+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Could One Piece air in the UK?

Default Could One Piece air in the UK?

I know, its a dumb and Crazy Idea. But please hear me out first.

It seems there's this company who owns a few kids channels in the UK named CSC Media Group,, best known for owning Toonami and the Anime Central back in the day.

And it ALSO seems they are growing close to Toei, when it comes to working together as business allies. First, they got the first entry on Toei's hit Magical Girl Franchise, Futari wa Pretty Cure to air on their girls channel Pop Girl. Which premiered with solid ratings.

But that's not all. They also made a quite interesting purchase for their boys channel Kix. The First 53 episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai But with Funimation's dub.And it seems its also a ratings hit for Kix. Who ALSO airs Digimon Data Squad (Digimon Savers) to great ratings.

What if Toei offered Kix the One Piece Funi dub to air? Its not as crazy when you take the success of all previous shows.

Default Re: Could One Piece air in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Monogatari View Post
    I know, its a dumb and Crazy Idea. But please hear me out first.

It seems there's this company who owns a few kids channels in the UK named CSC Media Group,, best known for owning Toonami and the Anime Central back in the day.

And it ALSO seems they are growing close to Toei, when it comes to working together as business allies. First, they got the first entry on Toei's hit Magical Girl Franchise, Futari wa Pretty Cure to air on their girls channel Pop Girl. Which premiered with solid ratings.

But that's not all. They also made a quite interesting purchase for their boys channel Kix. The First 53 episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai But with Funimation's dub.And it seems its also a ratings hit for Kix. Who ALSO airs Digimon Data Squad (Digimon Savers) to great ratings.

What if Toei offered Kix the One Piece Funi dub to air? Its not as crazy when you take the success of all previous shows.
    it sounds good I suppose. I've always wanted to watch the dub on TV to be honest... not the 4kids disaster.
    Here's hoping Funi will take this chance to compel themselves onwards with One Piece dubbing. I know they have other things they're working on but they're behind on dubbing... heck, other countries are already dubbing past Sabaody! Funi ain't even at Enies Lobby last time I checked.

You live in the UK, zachri? I didnt know! :D

It's certainly not impossible, would be absolutely amazing if it happened but would we really get something like that before the U.S? I'd love to see it, and i'm sure the ratings would be very good. The only thing is it would need a whole lot of editing to be done by Kix, but it would be amazing to see One Piece on TV in the UK , would certainly help us to get the series on dvd too. Maybe we should start pitching the idea to Kix, although i'd be very interested to find out just how good the ratings for Kai actually were.

If it were to air i would watch it, i actually tried to find Kix but couldnt find it on Virgin.. Moving into my flat and getting Sky so hopefully its on that.

Toei might be doing the same thing there supposedly doing with Manga UK. Dragon Ball 1st then we'll talk about One Piece. So make sure you watch Kai.

I don't live in the UK so my opinion may be invalid but I'd honestly be surprised if "One Piece" got on UK television even if "DBZ Kai" does really well. DVDs from Manga UK, yes, but here in America "One Piece" has shown no signs of getting a chance back on T.V. despite how well "DBZ Kai" has done here. But like I said, I'm not in the UK so there may be other circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    I don't live in the UK so my opinion may be invalid but I'd honestly be surprised if "One Piece" got on UK television even if "DBZ Kai" does really well. DVDs from Manga UK, yes, but here in America "One Piece" has shown no signs of getting a chance back on T.V. despite how well "DBZ Kai" has done here. But like I said, I'm not in the UK so there may be other circumstances.

I can't fault your opinion and i'd be extremely surprised too, but seeing as Kix have quite a few other toei shows and seem to be establishing a good relationship with them, people live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by gum gum jet bazooka11 View Post
    I can't fault your opinion and i'd be extremely surprised too, but seeing as Kix have quite a few other toei shows and seem to be establishing a good relationship with them, people live in hope.
    What other Toei shows does Kix air?

What other Toei shows does Kix air?
    I think they aired Digimon Savers (Data Squad)...

Dont forget Kinikuman Nisei.(Ultimate Muscle)

well, there we have it! One Piece DVD releasing!!

Gonna buy all the eps up to about Water 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

If there's any possibility that One Piece will air in the UK, it will be on Kix. Every other channel has very little interest in anime shows. Also most of the cartoons shown are that of Toei, the Dragon Ball Kai announcement ties in completely with Toei's efforts to bring their propertys futher across Europe. I assume this means more marketing and much lower prices for broadcasting rights.

It's a low budget channel for sure, but depending how well Kai does will depend on One Piece airing. There's a very good chance!

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    If there's any possibility that One Piece will air in the UK, it will be on Kix. Every other channel has very little interest in anime shows. Also most of the cartoons shown are that of Toei, the Dragon Ball Kai announcement ties in completely with Toei's efforts to bring their propertys futher across Europe. I assume this means more marketing and much lower prices for broadcasting rights.

It's a low budget channel for sure, but depending how well Kai does will depend on One Piece airing. There's a very good chance!
    I'm wondering how the Ocean Dub of Kai will work out, since Kix licensed Funi's. If yout ake the UK out of the territories Ocean Dub aired originally, that's a lot less money.
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

On the Manga UK podcast, during the recent episode where they announced "One Piece", they made a big tease about something else "One Piece"-related for London MCM, beyond how they'llbe selling the first collection there before the official release date ( which is the day after the convention ends). Could it be a T.V. deal? Personally I'm leaning towards a "Strong World" announcement, "Film Z", or perhaps both.

yeah I doubt a tv deal. They probably got the license to a 8 onwards movie.

Stowaway

I hope it's all the movies and collections into Season 4 since I'm now holding off getting Season 2 Voyage 5 onwards for the UK release. Or Hopefully a price drop since the pre order price is 26 which is over 1.5 times the cost of importing the collections from the US which is the main reason I never bought the Manga release of Dragon Ball Z (That and they changed the packing so you couldn't form the dragon.)

I think I mentioned this before but if they ever get around to Strong World it would be awesome to have like a 're-release' of sorts but in English and whatnot for England/USA, honestly... it'd give it a grande boost I bet... instead of just straight to DVD dubs (I remember the good ol' times of Pokemon 2000 and the first Pokemon movie... I swear I vaguely remember somewhat seeing one of them in cinemas, I think... that or I just saw a billboard near a cinema. My memory is really foggy...

On the Manga UK podcast, during the recent episode where they announced "One Piece", they made a big tease about something else "One Piece"-related for London MCM, beyond how they'llbe selling the first collection there before the official release date ( which is the day after the convention ends). Could it be a T.V. deal? Personally I'm leaning towards a "Strong World" announcement, "Film Z", or perhaps both.
    Sorry. A bit late. But I coulda sworn Manga UK had on their twitter both SW and Z as upcoming anyways?

I don't wanna derail the DVD topic but anyone in the UK found a good deal on the boxsets yet? I was expecting a price around 24-28 but they seem to be a bit higher than that
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

So I finally found Kix.
    And I watched some Dragonball Z Kai on it (Funi dub obv, the Frieza/Namek saga thing) and it was at the bit where he's an idiot and he float out and Goku's like 'WATCH OUT!'
    the censorship... you see that then it's just Frieza falling to the ground like 'whyyy' :I

Its the Nicktoons version, complain to them,not kix.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information