Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 466

Thread: Finals Discussion Thread

  1. #81

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    When's Satori coming back? It's kinda late in the tournament for this...


  2. #82

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I still contend that Jinbe NOT being on the crew is the only thing keeping him from being ruined by Oda.
    Everyone and their grandmother act like it already happened. Besides only way to ruin Jinbe is to give him "funny" quirks (which certain part of community loves so much), or to kill him. I doubt either of those will happen, so we just have to embrace our new fat boring blue goomba comrade.


  3. #83

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Warp Predator View Post
    Everyone and their grandmother act like it already happened. Besides only way to ruin Jinbe is to give him "funny" quirks (which certain part of community loves so much), or to kill him. I doubt either of those will happen, so we just have to embrace our new fat boring blue goomba comrade.
    lol there's nothing wrong with people acting like it already happened. And I like Jinbe. I'm just saying if he actually became a main character that was always around, we'd all realize he wasn't all that interesting, plus he'd suffer from a lot of "crewmate syndromes" such as never being able to be as strong as Luffy.

  4. #84

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    lol there's nothing wrong with people acting like it already happened. And I like Jinbe. I'm just saying if he actually became a main character that was always around, we'd all realize he wasn't all that interesting, plus he'd suffer from a lot of "crewmate syndromes" such as never being able to be as strong as Luffy.
    Yeah, that might happen. And probably will. Years made me indifferent to some of SH, so I see your point. But then again, it's highly subjective point.

    To think of it, tourney wise, we now live in golden age of Jinbe. Everyone is 99% sure he'll join. He can get better or worse over time, and it will be long time till novelty wears off. Possibilities are endless, future is bright. Best time for him to be a champion.


  5. #85
    Discovered Stowaway dwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    switzerland

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Jinbe was never rally interesting to me. I agree, he should never join the crew. He should stay with his own crew and help Luffy when help is needed, in a big fight.


  6. #86

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    I, on the other hand, can't wait to see him cruising the seas with others SH. :)


  7. #87

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I still contend that Jinbe NOT being on the crew is the only thing keeping him from being ruined by Oda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp Predator View Post
    Everyone and their grandmother act like it already happened. Besides only way to ruin Jinbe is to give him "funny" quirks (which certain part of community loves so much), or to kill him. I doubt either of those will happen, so we just have to embrace our new fat boring blue goomba comrade.
    I think I agree with some of what you guys are saying......as a SH-ally (like Bon), Jinbei is gaining a lot of support from voters. Him officially being a Straw Hat.....well, I wouldn't say Oda would "ruin him" (that's a subjective view but I admit not an unfounded view)......but certain people just don't like to vote for Straw Hats. They like to gamble on the villains, the minor quirky side-characters, and everyone in between.

    Me personally? I always saw Jinbei as a SH after Fishman Island, so my support for him will only grow.
    Last edited by MetaMario; October 22nd, 2013 at 05:14 AM. Reason: no fair warp, goombas are awesome :(

  8. #88

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I think I agree with some of what you guys are saying......as a SH-ally (like Bon), Jinbei is gaining a lot of support from voters. Him officially being a Straw Hat.....well, I wouldn't say Oda would "ruin him" (that's a subjective view but I admit not an unfounded view)......but certain people just don't like to vote for Straw Hats. They like to gamble on the villains, the minor quirky side-characters, and everyone in between.

    Me personally? I always saw Jinbei as a SH after Fishman Island, so my support for him will only grow.
    Goombas are awesome, that was positive trait. And I don't find him boring also. And doors were wide enough!

    Besides IMHO years will pass till Jinbe official joining, so I wouldn't worry about him being "ruined" yet. So, until that time comes we can enjoy him
    as half-ally half-SH. Best of both worlds.


  9. #89

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Warp Predator View Post
    Goombas are awesome, that was positive trait. And I don't find him boring also. And doors were wide enough!
    Oh....*sees signature* Egg on my face, then. (or possibly koopa shell?)

    Besides IMHO years will pass till Jinbe official joining, so I wouldn't worry about him being "ruined" yet. So, until that time comes we can enjoy him
    as half-ally half-SH. Best of both worlds.
    Ha, exactly!

  10. #90
    New World Demon DemonX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Epoida View Post
    Hey, I was surprised a little, too... though the Zoro campaigns were pretty good, I have to say. Ah well, there's always next year.
    I knew there'd be too many Zoro fanboys (and girls) :D
    But if what you say about the campaigns is true, it's at least a reason...I'd have liked Garp to advance.

  11. #91
    Wondering and Wandering Epoida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in the New World

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankyFan View Post
    When's Satori coming back? It's kinda late in the tournament for this...
    Only time will tell if and when Satori will make a comeback. Hopefully more soon than later; it would be fun.
    (...I have my reasons.)

    Last edited by Epoida; October 22nd, 2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Grammar...

  12. #92
    Legendary Hero Juvarland Juvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Scotland.

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Set for Jinbe's match. Credits go to Crocodyne!
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

  13. #93
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    Set for Jinbe's match. Credits go to Crocodyne!
    It looks beautiful :O


  14. #94
    Wondering and Wandering Epoida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in the New World

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Hm, are Semi-Finals starting tomorrow or on Thursday?

  15. #95
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    There is one more filler match before the Semi Finals start.


  16. #96

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    There is one more filler match before the Semi Finals start.
    That's a relief. Thanks!

  17. #97
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    That's a relief. Thanks!
    A relief that it's merely one more filler or that you have one more day for campaigns?


  18. #98

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    It's coming.



  19. #99
    Bisoromi Bear grunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New World Border

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    How does Noland always clean up in these things? I never saw the appeal.


  20. #100

    Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    A relief that it's merely one more filler or that you have one more day for campaigns?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts