+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Katzztar's Korner

Default Re: Katzztar's Korner

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    Hey, Katzzar. I liked your Yassop-Vista theory.

But I'd like to comment on something... the "villagers" part. This is what Stephan says in his translation: <<Mother: Poor little fool...!
    You dream too much..
    Now listen up. If anything should happen to me, the villagers will... >>

So you can't really same it when it comes to this translation.
    Thanks for Stephan's translation. Maybe its me, but that still sounds like a distinction between her and the villagers, as if she separate from them. Maybe its just the nuances of translations, but I would think if she was part of the village she would say "rest off the village" or something to that effect. Do you have a link to that translation? Maybe if I read it in whole I would see it.

Okay, I finished coloring my line art of Cavendish and posted it on DeviantART. Its still early in the day so not gotten many comments yet, but one did stand out. This one I got said he just realized that Cavendish was a guy Guess the artwork was helpful after all!

Really liked what ya did with the background Katzz!

It adds to the "dreamy" vibe he supposedly gives off.

hiciste bien!~

LA LA LAAAAAA. LA LA LA LA!(-Dearly Beloved)

Thanks, I'm really happy with that background. I was hoping to create a background that played with his personality. Glad to hear some like it I played with several color combinations and their transparency in Paint.NET's render-clouds, then added a 2nd application of the render-clouds with a different color combination and altered the size/scale..

Katzztar get the mattres.

LOL *has a triple thick mattress thrown behind Tony* I'm honored that you used it as an avatar! Thank you for thinking its good enough for that! EDIT= LOL I just noticed WHAT it says under your name!
    Last edited by Katzztar; April 9th, 2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: just noticed comment under Tony's name XD

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    LOL *has a triple thick mattress thrown behind Tony* I'm honored that you used it as an avatar! Thank you for thinking its good enough for that! EDIT= LOL I just noticed WHAT it says under your name!
    Of course its good enough.

But i think its to good for my manvaries
    Spoiler:

Exploding ovaries/manvaries ... either way its high praise indeed! *bows* Thank you, my job is done!

First off, sorry about any formatting problems… I’mstill having trouble with it here at AP.For some reason, the site won’t let me use the enter bar to make paragraphs. Itsnot my keyboard as I can use it on other sites and when I type on home programs.And when I type out an entry elsewhere then copy/paste here at AP, it removesthe space between the paragraphs. So I will be using periods or dashes to markthe paragraph spacing.

Entry #4

Mushrooms vs DFs

The DevilFruits are the most popular and sure way to get powers in One Piece, but it is possible to get some power or suffer some side effect (ala Alice in Wonderland) that is temporary or permanent from some various mushrooms.
    1-Hypnosis Mushroom =not officialname Jango got his hypnotic powers after eating the cap of a mushroom that grewon his chin. = SBS#6 =
    D: Ummmm, about 1 - 2 - Jango: what's thatstriped thing on his chin?
    O: A mushroom.Before he ever became a pirate, he was a "wandering dancer". But business wasn't so good, so all he did was sleep. He didn't even take baths. And eventually a striped fungus grew from his filthy chin. He was so hungry, he tried eating the cap of the mushroom anyway, and it was disgusting! But he gulped it down anyways, and after that he somehow gained the ability to hypnotize people. Therefore, the striped thing on his chin is a "leftover mushroom".

-
    2-Poison Mushroom =Chopper had abad experience with a mushroom called "Amiudake”. Anyone who ingests the fungus will die an hour after consumption. = ch 143
    -
    3- Body Mushroom=Luffy ate that weird "Mushrooms Growing from the Body Mushroom" when he landed on Amazon Lily. = Body Mushroom (カラダカラキノコガハエルダケ, Karada kara kinoko ga haeru dake?,literally meaning "Mushrooms Growing from the Body Mushroom") is aspecies of mushroom that grows on AmazonLily. Luffy ate one thinking it was a Wairidrake. Appears in 514
    -

-

4-Laughing Mushroom = alt named Wairidrake. Going by Luffy's comments and actions, this one would cause people to have sudden laughter.

-
    5-unknown Mushroom = Luffy also ate another ‘strange mushroom’ while on Amazon Lily, this one made him angry all sudden, until he ate another Laughing Mushroom.

