+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Default Re: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Thanks! I found this out not too long after posting here lol. Was too lazy to delete my post.

Default Re: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Satoshi Mizukami is starting a new manga early next year and his big stories all apparently tie into each other and I've seen people say this new one might be heavily related to Sengoku Youko so I'm starting to read that. I've heard people say they like this more than Biscuit Hammer so I'm interested in how because that was pretty fantastic.

Only read chapter 1 so far but
    Spoiler:
    I thought Sendou was a girl and am kind of disappointed that that's not the case.

I also started Five Star Stories despite it probably never being translated any further than it already is. It's one of those "epic" high sci-fi stories and I'm not really into it after the first volume so I'll see if I ever start getting really into it. Seems like I'd like it. Maybe I have to be in a different mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Satoshi Mizukami is starting a new manga early next year and his big stories all apparently tie into each other and I've seen people say this new one might be heavily related to Sengoku Youko so I'm starting to read that. I've heard people say they like this more than Biscuit Hammer so I'm interested in how because that was pretty fantastic.
    For me it was the best of his 3 main series. The serie is very well balanced, it has great action, great characters, fun and sad moments. There are moment on the serie where you will be very surprised. So there is no hesitation especially if you liked Biscuit Hammer

Help me find a new manga to read, love the widely expanding universe of story lines where one mystery unfolds another three new appears , the world building OP has.

Tried Naruto and Bleach years ago, it was fine when i was a kid but cant stand it today. Been following one piece for close to 20 years more or less, is there anything similar out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyy View Post
    Help me find a new manga to read, love the widely expanding universe of story lines where one mystery unfolds another three new appears , the world building OP has.

Tried Naruto and Bleach years ago, it was fine when i was a kid but cant stand it today. Been following one piece for close to 20 years more or less, is there anything similar out there?
    Maybe Toriko or if you eont have a problem with it the korean manhwa Tower of God.

I keep finding ongoing manga I want to read despite my desire to not pick up too many ongoing manga at a time. The first one is When the Cat Faces West (or If the Cat Faces West or something like that), which is by the same mangaka as Mushishi. I like the concept more than Mushishi really. It's basically the same kind of story where the main character investigates weird phenomenon (but he runs a business and has a cat and a secretary) but the phenomenon are either natural to some extent or are caused by people's emotions rather than being caused by supernatural bugs. It is ongoing but it only releases every other month so it's not something I'm probably going to be actively looking forward to. The second one is Solte of the End, which is the new manga by the guy that wrote Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer and Spirit Circle. Pretty interesting setup really. Judging by the end of the first chapter it's a magical girl series to some extent, which is cool. Can't wait to see where it goes.

is Solte translated by Crunchyroll ?
    So you did not like Sengoku Youko

Nah I liked Sengoku Youko. And at least judging by the first chapter Solte seems most similar to it. I just didn't want to list all 3 manga in my post.

Where can I read Solte? I can't find a scan

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Where can I read Solte? I can't find a scan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Nah I liked Sengoku Youko. And at least judging by the first chapter Solte seems most similar to it. I just didn't want to list all 3 manga in my post.
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/788843/1

We didn't have to wait long. Thanks Sakonosolo for the tips
    Quaterly release, though (!_!)
    Last edited by Kdom; January 24th, 2020 at 12:46 AM.

Yeah I saw that it was quarterly. I hope that with that the chapters continue being around 70 pages. If we only get 30 pages per 3 (or however many) months that's going to suck really badly.

Thanks for the link. Yeah, it the scanlation pace is really slow I'd prefer to read it when is finished or close to that.

I invited a small group of friends here in Colombia to make a collective reading of Spirit Circle. They are people who don't read manga, and it has been really nice to them to discover that kind of literature and also this particular series. Nice ride so far.

I read Taki Takanosuke's Walking Time. The story is NOT about a man who captures the hearts of many women in his daily walks (as reviewed in bakaupdates and mangadex), but about a retired CEO of an important company, a young lady he crosses in his daily walks and a certain story they share with out knowing it.

The art is gorgeous and the visual narrative is clever and well executed (many pages are free of dialogue bubbles). Many scenes are charming. But being a slice of life, at the same time I had the feeling the story happens in a very different planet in which everything is just perfect, than here where not all the things are fine. Beyond that, I enjoyed the travel and was very happy with the body language of the characters. Shame I couldn't find more scans of this mangaka.

Finally started reading Akagi. I only know the very basic rules of mahjong but even outside of mahjong this is some pretty crazy stuff. Makes me think of Crank in some aspects, where at the very least the main character is pushing things to their limits. And it's cool that Akagi is just like that instead of becoming that way. He's just naturally a thrill seeker.

If you are interested with riichi rules: https://www.ffmahjong.fr/FFMJ-site/d...irules2016.pdf
    Beside the name of the scoring figures, the main difficult concept of riichi is the furiten

Hiro Mashima has clearly been watching The Walking Dead.
    The current arc of Eden's Zero is... really going places. Oof.
    I dig it though, it's kind of interesting to see him take his work to a dark place.

I also read all five physical volumes of Astra: Lost in Space a few days ago.
    Absolutely loved it, it was a pretty great short-and-sweet sci-fi adventure.
    Interesting premise, a lively cast, good comedic timing, wild plot twists, genuine emotion, a good MC etc.
    It's by Kenta Shinohara, the guy who did SKET Dance.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information