View Poll Results: Legos or lincoln logs?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vivi

104 47.49%
  • Banchi

115 52.51%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baroque Works Showdown III

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Baroque Works Showdown III

Ah thanks!

So the final's is tommorow?

Quote Originally Posted by gemadog7 View Post
    So the final's is tommorow?
    Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Maybe it depends on the outcome of this very match!

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Maybe it depends on the outcome of this very match!
    But I though this was just a filler match..?

Banchi.

Dude.

Bro.

I wanted to vote for you. I did. I mean, you're a cigar-smoking turtle. How cool is that?!

But you let me down. Oda let me down. Banchi, you didn't appear in the Decks of the World cover story and that broke my heart. Broke it real good. In to a million million pieces.

I'm sorry, Banchi, so so sorry, but I had to vote for Vivi.

Quote Originally Posted by nonectra View Post
    Banchi.

Dude.

Bro.

I wanted to vote for you. I did. I mean, you're a cigar-smoking turtle. How cool is that?!

But you let me down. Oda let me down. Banchi, you didn't appear in the Decks of the World cover story and that broke my heart. Broke it real good. In to a million million pieces.

I'm sorry, Banchi, so so sorry, but I had to vote for Vivi.
    But... you could of still voted for him..

I voted for Vivi. In my opinion, she is an awesome character, idk the hate either.

Captain Usopp!

Just went to reread ch. 130 again ..yeah its THAT old!.. the chapter where Nami falls dangerously ill, but gives Vivi a newspaper that tells how 300 thousand Royal Guards had defected and joined the Rebels in Alabastra.
    Hidden:

I love Vivi's speach to the Strawhats of how her country is in grave danger and she can't waste a moment
    ...but....
    then she said let's start by finding a doctor for Nami first.
    Usopp asked her if she was sure, she was the princess so she had a duty to the people of Alabastra.
    She used the excuse of "its faster if Nami was well" but she really did care for Nami.
    Her country is on the brink of civil war but she still thought of her friends.

Hidden:

Rereading this chapter (ch 130) has swayed me to vote for Vivi.

Vivi has my vote.

However interesting Banchi was, it was kind of a turn off the way it evaporated into nothingness.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Just went to reread ch. 130 again ..yeah its THAT old!.. the chapter where Nami falls dangerously ill, but gives Vivi a newspaper that tells how 300 thousand Royal Guards had defected and joined the Rebels in Alabastra.

I love Vivi's speach to the Strawhats of how her country is in grave danger and she can't waste a moment
    ...but....
    then she said let's start by finding a doctor for Nami first.
    Usopp asked her if she was sure, she was the princess so she had a duty to the people of Alabastra.
    She used the excuse of "its faster if Nami was well" but she really did care for Nami.
    Her country is on the brink of civil war but she still thought of her friends.

Rereading this chapter (ch 130) has swayed me to vote for Vivi.

That's nice. I remember a couple of moments from memory. Like subtle character dynamics that typically goes on in the story.

I remember in Chapter 133(?) Luffy leaves to scale the mountain with Nami on his back along with Sanji for backup. After Vivi and Ussop set them off, Dalton then asked them to come inside where it's warmer. But Vivi immediatly insisted to stay outside with Ussop in agreement. Dalton then smiles. It was very subtle, but really good. It wasn't implied with words, but they stayed outside because they knew that their friends were out there going on a life risking mission in the cold.

Vivi's cool.

Banchi chose not to have things like character development because he knew it'd be unfair to those who need to rely on it.

i had no idea who Banchi even was until i went to the first page.

voted Vivi because she deserves better than this.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    Banchi chose not to have things like character development because he knew it'd be unfair to those who need to rely on it.
    Truest. Words. Ever. Spoken!
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

how the hell could anyone vote vivi, even if we take away the fact she's a blatant attempted whale murderer (and that whale happens to be Laboon) then really all she does is whine how about how she wants to save her country but never doing anything useful herself

put her in a different manga about ninjas not pirates, switch country to two boys and blue hair to pink and your opinion will change entirely

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    how the hell could anyone vote vivi, even if we take away the fact she's a blatant attempted whale murderer (and that whale happens to be Laboon) then really all she does is whine how about how she wants to save her country but never doing anything useful herself

put her in a different manga about ninjas not pirates, switch country to two boys and blue hair to pink and your opinion will change entirely
    You're kind of comparing the fate of an entire country to a person's love life and a character who at least tries to do something to someone who's epiphany is that she's useless and should just entirely rely on someone else.

.....Also, whale's good eating. I don't remember Luffy having any hesitation to wanting to use Caimie's power to eat a bunch of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    You won a vote for Banchi. All votes.

Banchi's cool, but Vivi is a character.

Is there any reason for the "hate Vivi" thing? Is it just a forum meme or is it tied to what she nearly did to Laboon?
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC
    Man, woman, who cares!? Sure, they love show tunes, but who doesn't?

Easiest vote ever, Vivi.
    Your signature has exceeded the maximum size limit of 100 kb for this forum. Please read the rules.

Easy vote for Alabasta's princess...

repost

Hidden:

I see "Vivi" as a choice, so we're rooting for the PRINCESS Vivi, not Ms Wednesday.

She's a girl that loves her country. A vote for Vivi is a vote for all the great princesses

Princess Zelda

Princess Jasmine

Princess Bubblegum

And of course, Princess Di

(may she rest in peace)

Quote Originally Posted by Autumncomet View Post
    Banchi's cool, but Vivi is a character.

Is there any reason for the "hate Vivi" thing? Is it just a forum meme or is it tied to what she nearly did to Laboon?
    I think it's a coincidence that many people here dislike Vivi's personality. But as far as I know it never happens in other OP forum.
    Your signature has exceeded the maximum size limit of 100 kb for this forum. Please read the rules.

Thread Information