+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 349 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,200 of 6972

Thread: Food Wars - It's In the Trash

Default Re: Shokugeki no Soba is a「Thread」where the title won't change as you expect

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I'm just putting as much care and concern into my arguments as the author clearly does into his writing.
    Well God, if your level of wit is at all indicative of this author's writing, Tsukuda may be the new Tezuka.

Default Re: Shokugeki no Soba is a「Thread」where the title won't change as you expect

So now what?

Seriously, what the fuck happens now.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Ha ha. So goofy!

Remember folks, in any series with an ounce of comedy and a wink of fiction nothing matters!
    Nice strawman. I know what I said.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[SubscribeStar]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Well God, if your level of wit is at all indicative of this author's writing, Tsukuda may be the new Tezuka.
    Oh chill you big ol' grumpy gus. If you want your thought out arguments and stuff, you can scour the pages for the longass essays I've written on things like internal consistency, and breaking down repeatedly how stuff like the Azami nonsense defies it.

I've been doing it for long enough and people still truck out the same old facile arguments again and again. At a certain point it's a way better use of my time to just goof on it all.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Man, suddenly feel bad for posting here. Cya later people.

Universing Misunderstandal

Getting bent out of shape over people calling Shokugeki no Soma a good story based on the logistics of the latest arc?
    Fair enough, I don't think anyone will hand the author a prize for creating a flawless Shonen that passes the scrutiny of realistic cuisine academia.

How about calling SnS enjoyable?
    I don't see anything wrong with enjoying the series in spite of this arc, I've had much of the same fun rereading this series from the beginning to the current chapters.
    The main thing that bothered me was bump to the consistency around the time the Elite 10 got half the cast expelled offscreen, leading to this rushed showdown.
    It's just that I enjoyed the character interactions, situational humor, and food more than the missteps.

Believing Wagomu's current approach to change anybody's mind about enjoying the series as they have been somehow seems more outlandish than Erina becoming the headmaster of Tootsuki.
    Or whatever he's trying to do.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by F13rC Pulse View Post
    How about calling SnS enjoyable?
    I don't see anything wrong with enjoying the series in spite of this arc, I've had much of the same fun rereading this series from the beginning to the current chapters.
    Exactly. I second this take.

It's kinda like The Room.

(Almost) no one who loves it claims that it's well written, directed or acted.
    It's just.... fun to watch.
    And sometimes that's all you need from certain series.

Soma was clearly never meant to have a serious overarching story like One Piece does,
    which makes Azami's cartoonish introduction hilariously intentional.
    This whole thing was a farce and the author took every bit of pride in doing whatever he wanted.
    I find that glorious tbh. As long as everyone admits what we're going for, then it's okay in the specific instance.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[SubscribeStar]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Oh chill you big ol' grumpy gus. If you want your thought out arguments and stuff, you can scour the pages for the longass essays I've written on things like internal consistency, and breaking down repeatedly how stuff like the Azami nonsense defies it.

I've been doing it for long enough and people still truck out the same old facile arguments again and again. At a certain point it's a way better use of my time to just goof on it all.
    I agree with you on Azami actually and tons of things in the series, just not on this. In fact, I would have rather seen Erina at the head of the Elite 10, I just don't think this is as bad or illogical as you seem to and I would rather have a legit conversation about it than whatever this was.

So we have a couple of freshmen running the most prestigious school in the world? That is terrible on so many levels. And the elite 10 is no longer full of the best chefs, but random folks who happened to side with our protagonist. Welcome to the elite 10 Megumi and Aldini! That is a totally deserved accomplishment for the two of you. The best thing about this chapter was that it ended this awful arc

It doesn't matter what Pepole try to say to justify this arc it is bad writing , very bad writing there is no excuse for it.

It doesn't matter if people want to enjoy The Room. It's full of bad acting and writing so there's no excuse for liking it.

Forgive me, but that's what I'm genuinely picking up from the atmosphere in here.
    Bad writing and enjoyability don't have to be mutually exclusive concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by algebro View Post
    So we have a couple of freshmen running the most prestigious school in the world? That is terrible on so many levels. And the elite 10 is no longer full of the best chefs, but random folks who happened to side with our protagonist. Welcome to the elite 10 Megumi and Aldini! That is a totally deserved accomplishment for the two of you. The best thing about this chapter was that it ended this awful arc
    Which Aldini are we talking about? If it's the fat one, then yeah, he has no business near the elite 10, but the blonde one won his first match against the business guy, didn't he? He should at least be one of the ten, I think.

I still want to believe that authors are simply trolling and when the sun rises on next day, we will get a proper development.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

This thread has become a shit show, this is embarassing. I refuse to take part in this madness.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

That's fair, I forgot about his match with Etsuya so he isn't completely out of place. But my greater point was that these characters don't feel like the 10 best chefs in a school that's supposed to be filled with the elite of the elite. What was the point of even going to this school if the characters are already the best before they even finish their first year?

Quote Originally Posted by algebro View Post
    That's fair, I forgot about his match with Etsuya so he isn't completely out of place. But my greater point was that these characters don't feel like the 10 best chefs in a school that's supposed to be filled with the elite of the elite. What was the point of even going to this school if the characters are already the best before they even finish their first year?
    It doesn't matter because this was the exception. They held a Shokugeki, and the price was that the winner team got all the seats. That makes irrelevant whether they are elite or not, they just earned it themselves regardless of the contribution of each member.

And truly, this is also for the best. A E10 formed solely of students that mutually trust each other, and the headmaster is who lead this group. With this hierarchy, stability is guaranteed at the academy. It's the complete opposite of what the previous E10 was, where some of its members were at each other's throats.

This whole thing would be far more acceptable if we knew Erina was some sort of genius outside of cooking. That the whole reason she's going through high school is nothing more than a formality. And that even possibly she's been being groomed to be the headmaster but I don't think I remember anything like that.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    This whole thing would be far more acceptable if we knew Erina was some sort of genius outside of cooking. That the whole reason she's going through high school is nothing more than a formality. And that even possibly she's been being groomed to be the headmaster but I don't think I remember anything like that.
    At least there's someone else who doesn't remember that... Still wouldn't make anything about this arc logical or enjoyable, other than the dishes themselves. And even those haven't been the best of the best the whole time.

It was established long ago that she knows a few things about managin business and such. Like when she made arrangements for Ikumi's duel with Soma, or that one guy whose restaurant she ordered to demolish after curbstomping him. Let's also not forget she held the Entrance Exam.

Besides, we cannot tell how things will progress from there on. As experiencend as she's, I don't think Erina can manage the entire school by herself. I'm pretty sure grandpa has already arranged things so she'll have the best assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    It doesn't matter if people want to enjoy The Room. It's full of bad acting and writing so there's no excuse for liking it.

Forgive me, but that's what I'm genuinely picking up from the atmosphere in here.
    Bad writing and enjoyability don't have to be mutually exclusive concepts.
    Except most people's enjoyment of the room is all about trashing, shitting on and endlessly mocking it. Which is the thing us haters have been doing.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information