Closed Thread
Page 880 of 1301 FirstFirst ... 380 780 830 870 878 879 880 881 882 890 930 980 ... LastLast
Results 17,581 to 17,600 of 26007

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    especially when it's time for their inevitable obliteration of the Red Hair Pirates.
    Assumptions and fanfiction.

I see no large difference between these kinds of assumptions and people believing with certainty that Ceaser or Pedro are going to join. There's no way to tell how events that are nearly as decade away are going to play out and trying to say you know with certainty is absurd. The people that do this are walking up to a roulette table, betting on the first thing that looks good to them and letting it ride while telling everyone that they're going to be a millionaire in a hour.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Assumptions and fanfiction.

I see no large difference between these kinds of assumptions and people believing with certainty that Ceaser or Pedro are going to join. There's no way to tell how events that are nearly as decade away are going to play out and trying to say you know with certainty is absurd. The people that do this are walking up to a roulette table, betting on the first thing that looks good to them and letting it ride while telling everyone that they're going to be a millionaire in a hour.
    Or, you know, it's analyzing the story in regards to recognizing Oda's patterns and the tropes that are utilized by the series, and grasping character interaction dynamics (such as the Straw Hats and Red Hair Pirates having absolutely no reason to ever have a serious fight, as well as the build-up of Blackbeard and Shanks having a big showdown since the reveal about Shanks' scar and the Marineford pirate crew staredown, and that there's no narrative point in the story for Shanks to still be alive and relevant, and the BB Pirates being the final antagonists lends room for the Red Hair Pirates' obliteration having more emotional investment for characters like Luffy, Zoro, and Usopp, along with the fanbase). Oda plans plot threads years ahead of time. Not every detail and idea, obviously (he's even heavily winged it several times like deciding Vivi would be a princess right after Reverse Mountain). But with enough time and familiarity, we can get pretty clear ideas on certain generally huge story moments that will occur, which have been proven correct several times in the past (people have even successfully predicted Jimbei joining since Impel freaking Down, and with actual evidence towards the narrative build-up Oda's been utilizing and not just thinking he's cool so he should get in). Not to mention that One Piece is pretty formulaic at its core, especially when it comes to arc structure and flashbacks. It just doesn't get repetitive because Oda is so creative and dynamic with the execution, but it's still a frequently applied tried and true formula at the core). Oda's executions of plot details and introductions can highly vary and be made up on the spot sometimes, but it's literally a fact that this point that he has major general concepts for arcs, characters, and plot elements ahead of time to the scope of years. The most recent examples being Lola's Vivre Card and Charlotte lineage along with Sanji's North Blue and royal descent origins.

It's not about being stubborn about what we want to see, but understanding the general themes and build-up that Oda's been consistent with after having backlog of twenty years to see how he works as a writer in the scope of One Piece's conventions. Judging solely by the scope of time as to when these reveals will occur whether it's weeks, months, years, or even decades is naive and irrelevant, especially considering how One Piece's pacing is unlike most other series relatively. Just saying that "this theory with substantial amount of evidence and narrative comprehension can't happen because the payoff is too long to foresee" isn't an argument or even a valid critique. It's just being skeptical for the sake of skepticism. Having issue with the theories themselves and countering them with other evidence that might prove something contrary is one thing, but flat out denial with no backup has no foundation to lend itself credibility. And it's just boring standards for debate overall and offers nothing to the table when the topic at hand is analysis of a creative work.
    Last edited by Count Mario; October 16th, 2016 at 02:24 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    I see no large difference between these kinds of assumptions and people believing with certainty that Ceaser or Pedro are going to join.
    Yeah, we know you don't.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

There's a chance that we're not supposed to take "Corrupt King" too seriously. It could just refer to his personality or level of misdeeds being equivalent to that of an oppressive Machiavellian king. In fact, Rayleigh's epithet is called "Dark King", and I heavily doubt he's been the king of anything since Roger found him relaxing on the stairs of small ship while drinking booze like a homeless person living in their car lol. But it's just a possibility, a literal corrupt king would fit right in with Blackbeard's crew of criminals containing the likes of a sadist jail manager and a scandalous police officer.
    The fact that he was allowed to wear his own clothing instead of the usual prisoner's outfit and not being mentioned by Ivankov when he told about Wolf/Devon/Shot is a good indicator he probably was not a pirate, and was indeed a king.

I want to see what type of ship San Juan Wolf has. Or if he's actually his division's own ship, living up to his "Colossal Battleship" epithet lol.
    No, he was seen in the ocean outside that fiery island when they captured Bonney's crew, so it's a good indicator he's not a DF user. I also imagine he probably just swims alongside his designated ship, and it's the same size as the ones Shiryuu and Lafitte command.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    The fact that he was allowed to wear his own clothing instead of the usual prisoner's outfit and not being mentioned by Ivankov when he told about Wolf/Devon/Shot is a good indicator he probably was not a pirate, and was indeed a king.
    Why would royalty be treated special when they're a prisoner in a secret level meant to hide any historical traces of their presence? Crocodile was a Warlord and he didn't get to keep any of his clothing. Even Doflamingo got hooked up with prison clothing as soon as he got captured by Tsuru, and he was a king, Warlord, AND former Celestial Dragon. Ace and Jimbei kept their clothes presumably because they were the most recent prisoners and weren't planned to stay there as permanent residents. Status doesn't matter at all when any trace of your existence is supposed to be erased from history itself, not to mention your rights being stripped away as a prisoner in general.

Pizarro's clothing is most likely a hint towards something more quirky and unorthodox. Perhaps linked to some sort of Devil Fruit power even that let him either get or make the clothes (although the latter would probably be too similar to either Kinemon or Leo's Devil Fruits). Even though Ivankov strangely didn't mention Avalo Pizarro (which could very well be because he did not have history as a pirate, like you said), he did quickly remark that Level 5.5 of Impel Down, the Okama paradise, was built a long time ago by a prisoner with a Drill Drill Fruit. That very well may have been Pizarro for all we know. But the amount of possibilities are endless with how little we know about him.

Spoiler:

Regardless, I doubt that any regal past got him a pass in the clothes department. But his lack of mention by Ivankov does give more credit towards being an actual king, I can agree on that.

No, he was seen in the ocean outside that fiery island when they captured Bonney's crew, so it's a good indicator he's not a DF user. I also imagine he probably just swims alongside his designated ship, and it's the same size as the ones Shiryuu and Lafitte command.
    When did I say he was a Devil Fruit user lol. I was just talking about his minions literally making refuge on exposed parts of his body while he swims, such as his back and head akin to the Den Den Mushi ships Germa 66 sail on or the dynamic of Zou as a walking island at sea. Capone already has the Castle Castle Fruit regardless for being an actual living fortress. He can swim alongside his own division ship too as a possibility, but you never know quirky Oda can get.
    Last edited by Count Mario; October 16th, 2016 at 07:40 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I'm interested when the next crewmember will join after Jinbei. Nobody at the moment gives off the impression they'd join.

Crocodile changed his outfit as soon as he got out of level 6. And there's really no reason to threat kings any differently than all the other prisoners in there.

We can't have Oda mentioning every pirate that was going to join BB beforehand. Good writers leave some details for surprise.

Who knows. There are still unanswered questions as to how he managed to get to NW relatively fast. Fastest Rayleigh could coat Sunny was 3 days. SJW is a LOT bigger than Sunny. Waiting for him to get coated would be a nightmare for BB and pals, so close to HQ, so soon after painting a big glowing bullseye over themselves. Maybe he's a fishman or a wotan and all they needed to coat was a raft they mentioned on that flaming island. Climbing over RL is an option as well, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Crocodile changed his outfit as soon as he got out of level 6. And there's really no reason to threat kings any differently than all the other prisoners in there.

We can't have Oda mentioning every pirate that was going to join BB beforehand. Good writers leave some details for surprise.
    While I mainly agree with everything you posted (as seen in my earlier reply to Amigo), we can't really compare how Crocodile got clothes to Pizarro's weird situation. Oda mentioned in an SBS that Crocodile got his clothes from a quick visit to Kama Land while escaping. The Okanas would steal lots of things to survive from Level 5.5's secret entrances, including the clothes and belongings (such as cigars) stripped off of prisoners and put in storage somewhere.

However, Blackbeard's crew and the Level 6ers presumably didn't know about Level 5.5 since it's a secret floor. And Pizarro is the only prisoner to show up with his clothes (Shiryu had clothes too, but he's a special case due to fornerly being jail manager and originally close to Magellan). And on the burning island the crew escaped to after Marineford, Catarina Devon specifically mentions that she dislikes the prison garb and hopes they can find new clothes in the next island they visit. So Pizarro being the only Level Six prisoner having his own clothes is definitely a bit strange.

