Closed Thread
Page 889 of 1301 FirstFirst ... 389 789 839 879 887 888 889 890 891 899 939 989 ... LastLast
Results 17,761 to 17,780 of 26007

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Maybe Carrot can finally join the strawhat crew 2 in the squeal.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    It's not over until Shonen Jump shows the final chapter, isn't it?
    It will go on after that... people will spends years complaining about how Oda didn't make their favorite a Straw Hat, ruined the story, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorkov View Post
    It will go on after that... people will spends years complaining about how Oda didn't make their favorite a Straw Hat, ruined the story, etc.
    At this point if Jinbe doesn't join he is actually ruining all he did, Jinbe accepted, he had some awesome moments like saving Luffy in the war, saving Luffy with the blood transfusion, saving Luffy yet again this week, I would be really annoyed if Oda somehow for some dumb reason didn't make it happen.

With that in mind people who were predicting Jinbe would join are right since Fishman Island, Luffy asked him so that alone validates our prediction and like I said Jinbe accepted, but said he could only join Luffy later.

As for all the other mostly nakama suggestions no one made sense so if they want to be bitter about it, be bitter about it.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Yep, people are drafting reasons why Oda didn't delve further into a character when they were introduced/had a role in an arc as to why they won't join the strawhats now.

We have seen it with Monet and currently Carrot.

"I can't believe Oda didn't make Shirahoshi a Straw Hat! She could've be useful to the crew by tugging the ship!"

"But wouldn't that be constant manual labor for no reason at all? Plus, what happens to her when they wanna use the Coup de Burst for getaways?"

"Shut up! I don't need your logic! Boobs over more dudes! SHIRAHOSHI FOR NAKAMA!"

Like this right?
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    At this point if Jinbe doesn't join he is actually ruining all he did, Jinbe accepted, he had some awesome moments like saving Luffy in the war, saving Luffy with the blood transfusion, saving Luffy yet again this week, I would be really annoyed if Oda somehow for some dumb reason didn't make it happen.

With that in mind people who were predicting Jinbe would join are right since Fishman Island, Luffy asked him so that alone validates our prediction and like I said Jinbe accepted, but said he could only join Luffy later.

As for all the other mostly nakama suggestions no one made sense so if they want to be bitter about it, be bitter about it.
    Seriously it be awful to have all the build up for Jinbei joining from his bonding with luffy and the others and his dream just for him in the end not to join or die this arc like some people expected too or wanted so someone with very little built up compared to Jinbei could join.

Relax, Luffy wants Jinbe as a nakama and Jinbe stated not long ago that he wished to board Luffy's ship. Only way for him to not join is death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfunk View Post
    Relax, Luffy wants Jinbe as a nakama and Jinbe stated not long ago that he wished to board Luffy's ship. Only way for him to not join is death.
    I said that in my post, I'm saying and I don't believe it if Oda somehow made the haters a favor(not on purpose) and made Jinbe not join it would be idiotic. My main point is even if they hate/dislike Jinbe, for story quality at this point everyone should agree that Jinbe has to join.

Franky and Brook also had haters(I wasn't here before, I joined the forum when Ennis Lobby was going) and eventually most of them came around, so Jinbe will eventually be the same I hope.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Wait for Two Pieces sequel
    Oh god. On one hand, I'm glad One Piece will last almost another decade, because I really fear what Shonen Jump will do to milk the series once it is over. Just look at the Boruto manga. It's just... sad, how much they keep Kishimoto in chains thinking up shit to prolong a series that should have been dead long ago. Oda will probably be so exhausted when he finishes drawing his Opus Magnum, adding to the fact that the ending is planned since the beginning that I'm really afraid of what Jump will want to come up with in order to keep earning from its cash cow. I'd be open to spin offs like One Piece Party or even shorter canon storylines focused on other characters before or while the Straw Hats were in their adventures, but a sequel would be a huge mistake.

I said that in my post, I'm saying and I don't believe it if Oda somehow made the haters a favor(not on purpose) and made Jinbe not join it would be idiotic. My main point is even if they hate/dislike Jinbe, for story quality at this point everyone should agree that Jinbe has to join.

Franky and Brook also had haters(I wasn't here before, I joined the forum when Ennis Lobby was going) and eventually most of them came around, so Jinbe will eventually be the same I hope.
    Have faith good sir, Oda would never mistreat his story like how you fear he might. He definitely knows how to buildup events and have them payoff in the longrun as seen many times throughout this series. I'm pretty sure even the people who don't like Jinbei as much as the rest still see that he's had proper buildup as a character who's deserving of standing alongside Luffy and his crew as a Straw Hat, call me na´ve but that's my perspective.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

What is going on. First we are discussing CC being redeemed and now we are back to Boa?

I swear to god... as soon as Jinbe is ins officially I will lol one last time here and never will enter this thread again
    This thread's definitely going to be....interesting, for lack of a better word, once we arrive at Wa.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I still want Ceasar for the next spot, since he's a Logia Genius Scientist with Smilie knowledge.
    I've yet to decide if Ceasar is the worst reoccurring crewmate theory, but its definitely up there in the top three.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

CC has more utility and potential than Pudding, yet as you say, he has done worse than pudding in their eyes so it'd be hard for him to join as well. It's why I say he has slightly more chance than her, but they are close to equal.
    This is like arguing if poop or crap is more likely to be appetizing. Both these characters are never joining the crew, and are roughly equally terrible ideas.

Smile Knowledgement doesn't gives you shit for being a nakama.

My obsession comes from seeing theories of CC that make sense
    So your obsession comes from stuff that doesn't exist.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

What is going on. First we are discussing CC being redeemed and now we are back to Boa?

I swear to god... as soon as Jinbe is ins officially I will lol one last time here and never will enter this thread again
    Sadly, Jinbe isn't going to be the last one. With no other viable Straw hat candidate in sight, this thread probably won't die for another 3 years at least.

I'm pretty sure this is it for Caesar, his purpose with the Strawhats was already fulfilled. The battle against Kaido is imminent now, so no need to hold Caesar hostage anymore when you can't produce ADF without the little people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is it for Caesar, his purpose with the Strawhats was already fulfilled. The battle against Kaido is imminent now, so no need to hold Caesar hostage anymore when you can't produce ADF without the little people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see 2 possibilities for CC's future. Either the Marines or another 3rd party swoop in by the end of the arc in order to take down Big Mom and they take CC with them, possibly linking it to Vegapunk's plot, or for some reason, he finds himself with the SHs once again and finds out he's headed straight to Kaido, who also wants him. I'd like the first one very much. He's fulfilled his comedic role, he's fulfilled his villainous role... time to fulfill his plot linker role and give us Vegapunk already.

But honestly sometimes thats what makes me a whee bit suspicious about the entire situation with Jinbe the most. One could argue he had the most intricate recruitment of any of the Strawhats , he was teased in Arlong Park and didn't cross paths with Luffy until Impel Down and even then he didn't get asked by Luffy until Fishman Island. This spanned across multiple arcs.

Of course his Shichibukai status made his case a special circumstance. His status was seen as superior to the protagonists for so long in the series but as we can see the title has become more common to the reader in recent years with the likes of Buggy, Law and even this WB Jr. becoming Warlords. So in hindsight it's not that big of a deal.

Maybe at this point in the story the recruitment of the next nakama has to be more layered and impactful because the core members are already so tight knit.

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

I believe Jinbe will join.

I also believe that if he wasn't, the editors would have forced Oda to write him out of the story (either death, or side story, whatever), which he has had ample time to do.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Do his editors really have enough input to kill off the fat fish?
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー┤)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Closed Thread

Thread Information