Closed Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: No new One Piece Chapters for 2 weeks - Oda hospitalized for infected tonsils

Default Re: No new One Piece Chapters for 2 weeks - Oda hospitalized for infected tonsils

Though it's an infection, I hope this will prompt Shuueisha to forget about asking him to collaborate in other OP-related works.

Default Re: No new One Piece Chapters for 2 weeks - Oda hospitalized for infected tonsils

Get better Oda! I agree that he should take longer pauses. These 2 weeks will do him good. :)

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Can't he have like someone stand in for him, and he obviously has the final say on it and all that? It shouldn't be entirely dependent on him, he should be able to delegate more right? But thne i got no clue how the manga business works...soo
    i don't think it works that way...there is something called quality control,which will never be maintained with his assistants doing the job...every big manga artist has his signature drawing...team members adds their contribution to it in various form like shadowing,background,sometimes side characters etc. etc.(all my knowledge is from Bakuman though..)

well,he definitely has 3-4 chapters in his hand.....but it seems authors like to work with that cushion...that's why whenever they fall ill,mangas go on break..

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Dang that sucks, i wish him well. Better get out the vodka i suppose, with nothing but naruto and bleach for the next two weeks im gonna need it (although toriko will soften the blow)
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

It has a SUPER flavor Jet Gatling's Avatar

If he loses his tonsils, I'm calling it, ICE CREAM LOGIA! In all seriousness though, get well, hmm, I wanna say soon but I don't wanna make it sound like I want him to get better just so he can continue making new chapters. How about, get well at your own pace? :)

Really sad that this happened again. Hope he gets well soon.

There is no hope for Fairy Tail

Get well soon, Oda.

Shueisha really needs to let Oda rest for a while.

Get well soon Oda!

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    well,he definitely has 3-4 chapters in his hand.....but it seems authors like to work with that cushion...that's why whenever they fall ill,mangas go on break..
    The print schedule is three weeks ahead of the reader. The artist is not. The three weeks they're ahead of the reader is not a buffer, that's just how long it takes to print and ship. (And why we get leaks almost a week early.) In truth they're almost always going up to the edge of the deadline.

(I imagine a gag manga like Kochikame can have a couple standby chapters built up, but the ongoing stories really can't.)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    For real.

From an earlier interview:

In a previous interview, Oda once described his usual workday: "I get up at 5am, and I work until 2am. It's normal for me to sleep from 2am to 5am." He added, "I have no days off. If I had them, I'd want to go on vacation with my family. I just want to go outside, it doesn't matter where. See, I don't get out much."
    Damn, I knew he worked hard, but I didn't know he worked THAT hard. He really needs to take a good, well-deserved rest. I can go without One Piece for a while if it means he'll get better and enjoy some time for himself. Get better soon, Oda-sensei, and take it easy !

Get well soon Oda.
    Successful negro doesn't need a signature.

Get well Oda and take a good rest.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

Hope he gets well soon

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Get well soon Oda!

The print schedule is three weeks ahead of the reader. The artist is not. The three weeks they're ahead of the reader is not a buffer, that's just how long it takes to print and ship. (And why we get leaks almost a week early.) In truth they're almost always going up to the edge of the deadline.

(I imagine a gag manga like Kochikame can have a couple standby chapters built up, but the ongoing stories really can't.)
    umm...i get it ...that means the chapter that was supposed to be for this week was submitted 3 weeks ago....then if he does 1 chapter/week,Oda has submitted 2 more chapters in between...but if they publish those,by the time Oda recovered they would run out of chapters for 2 weeks...so a break would be inevitable anyway...

Argh. Poor Oda!

The anime better go on a break too at this rate. Maybe soon we'll have one page of a chapter per episode....

I remember that I had to do a tonsils surgery when I was eight. Even with ice cream it was really frustrating to not be able to talk normally for some time.
    Hoping Oda gets better and change his habits and manage to change his break times.

Get well soon, Oda!!

Get well soon, Oda.

BTW
    Can we change the title name in the correct illness?

Please get well, Oda. Hope he gets lots of rest and relaxation.

By this time I guess Oda has already recovered and continue to draw Chapter 710.

Do your best, Oda.

Wow, that really sucks. Tonsil infections are no fun; add a hospital stay to that equation and it's just living hell.

Get well soon and have some well-deserved R&R, Oda-sensei!

Closed Thread

Thread Information