+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Vote your favorite ideas for bonus manga sketches!

Default Re: Vote your favorite ideas for bonus manga sketches!

I have arranged the first post of the thread so that now it contains the diary of the main moments of the enterprise that lead to the adoption by Oda of RPG time as the idea for the new Omake.
    Last edited by Ukimix; December 15th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.

WOW.. this is so awesome.. :)

These days i am not having time to browse the forums.. damn.. i should accommodate more time to One Piece.. i am sad that i missed out a nice poll & discussion.. out of all the ideas i liked the idea "Strawhats as politicians".. & definitely liked the Strawhats as RPG characters...

Congrats AP for being noticed by our deity "G(Oda)"... :)

Glorious Victory.

Congrats to all who voted :D

edit: APforums should have a "Trophy Cabinet" section where they brag about and glorify submissions/accomplishments from users that made it into mainstream OP media/manga etc!

lol, franky looks like malphite from league of legends

Quote Originally Posted by psychickid View Post
    Glorious Victory.

Congrats to all who voted :D

edit: APforums should have a "Trophy Cabinet" section where they brag about and glorify submissions/accomplishments from users that made it into mainstream OP media/manga etc!
    Greg would dominate that area if he still posted here often. Not only being on tv for being a huge one piece fan twice and beating the editors the second time, but now he was appearently hired by shueisha to write a column in V Jup on the secrets of One Piece

Just another Robin fan Tare_chan's Avatar

Whoaahh ^^ that's really nice...
    I missed the whole process, but I really like the outcome. Strawhats as RPG charas??? totally love it!!

And glad to know that Oda knew we are here.

Congrats to all ^^

Btw, Robin as magician!! YAY!!
    Last edited by Tare_chan; December 21st, 2012 at 01:09 AM.

Z/R Forever!!
    sig by: inori

Wow--I am late of course, but Wow--this is truly something for which the forums can feel proud. Excellent work. If there happens to be a translation of the text around somewhere, I'd appreciate being directed towards it. Congrats again.

Here the RPG time scaned, translated and edited by Redon, Aohige and Alina:

Quote Originally Posted by Al!naJames View Post
    Omatase shimashita~... ^^;

Scanned by Redon
    Translated by Aohige
    Edited by me

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Ukimix; January 4th, 2013 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Those images are so tiny, if I try to enlarge they end up blurry. I can't read them. Am I doing it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless Strategy View Post
    Those images are so tiny, if I try to enlarge they end up blurry. I can't read them. Am I doing it wrong?
    Its not you, its really tiny for me too

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Strategy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Its not you, its really tiny for me too
    Sorry, Ijust copy the post by Alina. If you follow it, thos tiny images will lead you to the HQ images. :-)

I will change the url to solve it here.

All you had to do was go to the original post by Al!naJames (clicking in the at the side of her name in the quote), there the small pics are links to big versions of the pages.

But here it is, I fixed the quote for you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Al!naJames View Post
    Omatase shimashita~... ^^;

Scanned by Redon
    Translated by Aohige
    Edited by me

If I write something wrong, excuse my english....

Ah, that's much better.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

That is awesome beyond words, the fact that we actually got to be part of even the process and see it bear fruit from its origin is superb. Well done guys, and will they ever have one of these kinds of fan submissions again? Theres many more ideas im sure we could come up with next
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

A second version of the omake. Thanks to Dreamer for cleaning and edition work and to CCC for the translation.

Spoiler:

Colouring The RPG Time Omake - January and February of 2013

User Ponx started some days ago the project to colour the RPG Time Omake:

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by ponx View Post
    Hi guys, I suppose a lot of people here are aware that recently AP forum has collectively sent an Omake idea for OP log (thx again guys); and Oda has taken notice of it and actually made an omake based on the idea called RPG TIME.

Now, I feel that this is somewhat a great achievement for us as a fanbase (not many fanbase out there can say that they've had their ideas heard and made into reality by the author). Some of our members have scanlated the omake, and I really feel that its a waste not to do something about it (the Omake, I mean).

So with that in mind. I wanted to take the scanlated omake further and create a colored version of it, and since the omake is a collective effort; its fitting that the colored version is also a collective effort of AP members. And here's how it works:

1. This is the scanlated version (credits to CCC & Dreamer), which we can use for our RAW

2. We can each pick 1 panel we'd like to color and then submit it here. (of course if u want to, u can submit more than 1 panel)

3. After we have the colored version for each panel (total of 11 panels), I'd make a poll & we'll pick the best out of each submission (of course if there is only 1 submission for the respective panel, that one is the default winner). My dream is to have each of the panels done by a different member, but if the participants proved to be lacking, we'll just take what we can get.

4. I'll keep track of the panel submissions so we'll know which panels been done and u can then decide whether to do a different version or just do a different panel.

I suppose that's about it. Of course, this is not an official project so we don't have a set-in-stone rule; if u have an idea about this project just let me know

This is the Checklist, Yellow means no one have done it, and Red means someone else have done it

Users Warp Predator and Inori help with his great art work:

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp Predator View Post
    Ok, I finished. There are some..issues, but this is pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by inori View Post
    I'm Done. Page 2.3 http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/l/a/lazeplz.png?2

Spoiler:

The picture size is too big, so if it wasn't working, you may open it here...

Thanks a lot for such a nice work guys!!! I added this to the first post in the story of this achievement.

I'm just bringing back the thread to let the community know about the letter sent by to Oda-sensei with the printed version of the RPG time as a gift for him. You can visit the thread of the project to see the details here; or read the diary of the whole story, with the last news about it, in the first post of this thread here.

I am so honoured that i would like to thank all my friends and ofcourse oda san for acknowledging this i would also like to thank my dad,mom,brother and my neighbours pet dog ceasar for making this happen thank you all.

i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZing View Post
    I am so honoured that i would like to thank all my friends and ofcourse oda san for acknowledging this i would also like to thank my dad,mom,brother and my neighbours pet dog ceasar for making this happen thank you all.
    did he really mention your work.

NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by playercena5241 View Post
    did he really mention your work.
    Nooo....this definitely wasn't a solo effort, you know. Ukimix started the thread, everyone suggested an idea, we voted, RPG Time won, CCC drafted the letter and sent it....while ponx, Warp, and other users would later color/print Oda's omake.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information