Default Re: The Official First Annual DoFlamingo Invitational Rules Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    The Mera Mera?

.....I'll leave.
    maybe the mera mera no mi is a contestant and we can vote for it

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    The puppet guy from Naruto?
    :P Satori I mean, similar names I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by mpz777 View Post
    This is sort of a strange question, but I'm asking since the invitational is new. When we campaign, we can still uses older characters in them, right? Or are we making this a real challenge, so we don't have people campaigning by proxy, for example: "If you like this character (older character) vote for that character (new character)!"?
    I think those campaigns were generally pretty uncreative and bland before. They're not on the banned list but they do kind of suck generally since they can kind of apply to anyone depending on how loose you get. I'd say avoid them if possible and try to be creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Essam Ismail View Post
    Fine rules

But again a tournament with out old characters is a joke !! Are we getting the original one after this? Still unclear for us
    Rule number ONE.
    01) As you may have already noticed, we're doing things a little totally differently this year; Oda's inspired us to try something new this time around. We've been doing these again for several years now and the staff tends to get burned out doing the same thing year in and year out. Doubtless, there will be people who don't care for this, but at least give it a chance. So let's not have threads that are nothing but complaints about the format or selection of characters, alright?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Lets hope the best for this new changes

Robby can I suggest Tommyrod or Grinpatch to participate in filler match pleaseeeeee
    That's some real conversation for your ass

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I think those campaigns were generally pretty uncreative and bland before. They're not on the banned list but they do kind of suck generally since they can kind of apply to anyone depending on how loose you get. I'd say avoid them if possible and try to be creative.
    Alright, glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. I'm hoping most of the campaigns will be strongly focused on the newer characters. If we're trying something new we might as well go all or nothing, and really highlight what make a lot of the newer characters unique and interesting.
    Current Trophy Rank: Lv 14-37%
    Gambit

Nintendo ID: MPZ777
    Feel free to friend request me. Just let me know your from AP Forums.

the answer is vintage meme zachri's Avatar

Pump up the fire.
    I shall win this and become...
    Flamestache.

#SWAGLETON

Discount Superman Lazy Ass Justice's Avatar

Still slightly confused about 08 on Rule 7. Does this mean we can't use non-One Piece images in general, or just from other franchises?Also, loving the new rules. This means we won't get that FREAKIN' Moria panel every goddamn thread. I doubt we'll ever escape it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Ass Justice View Post
    Still slightly confused about 08 on Rule 7. Does this mean we can't use non-One Piece images in general, or just from other franchises?
    You can use things from other sources, but I don't want pages full of nothing but, say, Naruto images or the like.

Well, except in the related Filler match anyway.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Essam Ismail View Post
    Robby can I suggest Tommyrod or Grinpatch to participate in filler match pleaseeeeee
    I have no idea who those people are.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So I can use a variety of campaigns for Sexy Legs? HELL YEAH!

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Okay, I understand the not liking "if you like this old character then vote for this new character". But I have a question, many scan images from the manga will have Luffy in it, esp ones with Cavendish. Does that fall under that? say some thing like =

Vote for Beard Envy
    Hidden:

That's actually creative and took some work and had an actual common element. That's fine.

YAY! hhehe I'm glad to be able to use it...now I need to really color something for Barto!

more importantly...it has a moustache! Shaggy and no where as stylish as Doberman or Momonga but its still a 'stache. Maybe that would be enough to win Nolus' support... I can't remember who all (besides Lucy who is not eligible) who ahs a beard or 'stache. I need to go to check that out for the competition ...

dang forgot Da Eggman has a wild 'stach! for beard/'stach combo, Lao G, Machvise, & "Mr.Store", Maynard, HAck, Lepardo, The old man that hates Garp's blood , and more... more than I remember! XD It's like half of the named contestants!
    Last edited by Katzztar; May 14th, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

If I'm new my votes will count?
    That's the reason I finally register in the first place
    Last edited by ShadowTassadar; May 15th, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTassadar View Post
    If I'm new my votes will count?
    That's the reason I finally register in the first place
    New members can not vote or make new threads (to discourage cheating, dupe accounts, and spambots.) However, post regularly and your account will be upgraded after a while.

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Default Re: The Official FADI and 2013 APCT Rules Thread

Hi,
    Who do I PM if I want to suggest filler matches?

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    Hi,
    Who do I PM if I want to suggest filler matches?
    Moderators of this Forum

Ubiq, Kitsune Inferno, Dryish, Silverblade, Gekko135, Steven D. Teach, Jabra, Nia, akagami7
    Anyone of us, basically. We do already have some plans, but we always welcome fresh new ideas with open arms.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Hi, I have a question:

Can I use a site as campaign? (the site is mine and it doesn't contain material that breaks the rules)

Thread Information