+ Reply to Thread
Page 752 of 854 FirstFirst ... 252 652 702 742 750 751 752 753 754 762 802 852 ... LastLast
Results 15,021 to 15,040 of 17080

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Did u just spoiled Thor; Ragnarok for all of us?? Sheezzz, I wanted Odin's purpose to be a mystery.
    Man From Arizona Makes Off-Hand Post About Dead Religion From 1,000 + Years Ago: Accidentally Spoils Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BartArt View Post
    This is true, r and Baldur are the real MVPs
    No love for Varr and his shoe of doom?
    Complicating things since 2009.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

A gigantic wave of wildfires in Portugal is causing utter chaos throughout the North and Centre of the country, cutting off numerous roads, highways, and train lines. People have to seek shelter in service stations along the roads because they get trapped, villages have been evacuated in various points, houses and factories have been burned, 3 people have died, it is utter madness here. I have no link to english-language news and I don't know why I can't find any, but it's scary as hell. Temperatures have reached 35 degrees Celsius today in places where even during Summer time it is unusual to be so hot, wind is very very strong. I keep hearing firemen trucks, ambulances, and police cars dashing all over the place, my house smells like smoke and everyone is panicking. My gf was on the road and nearly caught by the fires, she had to turn back home asap. Communication lines are completely full and police/guard members are sometimes clueless as to what is going on in each place. Utter madness. Protection services are stretched to breaking point and it is simply impossible to deal with so many large fires in so many different points. The priorities right now are to evacuate people in danger and stop fires from reaching inhabited areas, while waiting for the rain to come in the morning.

Managed to find something in english: http://algarvedailynews.com/news/12762-portugal-ablaze

Number of fires has reached 443. Galicia in northwest Spain is going through a similar problem, Vigo is basically surrounded by fires.
    Last edited by Chrior; October 15th, 2017 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    No love for Varr and his shoe of doom?
    Viar definitely has a cult following, in fact my roommates name is Viar

ISIS has finally been defeated in Raqqah, meaning they've lost both of their major city strongholds (the other was Mosul).
    Their only remaining actual factual territory is now mostly crappy desert, small towns, and rapidly vanishing pockets of one more sizable city that they've never fully controlled, Deir Ezzor.

As a territorial unit they're pretty much past tense.

Which means the attacks will intensify because everyone goes home now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Which means the attacks will intensify because everyone goes home now.
    Er... they're surrounded by three hostile forces.

1. The Syrian Army/Russians/Iranians/Hezbollah
    2. The Iraqi Army
    3. SDF/Syrian Kurds

ISIS soldiers in the remaining pockets are pretty much turbo-fucked dead men walking.

Having said that I do agree that in their dying form, whatever connections and people abroad they still have might be an even greater threat. Thrashing around desperate to prove relevance, or go out with a bang.

I don't want to talk about Venezuela but I have the "duty" to keep you posted.

The government won big on the regional elections, and whatever opposition win has to be sworn in the super cheated constitutional assembly, essentially accepting its legality.

That was accepted by the oppo parties that won.

Everything else that was done this year has become undone, again.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

When you have a poor sense of apparent humor or don't bother looking into the people that obtain health insurance from you

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dear-b...rage-is-denied
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

So... have the Iraqi kurds been completely screwed once again by their western allies in their quest for independence? The Iraqi army + Iranian backed Shia militias have taken control of various Kurdish-held cities and towns effortlessly, supposedly due to internal "betrayal", the Kurds say. These people are destined to always fight the toughest battles and get cheated on their own state when it seems so close, again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    So... have the Iraqi kurds been completely screwed once again by their western allies in their quest for independence? The Iraqi army + Iranian backed Shia militias have taken control of various Kurdish-held cities and towns effortlessly, supposedly due to internal "betrayal", the Kurds say. These people are destined to always fight the toughest battles and get cheated on their own state when it seems so close, again and again.
    if it was not a land in 4 different countries and didn't have as much oil they would have their own land long time ago
    Iran is now hardly against Iraq Kurdistan because they want to keep Iraq as ally and also they believe isreal is supporting them and there are Kurds in Iran aswell
    You have to keep this in mind in that city there was not only Kurds there were also Arab As well it's not easy to draw a border for Kurdistan
    Spoiler:

By fire be purged

Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    if it was not a land in 4 different countries and didn't have as much oil they would have their own land long time ago
    Iran is now hardly against Iraq Kurdistan because they want to keep Iraq as ally and also they believe isreal is supporting them and there are Kurds in Iran aswell
    You have to keep this in mind in that city there was not only Kurds there were also Arab As well it's not easy to draw a border for Kurdistan
    I know about all of that. I just feel very sorry for those people, is all... It's all happening again and everyone knew it was going to lead to this. NATO will never support and independent Kurdistan, and neither will Iran. So it's an utopia, right now. It should have happened after WW1, it did not. And it will not happen in the forseeable future.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Never cared much about this Kurd people, so I know shit about them, but this conversation kinda makes me want to read an entire Wiki article about them.

Israel and the US is supposed to be supporting the Kurdish independence

The US was supposed have supported the Kurds in Iraq as far back as the Gulf War when Bush said he'd help/support them in return for their help (guides, info on people & places ect). But once war was over, they were left to hang dry and were vulnerable to retaliations for helping the USA. Some who went to great lengths to help then applied for visas to come to the USA but were denied, trapped in hostile lands then were assassinated

So... have the Iraqi kurds been completely screwed once again by their western allies in their quest for independence?
    I'm not sure how they can be screwed here unless some sort of promise or deal was made that wasn't followed up on.
    The heavier anti-ISIS western cooperation with Kurds you might be thinking of is in Syria, which is with a different faction/force on top of being another country as well.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

"Supposed to" in what sense?
    Israel very likely covertly supports them, no doubt really happy to have an ally in the area that would dependably have similar enemies.

I think previous US administrations (both Bush and Obama) had sympathies with them but very limited actual grounds to support full independence without it being a huge mess.
    The Trump administration who the fuck knows. Trump himself obviously has no idea about any of this, and one can only guess what the ghouls and morons under him have in mind.

The sticky wicket in virtually every case remains Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I'm not sure how they can be screwed here unless some sort of promise or deal was made that wasn't followed up on.
    The heavier anti-ISIS western cooperation with Kurds you might be thinking of is in Syria, which is with a different faction/force on top of being another country as well.
    No, not thinking about Syria, I know very well what I'm talking about. Not to mention that the SDF has become a wider coalition of forces. Heavily kurdish, yeah, but they try to keep things multicultural (at least in presentation) in order to have a shot at international recognition as the democratic opposition to Assad, I'd guess. I was talking more along the lines of what Katzztar said.

The sticky wicket in virtually every case remains Turkey.
    Sigh, it seems like it...

No, not thinking about Syria, I know very well what I'm talking about. Not to mention that the SDF has become a wider coalition of forces. Heavily kurdish, yeah, but they try to keep things multicultural (at least in presentation) in order to have a shot at international recognition as the democratic opposition to Assad, I'd guess. I was talking more along the lines of what Katzztar said.
    Katzztar is talking about stuff that went down with the Gulf War.

Sigh, it seems like it...
    Trump has really overshadowed how such a crucial geo-influential country like Turkey has fallen even worse into the hands of a grasping buffoon.
    Not that any Turkish administration has ever dealt well with the Kurds though...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    In Iranian news, the Supreme Leader has made a rare wise and just statement that much of the world can agree upon.
    http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-36239580.html

Trump to challenge Khamanei to round of Celebrity Jeopardy; immediately backs out when Trudeau asks to be included.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Ali Khamenei... welcome to the Resistance.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information