+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Season 2013

Default NFL Season 2013

Today a new year of NFL Football begins. We've had the new schedules for about a week, and tonight is the draft! (Which I will sort of be watching; once the Chargers pick I will only kind of be paying attention. Anyone else?)

Granted we still have about 6 months till the season starts proper, but only 4 till training camps begin! And things are already crazy: Revis to Tampa? ("Jets sign suicide note" read the headline in my mind.) Thus it seemed appropriate to get a new thread up.

And, just to throw this out there, The AP Fantasy Football League will be returning. Everyone who participated last year will get an insta-invite to come back, and I am opening it up to more members, because I know X was interested, and I'm sure others will be.

But yeah, welcome to the 2013 NFL Season, may the odds be ever in your team's favor.

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Default Re: NFL Season 2013

Time for the Ravens to begin the defense of their title. Unfortunately I'll have to wait all night to see them pick, and chances are they'll just trade out like they always do. But still, looking forward to seeing where players fall and if the 1st round goes without a QB picked for the first time since 1996.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And so it begins...

It's on!

That's one big boy taken #1 overall, hope your Chargers have fun getting by him Nex.

Tampa got Revis and Goldson. Two Pro Bowl O-linemen are returning after missing the season with injuries. Young players on both sides of the field have had another year of experience and growth. The coach is entering his second year after changing some things up on the team.

Yeah, I am cautiously optimistic. I feel good about where the team is heading, but you just can't ever know for sure until you see the team on the field. Can't wait.

And I am watching the draft, but when my team doesn't have a top pick, I am not too interested lol I usually barely make it through the first round if that is the case haha

Looking at the list of Oakland Raider first round picks. How can one team have so many first round busts?

The Words Best Detective Death-T's Avatar

Wonder what my Falcons are gonna do. Curious to see how the Chiefs will do with Alex Smith this year too.
    "You may call me whatever you wish, but I'm taking your cake."
    ~ L ~ D e a t h N o t e ~

Raiders traded away their 1st round pick. No surprise there.

Dion Jordan being taken? That's​ a surprise.

Liking the new Dolphins logo. Maybe it'll be the boost they need to challenge New England, cause we all know no one else in that division will.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Miami was the last team other then New England to win it, that one year when the Pats missed the playoffs despite 11 wins.

I always like seeing Kiper and company go on about how some dude is about to get picked... and then it doesn't happen lol

Apparently all the raiders got from Miami was the 12th and 42nd overall picks. What? That's an effing steal for Miami.

Whimmy Wham Wham Wozzle! bountyhunter's Avatar

Did not expect Fins to get Dion Jordan but I'm pretty happy with it! Plus they only had to give up one of their second rounders after swapping firsts.

Well I've tuned those guys out for good after Gruden said the Chiefs could overtake the Broncos.

Whimmy Wham Wham Wozzle! bountyhunter's Avatar

Do you not have NFL Network? Way more tolerable coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
    Do you not have NFL Network? Way more tolerable coverage.
    Fraid not, doesn't much matter though, i already know most everything about the players. So I can tune out the commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    Well I've tuned those guys out for good after Gruden said the Chiefs could overtake the Broncos.
    Even if they could they can't overtake my Bolts. We're gonna be back on top this year, baby! Fear the Lightning!

Quote Originally Posted by Nex View Post
    Even if they could they can't overtake my Bolts. We're gonna be back on top this year, baby! Fear the Lightning!
    I could believe this if Rivers can get back to his old form. Oddly enough all 3 big QBs from his draft class had a really bad off year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    I could believe this if Rivers can get back to his old form. Oddly enough all 3 big QBs from his draft class had a really bad off year.
    With the plague known as Turner and Smith cured in San Diego, Rivers will be back on top. Just look at what Mike McCoy was able to do with Tebow. My only concern is the O-Line. And, now that they only good tackles are gone, I'm hoping the Bolts actually trade down and get quantity here, then go for a tackle in free agency.

The Rams did a great job by getting Jake Long during the off season. I hope they can get Austin, since we need a wide reciever now since Armodela is with New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    The Rams did a great job by getting Jake Long during the off season. I hope they can get Austin, since we need a wide reciever now since Armodela is with New England.
    And there you go! Must feel good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information