+ Reply to Thread
Page 218 of 219 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 4380

Thread: Kingdom

Default Re: Kingdom

Bah. I've come to look at it as a rule of the Kingdomverse. It's a quotas thing : scouting positions are reserved to soldiers who are either deaf, blind, mentally challenged, or, preferably, all three at once. As a consequence, no-one ever sends scouts round the battlefield because they want to keep their quotas filled, and also due to some fundamental flaw in the tactical academics. Furthermore, the stealth score of a group is directly proportional to its headcount. In fact, there are rumors of 30,000 men armies becoming entirely invisible. The skill extends to physically gifted individuals with battle prowess equivalent to at least 1,000 men. Case in point : Houken.

See ? If you accept these simple rules, it all makes sense in the end
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

But it's not like you can send scouts behind enemy lines and expect them to freely report sightings back and forward without getting caught. Not to mention the battle wasn't even supposed to start before Qin side was complete. Moubu just took charge without waiting, and then the enemy did the same. And now we have an army coming from inside the Chu territory, seen from a distance which is like completely opposite from enemy general riding into enemy HQ undisturbed and chopping off enemy general's head and running off equally undisturbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Oh, I agree, objectively it's not nearly as bad as the Riboku Deep Strike. Anyway, at some point during the Gyou arc I kinda stopped caring about the way armies move in Kingdom, or possibly about their views on strategy at large. Plot and shock value are apparently the only element that consistently carry any weight, but why not as long as the ride is enjoyable? So far this new one seems to promise more entertainement, so I'm fine with whatever it takes to get there (Can't even care to remember how Qin seized Gyou in the end, that's how invested I am in the manga these days )
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    From inside Chu's territory, which is the opposite direction of where Qin came from. And they didn't just show up right in the middle of the battlefield (and cut off Moubu's head).
    Ah I didn't mean to imply that both scenarios were equally as bad. Or that the Chu reinforcements could be seen in a bad light at all. But if we want to analyze it a bit...

The scene reminded me of that, not because of how bullshit it was, but because 30k troops were mobilized and literally appeared in the battlefield without anyone, not even Chu being prepared for it. There could be a variety of reasons. Like the Chu avengers being their own generals moving on their own. However...and funny how things have flipped in terms of our position on it...

Having scouts behind enemy lines does not seem to be an issue. Just recently we saw Ou Sen scouting out Gyou deep within enemy lines. Mou Bu had set camp on his position, we do not know how many days his troops were there. Also to note, that Ma Kou did that entire elaborate wave attack as to not allow Riboku's scouts to understand fully what was going on with the Qin's left side. As in he mobilized a large amount of troops in segments as to not get discovered. Or how about when Qin was setting off for Retsubi and Riboku pretty much knew almost exactly when Qin changed directions.

That's on a battlefield level. If we consider that the top brass gave out the order to the avengers to mobilize. We've been told time and time again that pretty much every state has a spy of another state in their kingdom.

Again, I wasn't comparing the scenarios 1-1. Riboku's strike even though I understood how it worked, we agreed that Ma Kou and Ou Sen would have failed basic tactics class.

So with this scenario, it's not as bad. But the fact that 30k troops can show up and be SUPRISE SUCKAS, didn't expect us! Makes me think that anybody can show up. Like if Shin showed up, I'd be yup, seems about right. Wei? Obviously. Han?! Why not? Everyone seems to wants this city.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

https://sensescans.com/reader/read/k.../60/652/page/1

Spoiler:
    Why it's Gohomei and Bane!

Let's fucking Goooooooooooo...homei.

Greatest moment in the chapter.
    Spoiler:
    Rokuomi's death gag continues

So many great reactions in 1 chapter. Hara did so well here.
    Spoiler:

I like how the Chu guys are depicted as complete maniacs who lust for battle. I just can't be bothered to remember who the latest 2 are, though (those "Karin" sent). Who's Karin by the way ? General Monster Woman we saw a couple times, I guess ? I really should pay more attention.
    It's funny how much the chapter echoes last week's discussion, with yet another ten thousand-strong army popping up unnoticed. I stand by my earlier thesis on scouting.
    Last edited by Seafarer33; September 4th, 2020 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    I like how the Chu guys are depicted as complete maniacs who lust for battle. I just can't be bothered to remember who the latest 2 are, though (those "Karin" sent). Who's Karin by the way ? General Monster Woman we saw a couple times, I guess ? I really should pay more attention.
    It's funny how much the chapter echoes last week's discussion, with yet another ten thousand-strong army popping up unnoticed. I stand by my earlier thesis on scouting.
    I think they were at the coalition fight where Moubu defeated Kanmei. Also Karin (yes, the huge woman) is the new supreme commander of Chu afaik, after Kanmei died. She has brains too it seems.

Place your bets. Who is dying first? Did I hear a fifteen bucks on Rakuomi?

https://sensescans.com/reader/read/k.../60/653/page/1

I really cracked up at the last panel and would like for Rokuomi to make it out alive just for that. Don't see that happening though as one big Qin guy has to fall here and I don't see that being Moubu or Tou.

Lol at that page where Ranbihaku's angry head pops in. Like what's his problem already? He looks like he's drinking coffee like water.

Love the battlefield overview with all the important actors. And that one panel with a bunch of soldiers where you can clearly see which way they are flowing. Really well done.

And gotta say, enjoying this a lot. A lot if it has to do with unpredictability of some of the generals. They'll just do what they want.

Don't think Rokuomi will have further trouble with Ranbihaku, that last panel was played out as gag more than anything.

https://sensescans.com/reader/read/kingdom/en/60/654/page/1

Spoiler:
    Love the personalities of the Juuko generals. They make this arc for me.

They're cut above rest, to quote one sentence from the chapter.

Did anyone put money on Bakai?

No? Okay.

Not me, not Chu.

Oh, earlier than expected. Checked sense out of boredom.

Spoiler:
    Not gonna lie, I really enjoy this arc, even though all the main characters from both sides are pretty much guaranteed to survive.

But in this chapter alone Gohoumei showed more tactical brilliance then Riboku and Ousen combined at the Shukai Plain. And its still funny how completely out of his depth Mouki is at the moment.

Interesting so far, but somehow my heart's not into it. I almost wish the Hi Shin would show up out of nowhere

NEW CHAPTER IS OUT

Spoiler:

So its the same scenario like during the previous arc with two simultaneous attacks on the opposing HQs, only a lot better done. And noone is bothing with the Qin HQ, which is really quite telling.

Also, Moubu really has underestimated his opponent, probably because he had for a long time fought noone physically on the same level as himself. Obviously he will survive and maybe even win the duel and kill Man'u, but without MC plot armour getting dehorsed like that shouldnt end well for him.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information