+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 133 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 2642

Thread: Steven Universe

Default Re: Steven Universe

Little Larimar instantly takes a spot on the best gems chart.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Pink Diamond just keeps becoming a worse person.
    Complicating things since 2009.

The first four episodes of the new season were great.

Spoiler:
    All four episodes had some really good character development. Rose buds was my favorite of the four episodes, mostly due to Steven and the Rose Quartz's reaction to each other. Pearl's fusion moment in Volleyball was a nice moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post

Pink Diamond just keeps becoming a worse person.
    I haven’t watched yet but I can agree on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I haven’t watched yet but I can agree on that.
    Oh, it gets worse.

Spoiler:
    Puts an entirely different spin on why the Diamonds were surprised to see Spinel and why they never thought to look for her.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Pink Diamond and her Pearl:

Great episodes!
    Spoiler:
    So hobo Jasper is a thing, and people wanted a redemption for the angry cheeto, pff. I like how MUCH Amethyst has grown, and also amazing that she likes being a teacher. Little Larimar is basically Gem Onion. Speaking of which not even crashing a roller coaster car into the sea, and it exploding is enough to damage the might Onion. The Zoomans still hate Ga-reg, still thirsty for that Ol' Universe charm. Chill Rose and Genki Rose are my favorite Rose's, but boy that episode was awkward.

Hold on...
    Spoiler:
    Pink P was a puppet for 8000 years?! Well, I guess Yellow D as right at laughing at 6000 years being nothing. Pearl fighting Pearl has awaken something in me. So Pink P got hurt because Pink Hulk D threw a temper tantrum, gee I guess we Spinel disappear the Diamonds supposed she got murderized. Well I henceforth will start addressing this space war criminal called Pink Diamond as it's supposed, guess it's wikipedia time to hunt for war criminals to nickname her.

Spoiler:
    Spinel was an attempt at a lion-proof ball but the Diamonds overlooked psychological trauma since they don't understand the concept.

So this is basically the moral of "Guidance", right?:

Hidden:

Hidden:

Me: oof, pity about Lapidot and the toxic history it's had within the fandom... well I'm glad I have THIS other ship that will never be toyed around with by the show!
    SU:F: I'm about to end this whole fan's fantasy.

brb bracing myself for the inevitable Spinearl vs Volleypearl (... that's what we're calling it right?) war(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    also, "Volleyball" is totally going to be the Wham Episode misappropriately misnamed to seem ostesibly non-serious while "A Very Special Episode" will be the inverse.
    ahahahahahaha I forgot about this TOTALLY FUCKING CALLED IT (now time to wait for the other one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

Spoiler:

Sure, add domestic violence to the pile. I'm echoing Steven in "what did she did now", the further we go back the worse she was, the day that she emerged she bathed in the blood of one thousand puppies?

The fact that the tag line of the series is that "we are fine", and that Steven is still hurting (not realizing that to get jasper to engage you need to meet her in her terms, that being useful and happy is better than change for change's sake, naively instinctively "improving" someone's elses careful plans has low success rate, stop puting someone else's feelings as priority over your own mental welfare, and that Rose Quartz can always be worse, and not facing it head on causes more problems)

Even tho, the weird point that the episode made before trying to reboot the pearls, if they had been closer to him, steven would have hurt them as well as per Volleyball's reaction, if it was trully an accident, why lean so heavily on the domestic violece angle, and if it was domestic violence, why paint Stephen in the same light?

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Spoiler:

Sure, add domestic violence to the pile. I'm echoing Steven in "what did she did now", the further we go back the worse she was, the day that she emerged she bathed in the blood of one thousand puppies?

The fact that the tag line of the series is that "we are fine", and that Steven is still hurting (not realizing that to get jasper to engage you need to meet her in her terms, that being useful and happy is better than change for change's sake, naively instinctively "improving" someone's elses careful plans has low success rate, stop puting someone else's feelings as priority over your own mental welfare, and that Rose Quartz can always be worse, and not facing it head on causes more problems)

Even tho, the weird point that the episode made before trying to reboot the pearls, if they had been closer to him, steven would have hurt them as well as per Volleyball's reaction, if it was trully an accident, why lean so heavily on the domestic violece angle, and if it was domestic violence, why paint Stephen in the same light?

