+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 212 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 4222

Thread: Kingdom

Default Re: Kingdom

actually would be nice if ouhon would get command of the wing, and shin has learn to swallow his pride and follow orders (and even doing better then those orders)

To everyone's surprise, the author will pull a Ippo. Next chapter Shin, Ouhon and Kyokai are permanently crippled in battle and go on to live their lives as peasants. The manga becomes the story of how Riboku proceeded to conquer Quin and unify all 7 kingdoms.

(Come on! Ever since this Zhao conquest started it seems every other chapter something horribly backfires on the Quin armies. Are they ever going to achieve anything at all at this rate ?)
    Last edited by Seafarer33; April 19th, 2018 at 01:02 PM.

Guessing Hara felt that with Mouten turning the tables on Riboku on qin's left wing and Ouhon and Shin proving themselves capable on the right that things were going too swimmingly for Qin, so felt like he really needed to artificially raise the stakes by

- having all of Heki's food burn
    - having Zhou food supplies outlast Qin food supplies
    - fucking over the Akou army

Overall the pace of this battle just feels very uneven when you get some interesting shit happen and then whatever momentum gets built up gets smothered a few chapters later.

I dislike the author telling us in advance that stuff is about to backfire for the QIN
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

I think Riboku's talk with whatshisface alone would have been enough to bring some suspension.

This way, might as well say "things will backfire for Qin for a while, but then they'll recover somehow".
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    I dislike the author telling us in advance that stuff is about to backfire for the QIN
    Same here, it will take away heavily from the impact whenever things start to go south...
    We all float down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Same here, it will take away heavily from the impact whenever things start to go south...
    It is for only creating some 'tension'.Eventually Qin will turn the tides, that's the fate.
    I don't dislike it, but i feel it unnecessary.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Liked this chapter. Shin was less dumbfounded by everyone and more focused and composed.

I liked the chapter and the banter between the two units. Somehow for quite a while these interactions felt more funny or meaningful then the One Piece ones.

With the proper fighting starting, next chapter will probably be boring/uneventful and I expect only the week afterwards to have some new development. Obviously, the huge downside of the Qin plan is that Akou has to hold back three divisions on his own. Sure, he may have been in a strong defensive position, but somehow the Qin side seems to have forgotten that he not only has to repulse them but also keep them busy.
    It would be pretty fatal if two Zhao divisions pin him down and someone like Bananji goes around and falls into the back of Ouhon and Shin just as they are going for Gaku_eis head.

I wonder if that is roughly what Riboku is planning, or if he does somehting will all his surplus numbers being lazy in the center.

I PREDICT ouhon will need to go support akou and shin will get to slay his man
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Are we on a break week also because of golden week
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I PREDICT ouhon will need to go support akou and shin will get to slay his man
    Ok, then I predict it's going to be reverse. And Shin will get Bananji.

Not sure whether Akou lives or dies in the process. Maybe gets wounded? Just to make things a little different from the left wing.

http://sensescans.com/reader/read/ki.../51/557/page/1

Ah yes, I knew that orthopedics was the solution.

Meh is all i can say... Totally meh
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Was hoping it was something more elaborate. And realistic.

And that it won't become completely useless once Bananji figures it out. Well, confirms what Riboku told him, anyway.

Where are the archers? What's the point of such an awesome defensive formation if you don't have archers picking off the chargers who are stopped in place?

Archers should be difficult to put in such formation.They can't be positioned in joint sections, as only strong infantry can cope with the pressure.Putting them at front will make them pretty useless.And finally if they were put at back, then there is good chance of their own men getting hit in the mille. Only from a high position like siege tower or mountain peak can they pin point the targets in this situation.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

All they need is to shoot over their own ranks to hit the enemy that is in the middle or back of the formation. So the first line of the attack can't be reinforced properly. That's certainly nothing unmanageable. You could almost say it is as simple as protecting the HQ from sudden ambushes.

It's not like the archers have to be planted into ground. They can move a lot easier than soldiers in full armor and tower shields.

This way, Akou is starting to seem less of an intelligent strategist and more of a one trick pony copycat.

Ideas on how Akou gets out of this?

New chap is out
    Let the beat build bitch

Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by They call me D View Post
    Ideas on how Akou gets out of this?
    He doesn't ? I've read the chapter but can't figure what exactly it is that we're seeing.
    Spoiler:
    Is this Akou pincered by both Bananji and Gyou'un on the last page ? And old man Gunei getting cleaved in 2 right before that ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information