Spoiler:

And to be fair, Ivankov mentioned literally everybody that joined Teach except for Pizarro. Even going into length about Shiryu. I can definitely understand the benefit of a storyteller not throwing all their cards into the table at once, but the fact that literally four out of five got name drops is a bit peculiar when that only leaves out one individual. Of course, there's alwaysb the chance that Pizarro's name and overall concept was conceived at the last minute since Oda likes to wing the story sometimes.
    Last edited by Count Mario; October 17th, 2016 at 05:29 AM.

Spoiler:

I would match Pizarro VS Robin myself, since Pizarro seems to have a title that hints to some connections with history. Devil's Child vs Corrupt King has a nice ring to it too.

The thing I'm wondering about is his horns. Are they just ornamental or is he the same 'species' as Kaido? I'm guessing that Kaido is half giant blood, half whatever race Pizarro is.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post
    I would match Pizarro VS Robin myself, since Pizarro seems to have a title that hints to some connections with history. Devil's Child vs Corrupt King has a nice ring to it too.

The thing I'm wondering about is his horns. Are they just ornamental or is he the same 'species' as Kaido? I'm guessing that Kaido is half giant blood, half whatever race Pizarro is.
    Remember that Jack has horns like Kaido, except they're fake. And all of his henchmen had horn adornments or mini black horns as well. So while wearing horns as an ornament has a slight chance of being related to the attire theme of the Beast Pirates, he doesn't have to be the same species as Kaido/Oars/Oars Jr (especially due to lacking in the size department lol).

Spoiler:

Remember that Jack has horns like Kaido, except they're fake. And all of his henchmen had horn adornments or mini black horns as well. So while wearing horns as an ornament has a slight chance of being related to the attire theme of the Beast Pirates, he doesn't have to be the same species as Kaido/Oars/Oars Jr (especially due to lacking in the size department lol).
    How cool would it be if it turns out that Avalo Pizarro is actually "King, the Corrupt", a former Calamity on the Beast Pirates. Hahaha.
    Some long-term predictions:
    Vegapunk with Paw-Paw fruit for Nakama!!!
    Kaidou is gonna be killed by Blackbeard and get his strongest Zoan DF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Seriously. She had an okay showing in her first chapter appearance with that flip move thing, but otherwise... her personality has been Chopper. Like... exactly Chopper. She's even been paired up with him.

ANd Luffy's reaction to getting onto Zou was "they're like an entire island of Choppers!"

And Chopper can actually do things like change forms. And had his entire flashback and joining arc in this amount of time.

When Luffy (and Oda) make the explicit point of "Just like Chopper!"... why do you think we'd be getting another one?

Carrot isn't joining. Neither is Pedro or Pekoms or Wanda or that nameless deer girl that will be Chopper's girlfriend.
    Accept the truth Robby, accept the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by parklane21 View Post
    How cool would it be if it turns out that Avalo Pizarro is actually "King, the Corrupt", a former Calamity on the Beast Pirates. Hahaha.
    You know that's actually a great idea, and hopefully Kaido promoted Drake to a calamity because of the missing member

Everyone seems to think that the next straw hat crewmate has to be very unique since we've gotten a 7 transforming reindeer, a cyborg, a skelton with an afro and soon a shichibukai fishman

so if it's really got to be something that blows our minds, and is extremely unique, isn't it possible that in an arc where they keep things that are extremely rare in cages, that Luffy might stumble upon something in big moms collection that peeks his interest? something different than anything we've ever seen before

I mean oda did say something about the next two crewmates joining in succession

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

It's possible. Would expect that to go along the lines of him wanting zombie trees to join tho.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー┤)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

That christmas tree guy with 4 legs looks like a reasonable candidate.

Anyone knows what his name means?

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    That christmas tree guy with 4 legs looks like a reasonable candidate.

Anyone knows what his name means?
    It's a portmanteau of kinoko (mushroom) and kobito (dwarf or little person).
    I don't see it joining the crew. It's got the unique design, but lacks everything else necessary for a crew member.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)
    Bond en Avant practices drawing in general

I draw a silly comic about school and life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    It's a portmanteau of kinoko (mushroom) and kobito (dwarf or little person).
    I don't see it joining the crew. It's got the unique design, but lacks everything else necessary for a crew member.
    You sure? Seems like an ideal candidate to me.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I don't know. The Longarm-Longleg hybrid that Big Mom mentioned is the one brimming with sheer dynamism. Just from hearing about this "Longlimb" Human without seeing even witnessing a design makes me quiver.

Spoiler:

Pudding will be the next Strawhat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed Thread

Thread Information