Spoiler:
    There's a recurring theme in these episodes with Steven trying to repress/forget about Rose and Gem conflict but then having to face and accept their legacy to some degree.

So I'm willing to bet that this trend in coordination with Steven's new powers coming from duress/negative emotions means that Steven's character arc in Future might be about realizing and dealing with how, even though he's finally accepted that he is his own person, he now has to confront how he's inherited Rose's flaws which are surfacing now that he's running out of room to focus on other people's issues instead of his own. Which will probably make him go into his own existential crisis about whether his character arc meant anything, sort of like what happened when Garnet split when she found out Rose was Pink Diamond.

Future seems intent on challenging Steven's familiar ideals while also emphasizing how much main characters like Amethyst and Pearl have grown and are now helping people in their own unique ways like Steven did in the original series. So I expect Future's climax to revolve around Steven accepting help from others instead of the other way around like usual.
    Last edited by Count Mario; December 8th, 2019 at 03:33 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

"I wait for you, Luffy!" blackness662's Avatar

Fantastic start for Steven Universe Future.
    Everything I wanted for these episodes were there. :)
    Rebecca Sugar can really understand her fans.

Let's jope we will get more fusions as the show goes on.
    My wishlist:
    1. Peridot - Lapis Lazuli
    2. Bismuth - Any Crystal Gem
    3. Some new "Evil" (villain) fusion, besides the ones we already know (Ruby-Aquamarine)
    Last edited by blackness662; December 8th, 2019 at 03:56 AM.

Well put Count Mario. I agree with your analysis.

Spoiler:

I didn't like the emphasis made on Jasper's weird neck, like she was ready all the time to just summon her weapon and crush steven.

I did like that even if she's destructive, she's just there biding her time, and I hope they don't go the full road of making her a villain again. We'll know with the other villains and if they manage to pique her interest or if she decides to fight again for someone else.

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I think it's because you could argue that Pink is meant to be portrayed as someone who didn't intentionally tried to actively hurt/abuse Volleyball; it was just the outcome of Pink's temper tantrums. And maybe showing Steven doing the same thing shows how people can do bad things but not mean to or even outgrow those bad behaviors.

Kinda hit close to home given I personally have thrown some mean hissy fits, though I never hurt anyone, I have hurled things in a room and yelled excessively around those who love me.

From my view, this was meant to show that Pink was trying to actively change from who she used to be when she was younger. It's just I don't think the growth landed because we're missing that transition in Pink's life where she went from someone who was loud and threw temper tantrums to the person our Pearl knew her to be.

I'm having trouble quite pinpointing where his story is going, but maybe that in and of itself is the point. Curious to see where it goes.
    Last edited by Gizmo; December 8th, 2019 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    So this is basically the moral of "Guidance", right?:

Spoiler:
    Well, to be more precise, it's more like, while it can be good and enlightening to get out of your comfort and does ultimately have to be your decision and it shouldn't be forced by anyone else.

Anyway, great batch of episodes. Rebecca and the others still got it. Guidance and Volleyball were my faves.

Loved the first four episodes.
    Spoiler:
    Glad they addressed the Zoomans and Rose Quartz. I like Steven coming to terms with them and treating them like sisters.

I don't see Jasper becoming a villain again. I hope she shows up to help out in a crisis. And, yeah, the series can't end without a Peridot/Lapis fusion. Would love to see Spinel fuse with someone too.

Pink Diamond. She really was a crappy person. No wonder Steven's trying overly hard to help the gems. He's doing everything he can to not end up like PD.

I do wish we saw more gems doing something they weren't made for.

NNID: jervinnectar

Spoiler:
    RIP Greg's hair, it will be dearly missed. Lol at Aquamarine and Eyeball behaving like Team Rocket.
    Man, Onion is really a unstoppable force.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Amethyst has the best moments in both episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Hidden:
    The 10 seconds where Steven goes crazy in "A Very Special Episode" > all of "Bluebird"

Really, that episode was like a weaker version of "Room for Ruby"

Both episodes this week were really good.

Spoiler:
    R.I.P Greg's hair it will be missed. The Onion stuff in the 2nd episode is some of the most funniest stuff in the series. Amethyst had great moments in both episodes this week.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Sunstone's lesson about turning off Motion Smoothin on TVs is legit a highlight of the entire program for me. Teaching the important stuff here!
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information