+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorohedoro

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Default Dorohedoro

I don't see any other thread about this manga, unless I missed one called GIANT LIZARD HEAD MAN.

So basic summary is really the bare bones of the story - there's a bunch of weirdly odd things going on at any given time ...

So Kaiman is a man with a lizard head. He lives in a destitute city called Hole where people called magic users come and go, using the residents of Hole as practice for their magic. Thus his lizard head. But that's not the only problem Kaiman has - he's also lost his memory, so he's in search of the magic user that transformed him, so he can possibly restore his body and get his memory back as well.

How does he search for this guy? He nabs a magic user, and chomps onto his/her head so they can see down his throat. Because Kaiman has a man inside of him that they can see, and the man talks to them ...

With bizarre humor, awesome art, and a mystery revolving around enterprising mafia-like magic users, men with the same tattoo crosses over their eyes as Kaiman, and Ebisu (... just ... Ebisu ...), this manga has so far been a great read.

Anyone else read it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Default Re: Dorohedoro

I dunno that you've such a strange taste...is this super sentai manga???? or rip-off from conan?..

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Yes. It's rather funny, especially when Ebisu is doing...anything. The art's a nice change of pace too.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Yes. It's rather funny, especially when Ebisu is doing...anything. The art's a nice change of pace too.
    I've always liked this style of art. Unclean is usually make great visuals. Maybe it's just the scans though, but they don't seem messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by makerror View Post
    I dunno that you've such a strange taste...is this super sentai manga???? or rip-off from conan?..
    It's seinen drawn by a woman. And it's not a mystery story. It just has a mystery IN it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    I've always liked this style of art. Unclean is usually make great visuals. Maybe it's just the scans though, but they don't seem messed up.
    Indeed, I think that's how it's supposed to be. I like it, reminds me of some of the old Judge Dredd & Vertigo stuff.

Reviving this thread because I recently went back to check omanga for any updates to this (hadn't read any of it in a few years) and found that omanga NO LONGER EXISTS.

Fffuuuuuuuuuu.

Anyway, I want more people to get interested in this so that you can all help me find newer releases of it. Who needs to receive a few letters to make this happen? This was my first 'favorite manga'.

Shame omanga's gone, lotta good memories of that place. Anyway, let's all read the first chapter or two for old times' sake and then start buscando some more Dorohedoro.
    Last edited by fdsfgfs; July 9th, 2010 at 02:14 AM.

yo dog

Viz is publishing this now and you can read a bunch of it online: http://www.sigikki.com/series/dorohedoro/index.shtml

Oh wow, the first volume was released in march, how did I miss this.

Hopefully viz won't drop it.

Shipmate

I heard that this manga is in its last few volumes. Any truth to that?

Probably true. I have up to Volume 14 and it really seems like it's nearing a climax. However, I probably would have said it was close back in like Volume 7 or 8... the author is really good at adding new strands to the story and it doesn't always progress quickly to the next major event.

I don't wanna read the first few chaps on viz's website, really.

Just picked up the first volume, looking forward to reading this again.

This thread is too small given the quality of this series.

Welcome to AP: we love OP and only talk about Naruto and Bleach (even though we hate them)

damn! I really appreciate you guys reviving this thread.

glad to know about this series now!

Is the series on hiatus? I don't see any scanlations past volume??/chapter 43.

It would be nice to know what happens to the both Shin and Noi.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Sounds like Guin Saga but a bit higher on the phylogeny tree.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

"SHOCKING!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    Is the series on hiatus? I don't see any scanlations past volume??/chapter 43.

It would be nice to know what happens to the both Shin and Noi.
    Volume 15 was scanned in december, I believe. I don't think it is on hiatus.

This is the only manga that I like in which I dont know what the hell is going on. First I thought it was about lizard head and revenge against magic users, but its about time controlling girl and an awesome entity that is known a cross eyes and al coleman.

I Still dont know what happening in the series but I love it because its so twisted.
    Hibiki is Awesome!!!

I'm currently reading through the pilot. Really good stuff. How the hell did I miss this one?

I always wanted to draw a steampunk-iish comic in a fantasy setting, and this gives lots of inspiration. The people within the backdrop reminds me of several races in Breath of Fire 4 too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information