+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1051

Thread: Chapter 695: Leave it up to me!

Default Re: Chapter 695: Leave it up to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey D Luffy View Post
    How doflamingo ability can be resisted and countered? Even a strong haki users like jozu, a division commander of WB pirates and vice-admirals were under complete control of his puppet ability. Moreover what would luffy and law could do against invisible cutting technique, which beheaded crocodile and amputated oars.jr.... I think King's haki is not for just knocking out weaklings, it could be more complex, luffy might shake off DD's body control with it.
    Maybe logia-users can't be controlled by Dofla... In particular I think that logia like Gasu Gasu no Mi or Moku Moku no Mi can't be controlled...

Spoiler:
    ...without Haki

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Here http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=32320&page=153 But it is bullshit... He should be banned
    What he said about Luffy " Luffy is ages so much slower he is practically immortal (hormones activate latent rubber power)" And some other stuff Seem plausible,Luffy has barely aged even though he's almost 20,Everyone else around his age look like fully grown adults yet he doesn't.He still looks like a young boy.He hasn't aged since he was 14.He got taller and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clown View Post
    What he said about Luffy " Luffy is ages so much slower he is practically immortal (hormones activate latent rubber power)" And some other stuff Seem plausible,Luffy has barely aged even though he's almost 20,Everyone else around his age look like fully grown adults yet he doesn't.He still looks like a young boy.He hasn't aged since he was 14.He got taller and that's it.
    That means when Luffy is like 70+ he will still look like a youth like his prime self, that's what the WG won't want- a 70+ Luffy looking all dandy n fine looking and he will probably be the strongest man by then. But seriously no one on one piece world would want a Pirate King who's 100+ n still looks dandy, every pirate would just give up on hope n dreams if the man on top doesn't even look like he will be dying any time soon(rubber dont age, rubber doesn't get saggy or coughing up blood in middle of a fight just to give the young ones a chance to take him down).

Big MoM ate - 2012
    CC for nakama.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey D Luffy View Post
    How doflamingo ability can be resisted and countered? Even a strong haki users like jozu, a division commander of WB pirates and vice-admirals were under complete control of his puppet ability. Moreover what would luffy and law could do against invisible cutting technique, which beheaded crocodile and amputated oars.jr.... I think King's haki is not for just knocking out weaklings, it could be more complex, luffy might shake off DD's body control with it.
    Well, in fights, a devil fruit ability is just as strong as the devil fruit user. It only gives them a lot of "element of surprise" factor. But once it's known what it can do, it always resolves into a fist fight. Especially on the case of Luffy because, on every arc, Luffy always get his ass beaten once. This is a pattern that is followed every time, and every time it drives me nuts. Then, he will beat his enemy up badly. On DD's case, I'd say Luffy shouldn't play defense, and use an undodgeable Red Hawk to the torso right off the bat. While he's disoriented, follow-up with an elephant gun and massacre him with elephant gatling. But he will probably fuck up his first try, and get his crew disadvantaged.
    Some long-term predictions:
    Vegapunk with Paw-Paw fruit for Nakama!!!
    Kaidou is gonna be killed by Blackbeard and get his strongest Zoan DF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dwo View Post
    These moments will never return because they already have been. It is simple as that. OP is evolving and I prefer to enjoy what is happening now rather bemoan the loss of the beginning style/events. btw similar happened with the anime.
    Like Rotten the Wizard said Zoro and Kuma scene in thriller bark was an epic scene just like the ones I linked. You seriously think we won't get those kind of moments again?? You're dead wrong my friend. That's the only reason people are reading this manga because very little manga or comics or stories give you these kind of moments because they rarely happen. And oda's produced the best of em. His dialogues are perfect and the moments don't feel fake nor forced like the ones in Naruto/Bleach few other mangas around.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPhil View Post
    Luffy's over the top sad faces kind of ruined that moment tbh. I prefer the way sad scenes were handled in earlier One Piece. If there's one criticism I have for the current Oda is that he lacks subtlety in many ways. My biggest biggest gripe is how sad moments are too overblown and have ridiculous faces that ruin the moment. That example of Zoro, rituel gave now that was well done and not overblown.
    I agree Zoro & Kuma was great but that wasn't such sad scene, it was badass and Oda is good at that.
    I agree LUffy on amazon lilly crying over ace wasn't that epic as i hoped it would be

