+ Reply to Thread
Page 368 of 374 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,360 of 7469

Thread: Seven Deadly Sins

Default Re: Seven Deadly Sins

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    The issue wasn't his strength, but that he was all alone, fighting one man war against 7+ enemies. It felt like everything was rigged against him since beginning.
    Remember when Galan whipped the floor with Mel+Merlin+Diane+Slader+Camelot's Knights? It can be done, you just gotta be creative. DK's abilities were resumed to using his magic, conjuring an Indura, using darkness gravity and slashing and punching. Not creative for the top dog of the demons.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Remember when Galan whipped the floor with Mel+Merlin+Diane+Slader+Camelot's Knights? It can be done, you just gotta be creative. DK's abilities were resumed to using his magic, conjuring an Indura, using darkness gravity and slashing and punching. Not creative for the top dog of the demons.
    Lol forgot about Galan, yea he was far more intimidating than DK ever was.

I don't think we can consider the fact that he is alone against 7 people an issue when the main point of this manga is about this group of 7 people made to help Britania
    I would even said it is quite original for a fantasy shonen manga that the hero does not fight alone against the big villain

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    I don't think we can consider the fact that he is alone against 7 people an issue when the main point of this manga is about this group of 7 people made to help Britania
    I would even said it is quite original for a fantasy shonen manga that the hero does not fight alone against the big villain
    It was the issue in this case in my eyes. It felt underwhelming to see DK going up against all of them, not for sake of someone else, but purely for his own selfish greed for power and control as some kind of narcissist. He didn't seem to fight for any higher ideals that I could understand, which was high contrast compared to the band teaming up with bulk of reasons and motivations to win the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    It was the issue in this case in my eyes. It felt underwhelming to see DK going up against all of them, not for sake of someone else, but purely for his own selfish greed for power and control as some kind of narcissist. He didn't seem to fight for any higher ideals that I could understand, which was high contrast compared to the band teaming up with bulk of reasons and motivations to win the battle.
    Which is consistent to how Mr. Steal-My-Sons-Body has be characterized thus far.

I'll make a trothought analysis of the batttle much later, as I'm not in the mood right now. But let's just say that my pov isn't meant to say if it was satisfying or lackluster, that's up to anyone's opinion.

Now... if we go by Merlin's words, the Sins are all out of juice, completely exhausted. The Demon King has fallen, the Holy War has ended, or is it? With the sovereign of the demons gone, a certain someone is left with no opposition.

I bet she has been biding her time and watched everything unfold from afar.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    I'll make a trothought analysis of the batttle much later, as I'm not in the mood right now. But let's just say that my pov isn't meant to say if it was satisfying or lackluster, that's up to anyone's opinion.

Now... if we go by Merlin's words, the Sins are all out of juice, completely exhausted. The Demon King has fallen, the Holy War has ended, or is it? With the sovereign of the demons gone, a certain someone is left with no opposition.

I bet she has been biding her time and watched everything unfold from afar.
    Unfortunately its probably too late for her to have any relevance in the story

She was equal to the DK in strength, and seeing how hes presumably been vanquished for good, I don't see how she can pose any real threat to the 7DS currently unless Nakaba retroactively makes her much more powerful than him.

It is not that hard to logic her into power, the demon king having his hax of inverting magic, currently being sealed, being on sub par bodies, and having the commandments being their own thing, vs the goddess having a proper defense, breaking the seal on her own body, and not having split up her power for the sake of generals.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

She can definitely pose a threat currently, seeing how Sins are currently exhausted, like the man says.

Other than that, she could always have some tricks in her sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    It is not that hard to logic her into power, the demon king having his hax of inverting magic, currently being sealed, being on sub par bodies, and having the commandments being their own thing, vs the goddess having a proper defense, breaking the seal on her own body, and not having split up her power for the sake of generals.
    I thought she did when she bestowed the Graces to the archangels. With Ludociel, Sariel and Tarmiel dead and gone, how is she supposed to recover their graces?

The DK stated himself that he was at full power in ch321 and Melodias has decisively surpassed him since then, so while the sins are all in a depleted state atm, I really don't see the Supreme Deity being able to do much unless she gets some sort of bargaining chip over them (taking Elizabeth hostage or something like that)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Raiu View Post
    Unfortunately its probably too late for her to have any relevance in the story

She was equal to the DK in strength, and seeing how hes presumably been vanquished for good, I don't see how she can pose any real threat to the 7DS currently unless Nakaba retroactively makes her much more powerful than him.
    Sure she can pose a thread... Now back when Ban listened to the horn of cernnunos, it was clearly hinted that she would be battling meliodas. The original premisa was really good at that moment: two lowers destroying certain status quo are hated by goddesess and demons... Next we saw the SD and the DK cursing, together, the lovers. If now the SD appears, well that will be better than nothing but, yes, Nakaba would have chosen to split the enemy force into two halfs... and yes, the best final battle would have been the DK and the SG together vs the SDS. To me is like he was too shy to handle the entire premise of the story. And at ceratin point his reluctance to make the SD appear in the story only weakened the story more and more.

Well maybe the SD revive the DK to make the perfect enemy force again, but if watching the DK figthing the protagonists for a second time was a bit too much, a third time would seem be very dissapointing.

Reminds me of Toriko when Sunny basically did the same thing against that octopus monster right before they fought the real four beasts form

Wait, where is the scene with Escanor dying? Wasn't he using up all of his life force in combination with his body being close to death on it's own?

*Looks at the title of next chapter.*
    Damn Nakaba,you wanna hurt me or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there, long time no see.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    *Looks at the title of next chapter.*
    Damn Nakaba,you wanna hurt me or what.

Just look at the panel that has Merlin looking at that well with piercing eyes.

Oh damn. I wonder if Escanor is actually gonna die? I wouldn't mind a little bullshit to keep the best character alive though.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Without Escanor and Arthur, Merlin is going to reach her breaking point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Hey there, long time no see.

Just look at the panel that has Merlin looking at that well with piercing eyes.
    Those where long and weird Error 502 day my friend.
    I’m ready for some bittersweet revelations on the importance of Arthur to Merlin and some asspullery to save Escanor.

So what are the odds the Supreme Deity is sleeping deep inside the lake, and by sucking in what was left of the Demon King essence she's about to awaken.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information