+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 293 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 5843

Thread: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Ride of the ages.... what a bros

These latest chapters are way more hilarious than epic. No complaints from me.

The chapter was pure gold.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

I absolutely dig this goofy ride !
    Plus, it's a welcome channge of pace after the more serious S-rank fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

I'm actually going to feel a bit sad when Mike becomes collateral damage.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Perfect chapter. So much fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    It's really weird to watch that after reading the DVD bonus features.

Damn...! I feel your pain Saitima!

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    It's really weird to watch that after reading the DVD bonus features.
    I'm unsure if I really want to know, but please share

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    I'm unsure if I really want to know, but please share
    One of the features has dossiers on most of the supers referenced or shown in the film; powers, ratings, and biological fluff. Most of the cape victims were really nice people so it's weird to see that being played for laughs, particularly with Mr. Incredible dismissing Thunderhead as being not that bright; from his dossier, Thunderhead was a really stand-up guy and we even saw him at Bob and Helen's wedding so they were probably pretty close friends.

Simply stunning.

Feck, I’m gonna..

This fight is one of the things I was waiting for the most, Murata didn´t dissapointed me, that was amazing...

Okay, does anyone besides me REALLY want this arc to be over already? I mean, truth be told, I've wanted it to be over for a while.

Look, I get that this series has some amazing art, which I won't deny. It's up there with Berserk as one of the all-time greats in terms of art. I just wish it was being used on a better story.

I mean, doesn't it bother anyone else that, in terms of plotting and pacing, this manga is basically Bleach? Just an endless parade of mostly one-dimensional characters beating the hell out of each other with no sense of story progression or character development.

Garou is particularly bad since they've just been spinning their wheels on this guy for ages. Not to mention his battles have no real tension since his endurance levels are essentially farcical. No matter how much he gets beat down (unless it's by Saitama), we know he'll just get back up because that's what the plot demands.

^
    Well, this manga is a special one to begin with; where the hero never loses. This renders all other plot points predictable. So one should simply enjoy the art, the fighting and the comedy and there is no need to take the story seriously. That's how it should be read.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

When One Piece hits I practically devour the chapter, almost skimming through the pages no matter how pretty the picture (Oda is a gifted artist himself after all). I don't always like where the story is going, but I am still curious where it's going and how everything unfolds.

One Punch Man is the polar opposite reading experience for me. I don't care about the story, but I have never seen art this good in my life. My fingers are always ready and prepared to turn the pages, but I simply can't do it most of the time. Not before I digested this godlike art, not before my jaw popped back. The pages simply won't let me move on, they are too powerful, too good. Like I'm a hostage to this level of skill.
    Maybe I'm weird, maybe I don't have standards or know too little about manga in general, but I simply can't get used to this quality.

Now, would I want Murata's skills used in a manga with a really engaging story? Or at least a story I'm invested in, even if it isn't good? I don't know. But I do know that a great story can declass art, to the point that it's just a "nice to have" that requires a re-read to really appreciate. At least that's often the case for me when it concerns One Piece. So I actually prefer how things are, I guess?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information