka so I really hope that at least one of them come back.
    It's coming out for PS3 and 360 too.

And Stryker is my bae.

Not surprised about Raiden being revealed, but I'm very impressed with the three sets they gave him.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/5/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

It's coming out for PS3 and 360 too.

And Stryker is my bae.
    Yeah, but I only have a Wii and a 3DS, so...
    Weird and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Persian View Post
    Yeah, but I only have a Wii and a 3DS, so...
    Oh. Well you mentioned having played the previous game, so I kind of assumed that you had the other two. Sorry.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Hooley shait! Loving it to the bottom of my heart! Raiden looks great! The characters speed was increased in the right amount, and I really like this less colorful style, quite elegant if you ask me.

It took me so long to play MK9 that I'm quite obsessed with this universe again (I even re-watched Defensors of the Realm --- nostalgia goggles were broken, btw)!

Do you guys think they will go with a Regular and then a Komplete edition again? They sure will, won't they? I don't know if i'll be able to hold my horses until the better/fixed/all-cast edition appears, but I think it's such a stupid thing to do. Oh well, sowwy for mumbling guys :ccc

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

I personally can pretty much hold out for any title these days and then buy it a couple of months later for a much cheaper price or in a new edition with more stuff.^^
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information