Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fourth Round Discussion Thread

Default Re: Fourth Round Discussion Thread

AP's hearts belong to Doffy this year, my dear madam. But I wouldn't mind seeing a DD/Jinbe final, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Worried to see so much Whitebeard love. I don't want to see Jinbe go down when he's soooo close to conquering AP's hearts.
    I really like both, so it's hard enough trying to choose between them. Keep your fingers crossed for some great Jinbe campaigns to sway the votes!

Please. 2013 final match
    Spoiler:
    Jinbe vs Messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Worried to see so much Whitebeard love. I don't want to see Jinbe go down when he's soooo close to conquering AP's hearts.
    he will have his shining time anyway, after joining strawhats

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Please. 2013 final match
    Spoiler:
    Jinbe vs Messiah.
    I'm down with this.

As long as Jinbe wins the tournament, I'm fine with everything. :I
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Toraish View Post
    As long as Jinbe wins the tournament, I'm fine with everything. :I
    won't happen
    he will lose in this round
    wishful thinking

It's kind of sad really, but 2010 completely ruined Whitebeard as a tournament contestant for me. He's probably my favourite OP character to date (sans perhaps Ace) and every time I read Marineford I just can't help loving him with all of my heart, but I find zero joy in voting for him anymore. His march to utter domination back then was so convincing and so incredibly fun that it fully exhausted his tournament attraction, and seeing how pretty much nothing he can pull off can compare to the exhilaration that his advances caused back when the arc was still fresh and everyone was intoxicated by it... it just leaves me cold.

Thinking of it almost makes me tear up, actually. I want to love and support him so much, but I can't. There just isn't any feeling to be tapped into anymore. Downsides of a lengthy commitment.
    Last edited by Dryish; October 13th, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

It's kind of sad really, but 2010 completely ruined Whitebeard as a tournament contestant for me. He's probably my favourite OP character to date (sans perhaps Ace) and every time I read Marineford I just can't help loving him with all of my heart, but I find zero joy in voting for him anymore. His march to utter domination back then was so convincing and so incredibly fun that it fully exhausted his tournament attraction, and seeing how pretty much nothing he can pull off can compare to the exhilaration that his advances caused back when the arc was still fresh and everyone was intoxicated by it... it just leaves me cold.

Thinking of it almost makes me tear up, actually. I want to love and support him so much, but I can't. There just isn't any feeling to be tapped into anymore. Downsides of a lengthy commitment.
    Pretty much the same for me, though what you describe is how I feel about characters from old arcs that haven't showed up in years, in general.

For example I don't watch Alabasta anymore, because I've seen it all as a teenager several times in a row, and it's become something of an "old hat" for me. Not bad by any means but worn out due to age and new things happening.

Though I remain nostalgic about the animation from back before the timeslot switch but that's another can of surströmming entirely.

Easy votes for DD and Whitebeard. Jinbe is so overrated :P I don't dislike him that much, but his poor performance at the war...(yeah, yeah the water was frozen and he couldn't shoot kamehamaha's ).

Damn, Zoro vs. Garp :( I don't think I'll ever be able to vote against Garp, but Zoro needs to win this years tournament! wouldn't mind if Grap wins it though. Saying it now! one of them is going to be this years champion!

Don't care about the annoying ones, but I guess brook is still a better choice than buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    Don't care about the annoying ones, but I guess brook is still a better choice than buggy.
    I have the inexplicable urge to marry you right now.

And if it means stopping Buggy that's just what I'm willing to do

The clown is going down... I'll bring popcorn.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh yeah, is there going to be another filler match, or are we jumping right into the Fourth Round?

I've been out of town for a couple of days. Lemme ask.

I know where you coming from but sometimes, you have to follow your heart not your feelings:

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm not voting against Jinbe this year no matter what you throw at me. Jabra & Co. deserve it all this time around.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also, we're likely running another filler match before starting the next round. Sundays aren't good for starting stuff, generally speaking.
    Last edited by Dryish; October 13th, 2013 at 02:44 PM.

Out of the remaining characters, I'm all for Doffy or Jinbe winning this. I'm down for Garp, as well, tbh, since he's just that smexy badass that everybody loves and deserves at least one title at some point. Something similar can be said for Zoro, I guess but not as much for me
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Garp can have his tournament when he dies. This is the year of the Shark Whale!!!

and seeing how pretty much nothing he can pull off can compare to the exhilaration that his advances caused back when the arc was still fresh and everyone was intoxicated by it... it just leaves me cold.
    i don't understand what you meant here.

Quote Originally Posted by mary bonney View Post
    i don't understand what you meant here.
    He means this:
    2010 tournment in a nutshell:

That was in the past, now 2013 is the year of jinbe.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    He means this:
    2010 tournment in a nutshell:
    http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/223/wbfinals2010.gif

That was in the past, now 2013 is the year of jinbe.
    http://i.imgur.com/ofp1kSy.png
    nah, 2013 seems more like the year of doflamingo

p.s. I know what happened in 2010, and that gif too, i dont understand something else. I understand how that can affect someone who only likes wb, but not how someone who seriously likes him can lose joy of voting.

Thread Information