View Poll Results: What will happen to the fruit?

Voters
808. You may not vote on this poll
  • Someone in the crew will eat it.

115 14.23%
  • The next nakama will eat it.

103 12.75%
  • It will be kept on the Thousand Sunny as a memento of Ace.

123 15.22%
  • Coby will eat it.

82 10.15%
  • Someone else will eat it/Something else will happen to it.

385 47.65%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 263 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 5241

Thread: What will happen to the Mera Mera no Mi?

Default Re: What will happen to the Mera Mera no Mi?

Quote Originally Posted by SanjiFan View Post
    Oh, didn't think of that. It's a bit unclear and I assumed it said meat lol
    For me it's HEAT... I would like to know what the symbol is onher shirt? Nami for Mera Mera user LOL xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Well, it was never shown that Luffy made his peace with losing Ace. Jinbe merely reminded him that there are still things worth living for (his friends).

So yeah, the fruit making an appearance allows Oda to give us a little insight on Luffy's current state of mind, no matter what actually happens to it.
    I still want to see Luffy's slightly shocked expression transition to "wait,you mean it wasn't MEAT?!" next week.
    Last edited by Sander; March 21st, 2013 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Well, it was never shown that Luffy made his peace with losing Ace. Jinbe merely reminded him that there are still things worth living for (his friends).

So yeah, the fruit making an appearance allows Oda to give us a little insight on Luffy's current state of mind, no matter what actually happens to it.
    For me, that´s the most interesting part of the Mera Mera reintroduction, Luffy´s reaction to it. It provides a great opportunity to show us how Luffy processed the trauma from 2 years ago. I mean we already got a hint here that he pretty much overcame it since he was able to talk freely about it but at the same time, we have this reaction. I don´t expect Luffy to forsake his friends, including Law, for the fruit (like DD seems to have planned) but i am still curious how he is gonna react once confronted with it.

I still wonder if,all things considered,it's logical for this fruit to have such a great sentimental value to him.

I mean,he saw his brother have it for...20 minutes tops?And he has no nostalgia for the fruit either.

Discovered Stowaway Jackermeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post
    I still wonder if,all things considered,it's logical for this fruit to have such a great sentimental value to him.

I mean,he saw his brother have it for...20 minutes tops?And he has no nostalgia for the fruit either.
    I don't know. He doesn't really have anything else that belonged to Ace. So... maybe it has at least some value to him
    "Fools with their eyes on dream treasures don't notice the REAL treasure all around them!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post

The same reason the dagger and hat are at his grave as well... brought by the WBs

Seriously the FireFist aka Mera Mera powers are what Ace was known for... Maybe it won't be THAT important for Luffy but it probably will have some value in remembering his older brother

Maybe vergo will come back to eat it. After what happened with law he does need a power up. Plus with his kicking fighting style and food theme(steak stuck on his face) he could become the perfect rival for Sanji.

Quote Originally Posted by Superspider View Post
    Maybe vergo will come back to eat it. After what happened with law he does need a power up. Plus with his kicking fighting style and food theme(steak stuck on his face) he could become the perfect rival for Sanji.
    As much as I'd like to see Vergo fight again, I doubt that he'll return. Not that I think he's dead. I'm guessing the next cover story will center around him and Monet after the destruction of the Doflamingo pirates.

Having someone current or future on the crew (or coby) eat it would be boring and serving as memento would be a waste. I hope someone else eats it, esp. a villain. It doesn't matter to me who, but it would interesting to see Luffy fight against someone who has his brother's powers and how he would react to it.

Quote Originally Posted by grunk View Post
    CoO and CoA are a result of training.. Sanji spent 2 years dodging and avoiding the Okama and therefore would have leveled his CoO more. He has been shown as weak in CoA as well.
    1-He was also fighting Okama for the 99 recipes. And we don't know how much time it took.
    2-He hasn't.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Sanji is considered more of a COO type as that is what he has mainly shown post TS. Also avoiding okamas was necessary for Sanji so it makes sense that he had to work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Стрелок View Post
    Sanji not getting the fruit: Strelok, Kishido,MiyamotoMusashi,SanjiFan,BlackLegEd,Jabra, Foxy The Silver Fox,NER.
    Sanji getting the fruit: ...

