+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: General Fitness Thread

Default General Fitness Thread

Hey everyone,
    I realised that there isn't really a thread to talk about anything fitness/nutrition/health related, so I thought I'd make one.
    Feel free to discuss your workouts, nutrition plans, things you do to exercise for fun, articles, opinions about equipment , success stories ect.
    If you're new to the whole fitness world, feel free to ask questions about anything, I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

I just had my leg day yesterday, and I'm definitely feeling it today...oh boy, gotta love that feeling

Default Re: Do You Even Lift?

Right now I'm not working out because I believe my cardio is too rigorous to maintain anything. If anyone could prove me wrong, great. I'm gonna do a marathon in October, already cleared the half marathon.

Here's the schedule.
    Spoiler:

Start Date! 5/12/2013, exactly 140 days (20 weeks) until 9/29/2013, closest marathon date.
    Week Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu. Fri. Sat. Sun.
    1 Off 3M 4M 4M Off 3M 6M
    2 Off 3M 5M 3M Off 3M 7M
    3 Off Fartlek
    (4M)
    5M 3M Off 3M 8M
    4 Off Fartlek
    (4M)
    3M 4M Off 3M 10M
    5 Off 4-5 Hills
    5K-10K pace
    3M 4M Off 3M 12M
    6 Off 3-4 Long Hills
    5K-10K pace
    4M 6M Off 5M 5M
    7 Off 3 x Mile
    5K-10K pace
    3M 5M Off 3M 15M
    8 Off 6M 5M 6M Off 5M 7M
    9 Off 5-6 Hills
    5K-10K pace
    4M 7M Off 3M 18M
    10 Off 7M 6M 7M Off 6M 9M
    11 Off 4-5 Long Hills
    5K-10K pace
    5M 8M Off 3M 20M
    12 Off 3 x Mile
    5K-10K pace
    5M 8M Off 3M 10K Race
    (Or 10M)
    13 Off 6 x 880s
    5K-10K pace
    6M 8M Off 3M 22M
    14 Off 7M 5M 8M Off 5M 10K Race
    (Or 10M)
    15 Off 6 x 880s
    5K-10K pace
    6M 8M Off 3M 24M
    16 Off 4 x Mile
    5K-10K pace
    7M 10M Off 4M 10K Race
    (Or 10M)
    17 Off 5M 3M 5M Off 3M 26M
    18 Off 6M 5M 8M Off 4M 12M
    19 Off 5M 4M 6M Off 3M 12M
    20 Off Fartlek
    (5M)
    4M Off Off 2M RACE DAY!

Last edited by Demonicpoodle; February 28th, 2013 at 12:13 AM.

I lift food to my mouth.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Shit, are you psychic? I'm planning on dead lifting tomorrow...

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    I lift food to my mouth.
    Fatass.............

I'm actually really ambitious right now and aiming for Saint Silvester Marathon, not to win obviously, but just that I can prove myself that I can become a fair athlete, which was one of my childhood dreams.
    I started running but I was only able to keep 20 minutes running at 8km/h, now, after a month, I'm able to keep 20 minutes running at 11km/h (my treadmill's maximum speed is 12km/h); I'm aiming to be able by the end of march of begin able to run 30 minutes at 12km/h, let's see if I'll be actually able to do it.

I lift

unevenly.

I do 40 minutes of cardio on the upright bike everyday (well, 42 minutes. because my timer is an episode of a TV show), while simultaneously doing curls and stuff. Don't know anything about routines or technique, but my arms have gotten huge over the past year, and my legs are toned as hell, so I guess it's working.

I was on a huge lifting kick up until last summer, where I stumbled into this stupidly rare nervous condition/illness that left a lot of the muscle I had built up as a pile of lifeless goo. Over the past five months or so, I've regained almost all strength in my upper body and have gotten back to where I was before the illness. My legs are still a little weak, but good enough to probably start up a heavy routine. I'm really happy with what I've been able to do, but for whatever reason, I've developed this obessesion over the past year with turning myself into some kind of a monster, so I'm going to be joining a much better gym sometime around pay day and go from there.