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by parklane21 View Post
    Well, in fights, a devil fruit ability is just as strong as the devil fruit user. It only gives them a lot of "element of surprise" factor. But once it's known what it can do, it always resolves into a fist fight. Especially on the case of Luffy because, on every arc, Luffy always get his ass beaten once. This is a pattern that is followed every time, and every time it drives me nuts. Then, he will beat his enemy up badly. On DD's case, I'd say Luffy shouldn't play defense, and use an undodgeable Red Hawk to the torso right off the bat. While he's disoriented, follow-up with an elephant gun and massacre him with elephant gatling. But he will probably fuck up his first try, and get his crew disadvantaged.
    Well the story has to be kept interesting after all. After a character development like Dofla's one wouldn't expect him to be fodder

The Luffy crying scene is like the one of the few things that have made me tear up in One Piece.
    I did not tear up with Shanks, the Kuina story, Usopp's story, Nami's story, Norland's, Robin's nor Brook's or Luffy's second flashback.
    I did tear up with Chopper's story, the Otohime flashback(I think that was more from the execution in the anime, cause everything after the flashback kind of diminished the meaning quite a bit by shoving it right in the face) and finally Luffy's "I still have my friends!" scene and little bit with the separation.
    It's really hard to make me cry when it comes to stories, but that especially felt very real for some reason. It's not even the whole friends thing, it's that Luffy is strong enough to stand up from that again, and Jinbei's words and Shanks' words in that chapter just ring so true. "Think of what you have, not what you have lost!"
    It is also the reason why I dislike powerlevel debates with One Piece. I don't care how strongly Luffy punches, that's not what's admirable about the crew, that's not why I like the characters.
    [/Offtopic]
    Last edited by Kizuchan; January 22nd, 2013 at 11:01 AM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer hamad138's Avatar

Poor noobs I explain u DD ability.

DD has the string fruit. Hes able to control weak peoples but against strong ones he cant

He didnt control jozu he just stopped him by creating a spider nest of strings. Simple as that, he couldnt defeat jozu because he cant cut him hes diamond so all of his attack are useless also he doesnt have haki

Im curious how dd managed to get most of his ability

The following is a list of main characters in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Now which characters in this saga match up to these characters if we go by the "Alice in Wonderland" theme
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    The following is a list of main characters in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Now which characters in this saga match up to these characters if we go by the "Alice in Wonderland" theme
    I don't think that everyone of these characters has to match up to a specific One Piece character.

But for some reason, I think that Momonosuke plays the Alice role, but that remains to be seen. The kids in The Biscuit Room may also be based on Alice, who at one point drinks a potion that makes her grow to a gigantic size, similar to children eating the candy that causes them to grow.

The question should be- How many people here has read or seen Alice in Wonderland?

Big MoM ate - 2012
    CC for nakama.

Do you remember the strange animals in the forest when Alice get lost?
    Maybe they were just objects that ate a Devil Fruit Zoan Type... created by SAD

Quote Originally Posted by DARK_RITUAL View Post
    The question should be- How many people here has read or seen Alice in Wonderland?
    you bring a good point....
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Discovered Stowaway

alice in wonderland = mindfuck

These are only the characters from the first book, though...

Oh god if they ARE based off of Alice in Wonderland and they end up having to go into Doflamingo's place and it's all AiW themed... wakurhakwuhrw <3
    I was gonna say Law would be the Mad Hatter but they said Heart which means he woulda been the King of Hearts... or, funnily, the Queen of Hearts. or something. Or maybe it's a trick and each different thing is named after a bodily organ?

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    I was gonna say Law would be the Mad Hatter but they said Heart which means he woulda been the King of Hearts... or, funnily, the Queen of Hearts. or something. Or maybe it's a trick and each different thing is named after a bodily organ?
    He is probably the Knave of Hearts,
    who was punished by the Queen of Hearts (Big Mom) for stealing her tarts (SMILEs).

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    He is probably the Knave of Hearts,
    who was punished by the Queen of Hearts (Big Mom) for stealing her tarts (SMILEs).
    Who is the King of Hearts, then? Jinbe?

Nami-san & Robin-chan Fan Revolution777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    The Mysterious guy in This Chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Maybe, but that seems a little mean to Jinbei. XD

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    Oh god if they ARE based off of Alice in Wonderland and they end up having to go into Doflamingo's place and it's all AiW themed... wakurhakwuhrw <3
    Mindblown....
    I found two pics that coresponds to that idea...
    Monet and Big Mom-
    Hidden:

Doflo and ??...who would be Alice??
    Hidden:
    I soooo want to see a fanart of Doflo the man playing croket now... XD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information