The laughing Mushroom and unknown mushroom were mentioned in Mentioned in514 (pg 13 at mangainn)
    Hidden:

Also unseen in the past Usopp ate a mushroom and had a bad trip. Okay it says he got sick after eating a mushroom but later when Nami was sick he said he never got sick. So I take it he never got an illness but had a bad reaction to eating a mushroom. Well having a bad trip is a bad reaction. So maybe it’s a normal psychedelic mushroom? Can't wait for Oda to mention some more mushrooms.

Last edited by Katzztar; August 18th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

I swear.... I never notice these things that you see Katzz. It's as if I'm not paying enough attention when I read. Now I'm excited to see more Mushrooms the next time they make an appearance in the series.

Fuck! Now I have the urge to go to YouTube and play the Mario theme.

hongos~!
    Last edited by 1PceXperience; April 18th, 2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: It'sa a ME!

LA LA LAAAAAA. LA LA LA LA!(-Dearly Beloved)

LOL! You can blame me for not having a life so I just sit around and read, read and read again XD
    Last edited by Katzztar; May 10th, 2013 at 04:04 PM.

Just to correct you, mushroom #2 isn't a 'Explosive Mushroom' but a poison one, as Dr Kureha even said. Dr Hiluluk exploded because of the chemicals he drank, that's why he said "Don't worry chopper, I won't die because of you mushroom"

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

You should just change the name really :p

Quote Originally Posted by Lorce View Post
    Just to correct you, mushroom #2 isn't a 'Explosive Mushroom' but a poison one, as Dr Kureha even said. Dr Hiluluk exploded because of the chemicals he drank, that's why he said "Don't worry chopper, I won't die because of you mushroom"

and

You should just change the name really :p
    Whoops... I was remember when Hilulik blew himself up and thought it was the mushroom. Irony is that I did edit the summary of it and take out the part that I thought it caused Hilulik's explosion after re-reading the chapter and description. But I forgot to change the bolded name. Thanks for correcting me, going to change it now...

As soon as I read the spoilers for ch 708, I had a scene come to mind. When I read the chapter, that mental image would not leave me until I made this=

Any updates from Katzztar?

Sorry Tony, I got no updates yet.
    Real life hit me, time to renew the rent or move out. They want to raise my rent by $100 so at first I was looking for a different place .... but they are even more expensive! So I had to talk to the office.. even though they are raising it by $100, my rent is still UNDER the market value! I managed to get them to agree to make it worthwhile for me to stay. They will be replacing all the flooring -both vinyl and carpet.

To get ready I got to arrange with a friend to help move the heavy stuff and of course the dreaded activity - cleaning the entire apt

so it would be a bit before I update. I will need to take breaks -can't stand up for long on these knees- so plan to do some work on an entry or two during that time. ...who knows I may be able to post in a week or two

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Sorry Tony, I got no updates yet.
    Real life hit me, time to renew the rent or move out. They want to raise my rent by $100 so at first I was looking for a different place .... but they are even more expensive! So I had to talk to the office.. even though they are raising it by $100, my rent is still UNDER the market value! I managed to get them to agree to make it worthwhile for me to stay. They will be replacing all the flooring -both vinyl and carpet.

To get ready I got to arrange with a friend to help move the heavy stuff and of course the dreaded activity - cleaning the entire apt

so it would be a bit before I update. I will need to take breaks -can't stand up for long on these knees- so plan to do some work on an entry or two during that time. ...who knows I may be able to post in a week or two
    I hope you get better then!

Yhanks ... I mean thanks

Been a while since I've posted. I'm finally over whatever crap got me sick. I still gotta clean up the apt though, I've renewed my lease and will be getting new tile and carpet, so basically all new flooring. Maintance said they are looking into buying a new toilet for me too since current one is always wet under the tank and is creating mold ... NOTHING is getting rid of it!

But never fear, I am working on two entries, one will cover my thoughts on the odd affects of devil fruits... you know you've heard the questions of "why do his clothes streach?" "How come a logia's clothes aren't burned/frozen off?" I want to cover those questions and what I think of "why does that happen?"

In the mean time I've done some coloring of Barto, one is for the upcoming tourney=
    Hidden:

Hey Katzztar! Are you still working on those two entries? I really love everything you made so far!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information