+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 103 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 733: "What Mr. Soldier Wants"

Default Re: Chapter 733: "What Mr. Soldier Wants"

Damn it Oda. I missed a boxing lion for godsake.

Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    Mouth, beard, animal cloak appears to be a powerhouse if he is the one who destroyed the D-Block in an "blink of an eye"
    It just doesn't seem like Kaido from what we have seen. If Kaido came to town, I could see him going to the coliseum, completely destroying it along with the people in there and starting to tank the last 3-4 characters and then walking casually and picking up the Mera Mera no Mi. No waiting, no hiding, just carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    I think it's pretty clear who won the round if we just look at the facts.

We know:
    1) That person/technique was very fast.
    2) Mangapanda is very fast.

That leads to the conclusion that the winner might be none other than: Pandaman!
    Yes, now THIS is a theory I can believe in! Lets not forget that Pandaman is seen by fans but we've never seen any characters interact with him or acknowledge him so that is why Gatz didn't identify him

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Damn it Oda. I missed a boxing lion for godsake.
    I was quite disappointed, I expected a fighting lion in the New World be far better than some tamed lion from East Blue that allows a jerk to ride on his back.

In other words... I really was looking forward seeing a lion many times stronger than Richie in the New World.

Quote Originally Posted by AlM View Post
    Sorry, i din't read the whole thread but for me the winner is Meadows yes and he is a commander of Kaido who's using a cheetah fruit. His hat look like the hat of the two guys talking about this mysterious "Jack". And a cheetah match with the speed, scratchs and his hat. Also, sorry for my bad english...
    sorry, didn't see the 'he is a commander of Kaido 'part
    Last edited by knceng; December 26th, 2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knceng View Post
    I don't think cheetah fit with his "the strongest creature[?]" title.
    Sorry, i was talking about Meadows being a member of the crew of Kaido using the cheetah fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by AlM View Post
    Sorry, i was talking about Meadows being a member of the crew of Kaido using the cheetah fruit.
    but, even if he's a member of the crew of Kaido, some of fighters should have recognize him... unless he's completly a new character in the New World like Mr. Store.

I don't really see any member of Kaidou's crew showing up yet. They would be there as backup to protect the factory not to get Ace's fruit. Considering the SHs are there to destroy the factory and Kaidou sorta needs it for a big shipment his has coming up. Especially since the underground most likely knows what happened at Punk Hazard with the SAD factory and Caesar losing. The last factory would take priority over Ace's fruit.

As for anyone arguing it can't be Rebecca since she attacked people and that doesn't fit her style since she only dodges. She is totally against phsyically hitting someone. You forgot something really huge that destroys that arguement. She's in this tournament to get a "fire" DF power so she can personally use it to defeat Doflamingo. A fire power is not really a non-physical type of ability. You can't really use it without phsyically harming the person you are using it on. So typically she is against it but when the times come she will use force. The flashback even alluded to this since LS was actually hitting her so she can get a real sense of danger and that's when growth actually happens. So if it was Rebecca, she was getting beaten bad and then unleashed a speedy final desperation move on everyone. Which would account for why she fell down after she did it and why she has bruises.

16 chars of thank you Redon

Huh...well. Although there is a lot of compelling evidence to suggest Rebecca was the one who speedblitzed Block D, the small inconsistencies and also Oda's current tendency of confound our expectations with twists and reveals mean that personally my preference is that it was Meadows, a hitherto unknown Yonkou commander in disguise.

The inconsistencie have already been noted. Rebecca was never taught to throw herself into a suicide speed-blitiz but how to evade attacks instead. Also being able to speed-blitz notables such as Cavendish who was holding his own against an enraged Don Chinjao means she acquired a major power boost that was never demonstrated before.

Then comes the actual scene: we and the announcer see that some of the fog has cleared. So we see Rebecca (among others) lying there with the same scuff marks and bruises as the other contestants. That is shown on panel. But the announcer says that someone is standing up, in the smog. So did the smog come back, cover the area where Rebecca was lying and she then slowly got up? Or the announcer and the panel was showing a different part of the Collosseum, one still covered in smoke and fog and therefore it wasn't Rebecca? I support the latter.

Every block has had a disguised character. A = Burgess, B= Riku, C= Luffy, so D should follow suit, Meadows. Also if Burgess a Yonkou level commander is one of the four standing, then you have Sabo is possibly one of Dragon's top men innvolved, how does one preserve their hype? One way is to have Burgess vs another Yonkou commander (maybe Kaidou's or Big Mom's) and they both take each other out. Leaving Sabo and Bartolomeo with a clear path to Diamante. Diamante can defeat Barto showing how his epithet as 'hero of the Collosseum' is deserved, then in turn he gets his enel-face turn before it is smashed when Sabo reveals himself as not luffy.

Burgess's hype is preserved. Diamante's hype is confirmed and Sabo's hype is also preserved.

Whatever happened to Rolling Logan? He wasn't shown with the knocked down fighters this chapter. We last saw him fighting Rebecca, but the next time we saw Rebecca following that fight she was fighting other gladiators with Acilia. Is it safe to assume the Rebecca-Acilia alliance defeated him?
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Zoan View Post
    I don't really see any member of Kaidou's crew showing up yet. They would be there as backup to protect the factory not to get Ace's fruit. Considering the SHs are there to destroy the factory and Kaidou sorta needs it for a big shipment his has coming up. Especially since the underground most likely knows what happened at Punk Hazard with the SAD factory and Caesar losing. The last factory would take priority over Ace's fruit.