Relax, people. I am not forcing anyone to join. This is pretty similar to the Monet bet, but having a new topic just for the bet would be unnecessary.
    Haha people getting angry at your little bet. Cmon people were betting an avatar here. A small jpeg image in the corner resembling you. Since everyones on the other side there, I'll go for Sanji getting the mera mera no mi. :D

The arena is completely surrounded by water so someone without a devil fruit could easily win these matches in my opinion. Looks like its made specifically for them almost. So thats my backup for Sanji winning. Also crossing my fingers Zoro is too preoccupied!!

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Gold; March 21st, 2013 at 03:02 PM.

From your mouth to God's ear.

Sanji not getting the fruit: Strelok,MiyamotoMusashi,SanjiFan,BlackLegEd,Jabra, Foxy The Silver Fox,NER,onemoment,desa.
    Sanji getting the fruit: KiShiDo,ZuougZ,grunk,Gold.

Random fact: There are currently 13 people participating in the bet.

Remember that there is а penalty for the losers.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Aside from using blue walk once did Sanji even swim on FI?
    Um, yeah. For some reason I chose not to make clear, I left a link in my last post. He's clearing swimming after and with the mermaids, enjoying it immensely. It seems like something more people should factor in.

Quote Originally Posted by Стрелок View Post
    Random fact: There are currently 13 people participating in the bet.
    .....Screw it, make it 14.

Sanji will NOT eat the Mera Mera.
    Last edited by MetaMario; March 21st, 2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: ffs, we really have to bet about this now?

2014 Tournament Picks: Nami, Hancock, Vivi, Jinbei, Bartolomeo, Fujitora, Caesar
    3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic)

hand to hand combat (or,in this case,leg to leg) is pretty much useless for logias with good offensive (basically,every one except for smoker's one)..that's why luffy will never eat the mera mera no matter how people want him to do it...his entire combat style is based on brawl attacks..punch,kicks,headbutts,etc....having the mera-mera would render all this types of attacks obsolete

oh and that's the whole "he will explode" thing

Could Luffy's powers interfere with each other if he did eat the Mera? Luffy's body is constantly rubber. He doesn't activate it. Blackbeard doesn't get affected cause only the darkness fruit alters his body. He can just activate at will.

So if Luffy tried to turn into flame to avoid an attack, I would think that instead he'd just get a burning rubber smell.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    1-He was also fighting Okama for the 99 recipes. And we don't know how much time it took.
    2-He hasn't.
    1- It was mentioned that they were chasing him down the whole time and Okama kempo relies more on fluidity then strikes
    2- He hasn't even been shown using CoA, and couldn't even bear a short battle with an expert in it. He probably still has it but he couldn't even take out that door in PH.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Sanji...nd_Powers#Haki

"If freedom is outlawed only the outlaws are free.."
    "Bury me standin', 'cause I wont lay down.."

1-First time part of training was beat the crap out of the okamas to get the recipe while you are getting chase. The two where there. And we don't which he do most of the time.
    2-Vergo is an expert. Luffy himself who awaken the three and was practcing only that only got time to learn the basics. And he was hurt by the way and was holding his ground.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    1-First time part of training was beat the crap out of the okamas to get the recipe while you are getting chase. The two where there. And we don't which he do most of the time.
    2-Vergo is an expert. Luffy himself who awaken the three and was practcing only that only got time to learn the basics. And he was hurt by the way and was holding his ground.
    1) Okama kempo is based on dancing, so he would have had to level his COO to actually attack them as opposed to enhanced strikes.. I doubt many of them could take a few direct shots from regular Sanji kicks anyway.
    2) He wasn't really holding his ground if every other sho t broke one of his bones.
    Last edited by grunk; March 21st, 2013 at 08:35 PM.

"If freedom is outlawed only the outlaws are free.."
    "Bury me standin', 'cause I wont lay down.."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information