+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 376 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven Deadly Sins

Default Re: Seven Deadly Sins

His point is that there are several panels which makes remember to One Piece (though I missed Nami). Rather than a rip off I saw the big guypissed after Melodias as a funny allusion. Anyway so far this tournament is much more interesting that One Piece one and it will probably be finished before we see Luffy fight.
    Last edited by Kdom; June 10th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.

Clearly the comparison doesn't make look good to OP. In seven deadly sins we have a much better way to develop a tournament. OP tourney is really boring in that it doesn't develop the main plot line, namely, Law's plan. The fruit, the sections, the new characters, nothing of all of that tells about Law's plan. Rather is a distraction and it seems Doflamingo got even the very same Oda got caught in this distracting tramp. On the contrary, SDS tourney is the main plot line right now: the sins need their treasures to be able to face the incoming war. I'm pretty satisfied by Susuki's work atm.

... And I do love OP.

I'm missing the Nami connection, apparently. The other complaints are all weak and to be expected for an arc like this. Tournaments always have prizes, and if a story plans to move the plot along via the tournament then the prize or contestants must be relevant. The muscle man harassing the small hero is probably the most legitimate complaint, but when you make your hero look like a kid when he's really incredibly strong you are going to make that point a few times during the series. See chapter one. Also, for the most obvious comparison, see Dragonball. Of course these aren't original developments, but so far he's using his characters well and making a fun show of things, so who cares at this point?

It's has been a while since I added someone to the ignore list. But some people leave little choice.

Beat me to it, the guy just made a fool out of himself with such idiotic comments.

So you edited in "haha I'm joking" after people dogpiled on you for being stupid.

Clever. Ha ha, I'm joking. :V
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

What an interesting turn of events.

Spoiler:
    Elizabeth and Diane have combined, and the result is this normal-sized beauty with relentless strenght.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Is it really a fusion or "just" a normal shrinking spell? A few people think that Elizabeth is actually within the crystal/in another small space whereas Diane just took her clothes after shrinking down to her size or somethign similar.
    Last edited by Nidhoeggr; June 10th, 2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Btw: Idiots will always be idiots. Let him be dumb. It's his own loss in the end.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    Spoiler:
    Is it really a fusion or "just" a normal shrinking spell? A few people think that Elizabeth is actually within the crystal/in another small space whereas Diane just took her clothes after shrinking down to her size or somethign similar.
    Spoiler:
    At the end of the chapter King asks where's Elizabeth, to which the black-haired girl tells him that she's Elizabeth.

Spoiler:
    Interesting.
    Several questiosn have been raised by this.
    a) Is it related to the "move" Rebecca made a few chapters back? Coul go either way imho, she was suprised by the solution of the fight but Diane could be an uncalculated variable in her overall scheme.
    b) Will this be permanent and what parts of both initial personalities prevailed in the fusion?
    c) If it is not related to the "move" made earlier, what is the role of the pendant?
    Last edited by Nidhoeggr; June 12th, 2013 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Remonved off-topic because the respective posts got deleted.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    Spoiler:
    Interesting.
    Several questiosn have been raised by this.
    a) Is it related to the "move" Rebecca made a few chapters back? Coul go either way imho, she was suprised by the solution of the fight but Diane could be an uncalculated variable in her overall scheme.
    b) Will this be permanent and what parts of both initial personalities prevailed in the fusion?
    c) If it is not related to the "move" made earlier, what is the role of the pendant?
    Spoiler:
    At the moment she is Elizabeth body buildup + the black of Diane's hair + her personality. And rather than the pendant I would dare say Elizabeth's earring played some part in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Spoiler:
    At the moment she is Elizabeth body buildup + the black of Diane's hair + her personality. And rather than the pendant I would dare say Elizabeth's earring played some part in this.
    Spoiler:
    We got several close-up shots of the earring already so it will most likely be important, I agree. Anyway, I can't wait for the translation.

http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader...en/0/32/page/1

Nothing to add except what I already said, but there's one more big revelation in this chapter.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, that Melodias apparently destroyed Elizabeth's native kingdom.

Shipmate

The friction was so high, it suffered a burn.

I have reread the King arc and caught up with the ongoing. Suzuki Nakaba knows how to do shonen manga justice. It’s not easy to maintain the balance of action, story and character development, but he splendidly does it all, and I have no doubts about this manga’s future.

Interesting and entertaining, even if simplistic, main characters make you care for every conflict, especially the ones among themselves. And such execution carries the weight of the story, letting it go at a comfortable pace. The hints of past and future also play very well in the general scheme of things, and little by little build up the whole picture of this charming world. And it’s all so characteristically over the top!

One of my favorite shonen books I go through during the week.

So, the newest chapter just got released and the fight between King and Cain really made me laugh.
    We also cleared up the reason behind Diane's appearance and some small talk before the awaited fight between meliodas and Ban.

Which was the name of the town, btw? Because I think we can start to remove it from the maps.

I know that One Piece is a much bigger and ambitious work, and that as long running shonen manga goes it has little competition... But I'm really enjoying more Seven Deadly Sins than One Piece in the last months.

I think that I'm safe to say that this and Murata's One Punch Man are the great surprises of the year.

The Fanservice was awesome
    King losing the fight against the drunk old man was very funny XD

Kamen Rider OOOs

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information