Closed Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: No new One Piece Chapters for 2 weeks - Oda hospitalized for infected tonsils

Default Re: No new One Piece Chapters for 2 weeks - Oda hospitalized for infected tonsils

I understand Oda needs a break, and he definitely deserves it, but infected tonsils shouldn't take 2 weeks in a hospital. You can surgically remove them and probably have to sleep in the hospital for about 1-2 days.. I have personal experience in this matter, I know.. unless its some type of rare infection that they would have to give a heavy dosage of antibiotics before they can do an operation. Either way, an infection in the tonsils wouldn't take 2 weeks of hospitalization. He should jut be honest and say I'm going on vacation, which he truly deserves.

Default Re: No new One Piece Chapters for 2 weeks - Oda hospitalized for infected tonsils

He's not going to be in the hospital for anywhere near two weeks. No one (who would know) actually said that was he case. Most of that time will be spent resting at home while he deals with the pain (supposedly there will be a lot of it) and makes sure he properly gets over it.

I am imagining Oda spending his recovery time watching/reading a plethora of diverse and obscure materials and rubbing his hands together maniacally thinking of how he will add elements epically to his master plan...

I am glad it's something treatable, and I hope he takes good care of himself and that he is able to take a break to recover.

is there any way we could actually persuade/contact Oda to take a break?
    i'd be totally down for him doing so and the innocuous voices to no one saying "take a break Oda-san!!" in this thread are of course fairly useless

i feel one piece has probably got another 10 years until its completion, so even if he took a 1 year break he'd still finish by the time he's 50 (although who knows what effect the cigs are going to have on his health in the upcoming years)

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    When i read about oda's daily schedule, i can only wonder what togashi's schedule is like.
    I imagine it's pretty brutal as well along with the fact that he's frequently ill, not to mention getting morbid rumors of him dead or dying from anything ranging to the flu all the way to cancer. Really scary stuff to hear.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    is there any way we could actually persuade/contact Oda to take a break?
    i'd be totally down for him doing so and the innocuous voices to no one saying "take a break Oda-san!!" in this thread are of course fairly useless

i feel one piece has probably got another 10 years until its completion, so even if he took a 1 year break he'd still finish by the time he's 50 (although who knows what effect the cigs are going to have on his health in the upcoming years)
    For me that's the big one. In an ideal universe, Oda quits smoking, gets at LEAST gets 5-6 hours of sleep(the recommended minimum), and starts a simple workout morning routine of 10 push-ups, sit-ups, and jumping jacks along with a healthy diet every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Smoking and drinking are two major elements that worsen the symptom of this illness.
    Which both Oda is heavy on.
    I remember seeing the full ashtray on his desk on a picture, but I never heard that he's a heavy drinker. Where does it say that?

who gave 2 stars two this thread?

I wouldn't mind if Oda have to take a break for 2 months. This guy deserves some real holiday.
    Last edited by Ashura_KingFisher; May 23rd, 2013 at 12:01 AM.
    Your signature has exceeded the maximum size limit of 100 kb for this forum. Please read the rules.

An official apology from Oda.

http://www.shonenjump.com/j/information/odacomment-html

「ONE PIECE」作者・尾田栄一郎先生から読者の皆様への休載に関するメッセージ

不覚です!
    少々我慢しすぎて事態を悪化させてしまいました。
    続きを楽しみにしてくれている読者の皆様と、
    暴れるのを楽しみにしている麦わらの一味の皆様に、
    多大な迷惑をおかけしております。
    ただ今痛ェ治療を続けております。
    次回せっかく新展開なのに、早く読んで欲しい気持ちで
    いっぱいです。少年達の2週間がどれ程長いか承知してます。
    ちょっと待っててください。
    尾田栄一郎

Can someone translate it, please?
    With google trans, seems like he is back to work now.

Thanks, kaze.

Dude appologizes for getting sick O.o

This man deserves a humanitarian award just for existing.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

A message from the author, Oda Eiichiro sensei, to all his readers, regarding One Piece's hiatus

This is a real blunder!
    I tried enduring a bit too much, but that just made the problem worse.
    To you, the readers who are looking forward to the rest of the story,
    and to the Strawhat crew, who are looking forward to more rampaging and going wild,
    I've really done you wrong.
    At the moment, I'm undergoing some painful treatment.
    With long-awaited developments coming up in the story next time [next chapter?], I can't wait to have everyone read it.
    I full-well acknowledge just how long two weeks can seem to young boys [he uses "shonen" here].
    Just hang in there for a bit.
    Oda Eiichiro

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    With long-awaited developments coming up in the story next time [next chapter?]
    Oda Eiichiro
    oda is going to make it up to us
    Croco D. Ile yeah i said it :P

A message from the author, Oda Eiichiro sensei, to all his readers, regarding One Piece's hiatus

This is a real blunder!
    I tried enduring a bit too much, but that just made the problem worse.
    To you, the readers who are looking forward to the rest of the story,
    and to the Strawhat crew, who are looking forward to more rampaging and going wild,
    I've really done you wrong.
    At the moment, I'm undergoing some painful treatment.
    With long-awaited developments coming up in the story next time [next chapter?], I can't wait to have everyone read it.
    I full-well acknowledge just how long two weeks can seem to young boys [he uses "shonen" here].
    Just hang in there for a bit.
    Oda Eiichiro
    Thanks for the translation CCC.

Really nice comment from Oda, nice of him to send a personal message about it. Makes me pretty hyped for the next chapter, I'm gonna have a wild guess that the long-awaited development in the story next chapter, is Doflamingo's powers being officially revealed or something at Green Bit.

Oh dear. What sort of speculative storm hath I wrought?

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Dude appologizes for getting sick O.o

This man deserves a humanitarian award just for existing.
    This so much this and he tried to endure the pain instead of went to doctor, now i'm realy worried when a similar case happens again.
    Oda-san health always comes first.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Thank you thank you thank you CCC. Is it bad that I'm more excited for the next chapter than the very fact that Oda would apologize for BEING SICK? lol

I'm very broke right now but I'm gonna buy another One Piece manga volume just for that apology, Oda.

YOU "hang in there" Oda, lol. *presses fingers into temples trying not to worry about him*

It is posible that he will make the next chapter longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    I'm very broke right now but I'm gonna buy another One Piece manga volume just for that apology, Oda.
    You know what that is an awesome gesture - I think I will buy the first volume for a friend who hasn't read it as well thanks for the idea.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Oda is clearly talking about Monet being on the ship!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Oda is clearly talking about Monet being on the ship!
    Nah.. It's Vergo.

Anw.. It's good to see Oda's message. I feel better now.

Closed Thread

Thread Information