Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: No new One Piece Chapters for 2 weeks - Oda hospitalized for infected tonsils

Default Re: No new One Piece Chapters for 2 weeks - Oda hospitalized for infected tonsils

Man everyday I see people who never smoked or drank dying suddenly, it's just fucked up. Oda should really get himself together. Doesn't matter the japanese vitality smoking and alchohol will kill you.

Default Re: No new One Piece Chapters for 2 weeks - Oda hospitalized for infected tonsils

Get well soon bud. Hospital visits from your family are what I'm hoping for. You'll get many things all at once: rest, family visits, time to gather your head. Hope it isn't too painful.
    Last edited by Demonicpoodle; May 21st, 2013 at 06:29 AM. Reason: thank you

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    For real.

From an earlier interview:

In a previous interview, Oda once described his usual workday: "I get up at 5am, and I work until 2am. It's normal for me to sleep from 2am to 5am." He added, "I have no days off. If I had them, I'd want to go on vacation with my family. I just want to go outside, it doesn't matter where. See, I don't get out much."
    Wow. A victim of his own success. I hope he gets plenty of rest over the next few weeks. It'll suck having no chapters but....still he needs time off..

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

Get well soon Oda!!! I think the guy needs a serious break, he's getting ill a lot recently. I wouldn't mind a years hiatus if it saved Oda from overdoing it and hospitalizing himself!!! My thoughts are with you Sensei!!

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

Oda comes off as someone who can't say no and consequently does too much. Dedication to one's craft and all is great, but he should always put his health first and find a better balance between the two. I'm sure it's possible. Hope he recovers nicely from this.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I was completely shocked when I heard the news....infected tonsils??

Oda, I wish you a speedy and smooth recovery. (man, you work hard). :[
    Last edited by MetaMario; May 21st, 2013 at 06:24 AM. Reason: oh god the forums will dissolve into anarchy, we can't survive even one week

I'll be praying for you, Oda.

Get well soon! ;_;

Btw, like a few others here, I also think that he needs to take a break from doing one piece for a bit and come back when he is in tip top shape.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/18/20)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

Does this mean no OP this week? Or no OP next week and the one after? Of course i wish Oda all the best, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Does this mean no OP this week? Or no OP next week and the one after? Of course i wish Oda all the best, as well.
    No OP this week or the week after that, I assume.

Get well soon Oda-sensei. I hope nothing horrible happens to him in the long run 'cause those frequent bouts of illness could be an indication of a slowly deteriorating immune system due to smoking, drinking and stress: the unholy trinity for your health. I really dread being caught in an Eternal Mangaka Missingan jutsu with the Infinite Fanficyomi if One Piece isn't completed. For the sake of his loved ones he should consider quitting at least his chain-smoking habit and for Eneru's sake, get more rest. I really don't care if OP doesn't end before 20 years. I guess the bed rest will be more than welcome and well-deserved after fueling our own addiction so consistently for such a long time. I would love to be cheering you on a la Bon Clay, Oda-sensei, but I'm sure that my screams of "ganbare" (?sp) at your door will only worsen your condition, with me ending in one of those excellent Japanese prisons if I'm lucky. But here goes anyway: Ganbare (?sp) Oda-sensei, Ganbare (?sp).

so this weekly jump is out ready for distribution.hard to believe that spoilers will not be out before 2 weeks.considering that people as Nja has the chapter already(and maybe T as well,and also the guy who gives the raw to CCC)

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Oda comes off as someone who can't say no and consequently does too much. Dedication to one's craft and all is great, but he should always put his health first and find a better balance between the two. I'm sure it's possible. Hope he recovers nicely from this.
    He strikes me as someone who simply can't say no to things he is passionate about.
    Shuueisha will have to back off with non-manga related workloads after this.

I doubt majority of posters here realize exactly how much is on Oda's shoulders in Japanese market.
    Fall of Oda Eiichiro would cause a massive domino effect, and catastrophic damage to various markets, not just manga.
    OP as a franchise has become "too big to fall".
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; May 21st, 2013 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Thank god that tool got banned... this time, can we please keep him banned? I don't even know why he was allowed back.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Wow. A victim of his own success. I hope he gets plenty of rest over the next few weeks. It'll suck having no chapters but....still he needs time off..
    When that interview was released he was working in both the manga and the movie so yeah that was probably his schedule then. Two years before that he said that he works Monday through Saturday. Anyways the guy needs a serious rest. I hope his wife refrains him from everything One Piece related for those two weeks so he can experience at least the shadow of a normal life. Get well Oda!

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Smoking and drinking are two major elements that worsen the symptom of this illness.
    Which both Oda is heavy on.

He should take a month off, not just two weeks. And try to quit both of the above.
    stress-buster i guess...but he can't help it much with the pressure he works on and will be working for another decade at least....

Awww, poor guy. I hope he gets well soon.

Can't he have like someone stand in for him, and he obviously has the final say on it and all that? It shouldn't be entirely dependent on him, he should be able to delegate more right? But thne i got no clue how the manga business works...soo

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Oda comes off as someone who can't say no and consequently does too much.
    In other words, Oda is Japanese. That mentality doesn't go away just because you have money.

Disappointed about the break, but i guess there's a price to pay if you want a #1 manga. Hope he gets that vacation, and marijuana would be a much better alternative to cigarettes and alcohol. :3
    Veni, Vedi, Vici.

hope he'll gets well soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    He strikes me as someone who simply can't say no to things he is passionate about.
    Shuueisha will have to back off with non-manga related workloads after this.

I doubt majority of posters here realize exactly how much is on Oda's shoulders in Japanese market.
    Fall of Oda Eiichiro would cause a massive domino effect, and catastrophic damage to various markets, not just manga.
    OP as a franchise has become "too big to fall".
    wow,really?
    i know onepiece is HUGE in Japan..but i didn't think it was THAT huge...

Poor Oda. His one flaw is that he's too dedicated. I hope this is the last time for a long time we hear about something like this. I hate worrying about his health.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Closed Thread

Thread Information