As for anyone arguing it can't be Rebecca since she attacked people and that doesn't fit her style since she only dodges. She is totally against phsyically hitting someone. You forgot something really huge that destroys that arguement. She's in this tournament to get a "fire" DF power so she can personally use it to defeat Doflamingo. A fire power is not really a non-physical type of ability. You can't really use it without phsyically harming the person you are using it on. So typically she is against it but when the times come she will use force. The flashback even alluded to this since LS was actually hitting her so she can get a real sense of danger and that's when growth actually happens. So if it was Rebecca, she was getting beaten bad and then unleashed a speedy final desperation move on everyone. Which would account for why she fell down after she did it and why she has bruises.
    In that case, it's sloppy writing. Why not show Rebecca getting those bruises then? She looked fine a few pages before the "accident" (like everybody else).

But in case it was her, remember that it's not guaranteed that she's the one standing up at the end. Elizabello also unleashed an ultimate move that knocked down a bunch of fighters, but he wasn't the winner.

My Opinion to the "Meadow = Kaidou" Theory:
    When he had registered himself for the Tournament, even with this Jaguar/Cheetah/Tiger-Cap/Fur on his Back, the guy at the Registerplace should have realised who this guy is. He wears no Mask and no Fakebeard. Hes a Yonkou, everyone in the New World should recognize the Faces of all 4 of them.
    I think he is one of the top Fighters of Kaidous Crew. Maybe everyone of the High Class Officers in his Crew got a Mustache :D The Forum would go insane.

Oh. Yeah.

Yonta Maria is definitely a pun.

To the Japanese reader:

-Santa Maria = Three-ta Maria
    -Yonta Maria = Four-ta Maria

But it's apparently a whole fleet and not just one famous ship.

It already passed 1 day and I am still bored.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    In that case, it's sloppy writing. Why not show Rebecca getting those bruises then? She looked fine a few pages before the "accident" (like everybody else).

But in case it was her, remember that it's not guaranteed that she's the one standing up at the end. Elizabello also unleashed an ultimate move that knocked down a bunch of fighters, but he wasn't the winner.
    She has no bruises since she hasn't been hit yet. The attack happened some time later. All we saw was the ending. The last scene we got before it changed to Lightning Soldier there was still 30 people fighting. Next chapter should be a flashback leading up to the actual attack. It'll probably be a Block D chapter. Now if all we get is the winner reveal, then yeah, that's sloppy writing.

But yeah it may not be her. It could be someone else standing up. But if after all this build up and it ends up being someone else standing up. That's sloppy writing as well. Since it'll diminish the cliffhanger move while also making LS speech completely pointless.
    Last edited by Phoenix Zoan; December 26th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

It's not haki. There's no foaming at the mouth. Plus I would think Sabo wouldn't be hyping up a CoC fodder blast as a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Zoan View Post
    She has no bruises since she hasn't been hit yet. The attack happened some time later. All we saw was the ending. The last scene we got before it changed to Lightning Soldier there was still 30 people fighting. Next chapter should be a flashback leading up to the actual attack. It'll probably be a Block D chapter. Now if all we get is the winner reveal, then yeah, that's sloppy writing.

But yeah it may not be her. It could be someone else standing up. But if after all this build up and it ends up being someone else standing up. That's sloppy writing as well. Since it'll diminish the cliffhanger move while also making LS speech completely pointless.
    Not really. The build-up in this case would be about Rebecca's "hidden potential", not her winning the block.

Basically, the feat of knocking down all those strong guys in a single attack would go well with LS's speech. She doesn't need to win the block to justify the build-up. Unlocking this power would be enough, especially considering that she's not gonna get the Mera Mera Fruit anyway, so making her advance would be pointless. Basically, she wouldn't leave empty-handed.

Remember the King Punch? Plenty of build-up too, but it didn't guarantee Elizabello's victory.
    Last edited by King Cannon; December 26th, 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Okay who the hell shortens domestic violence to "DV" and expects people to get it ?
    It's how they refer to it in Japan. Just the letters, "DV." My ears pricked up whenever I heard it during the middle school staff meetings (when they discussed the home lives of the kids...).

But yeah, Panda are fucking idiots for not spelling it out, given that it's not referred to that way in English.

The idea that Becca launched that attack is a bit laughable. What kind of attack will result in the user passing out and losing their helmet? None of the folks shown on the ground did the attack.

Well christmas is over and I finally have some time to write something... I hoped you have enjoyed your christmas days as well.

But well... I thought something different would have been showed but I'm very pleased with this chapter

[LIST][*]The dwarves are super cute and I just love them[*]Toy Soldier was awesome this chapter and I would love to see him in full action as human.[*]Block D... Seriously I bitched about Block D cuz I haven't give a damn about it... but Oda did this cliffhanger ending and I have no clue what happened...

Some people think it was Rebecca cuz of the lightning speed... but I have a problem with it

Luffy for sure would see what happened... But people as Sabo and Bartolomeo haven't noticed it... Dunno if Rebecca really is that fast and strong that people of this calibre wouldn't spot it...

Even more if we have seen King Riku fighting in a similar way before... Of course he is old but still his fast movement stood out and was even mentioned in Block B... But what happened... he lost against Blue Gilly...

If anything she was the person who stood up at the end... but no way she did that

Same for the reason that she said never to hurt other people all the time... And now she decided to fuck everyone up herself included?

Makes no sense... So someone else did that and only Meadows is left

whoever it will turn out to be in reality... Maybe Jack, maybe someone from the WBs or even Kaidou himself... It will be a nice suprise...[*]Sabo and Barto <3
    Last edited by Kishido; December 26th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
    "This is a common misconception. The term "Monster Trio" is canon, not fanmade.
    It's been used quite a few times in the manga, most recently in chapter 606.
    Oda does use the term "怪物三人組 (Monster Trio)" in the very manga itself."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information