My cardio is pretty lame, outside of shadowboxing. My leg strength still hasn't come back all the way yet, so I'm trying to think of ways to jumpstart it if possible.
    Last edited by Steven D. Teach; February 25th, 2013 at 11:31 PM.

I keep my body weak and subservient so that it can't overtake my brain. I inspire loyalty from it by disseminating confused apathy throughout my physical being.

The moshing process is an important part of this.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

it's really feking hot here, that's for sure

I need to do more leg, but I don't do much cardio. I was always slim and am looking to bulk up, not so much tone. I love putting shirts on and having them feel tighter. It means I AM bulking up. I was 140lbs before I began weight training in October. Now I'm 157, give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven D. Teach View Post
    I was on a huge lifting kick up until last summer, where I stumbled into this stupidly rare nervous condition/illness that left a lot of the muscle I had built up as a pile of lifeless goo. Over the past five months or so, I've regained almost all strength in my upper body and have gotten back to where I was before the illness. My legs are still a little week, but good enough to probably start up a heavy routine. I'm really happy with what I've been able to do, but for whatever reason, I've developed this obessesion over the past year with turning myself into some kind of a monster, so I'm going to be joining a much better gym sometime around pay day and go from there.

My cardio is pretty lame, outside of shadowboxing. My leg strength still hasn't come back all the way yet, so I'm trying to think of ways to jumpstart it if possible.
    Props to you for recovering after that! I know my motivation would be pretty low after something like that happened to me :s
    Which I guess it something I got to work on, I get really bored whenever I do cardio, so I'm usually trucking through it, any one have any tips to help with that?

Music, a book, a conundrum that needs to be thought about, etc.

I've been working out for the past year and a half; I work on upper body mainly and have been seriously neglecting my cardio and legs lately (though I plan to change that soon). I've come a very long way since entering the gym, being able to lift significantly more weight and push myself much farther than ever before. I also take supplements: lecithen, l-carnitine, megaman vitamins and whey protein.

When I come back from my next hitch offshore, I'm planning on working my legs again and adding cardio and abs to every work-out. I'm also going to practice swimming and push myself in the gym more, get some serious heavy conditioning in. I believe I have a good foundation at this point and now I'm ready to mold my body into its optimal form.

Best time to do so too, I'm nearing my prime.

it's really feking hot here, that's for sure

I'm only taking whey protein right now.

Do you lift to bulk up, Kenny, or to tone? I should work more on cardio and legs too. I do a bit of abs after every workout. Not so much to start getting a six-pack anytime soon lol (although I can feel the lil' ridges if I flex my abs) but still

For both.

Whenever I get the definition I want, I'll concentrate more on bulking up but continue to maintain my cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Fatass.............
    I'm closer to underweight, weirdly enough. Fatass in spirit doe.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

I'm lifting this fine bottle of Hardys Shiraz to my mouth. Tough work...

Side note: getting this image of gueta becoming some kind of emotionally crippled millhouse. Gueta smash!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also, this title should have the word 'bro' in it. And maybe a picture of a skinny Asian weightlifting. In fact lets just stop the pretence and rename it '9gag meme'.

I lift my feet when I walk.
    Sometimes.
    Usually just for stairs.
    Good thing we don't live in a bungalow or I'd be fat by now since the only other stairs other than out and about shopping and whatnot (tbh stairs were freaking heaven the other day walking around stairs were like... a release. idk) is at college and I gotta go up and down those ones (we're on the top floor there is the Ground floor, floor 1 and then the top floor floor 2 butyeah dem stairs...).

DON'T JUDGE ME.
    I'm a lazy computing student.

I'm at work, and sometimes I have to lift boxes....

At the moment I mostly do bodyweight workouts, paired with a half-assed keto diet. My time consuming internship ends in March so I'll have time to take both more seriously again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information