Closed Thread
Page 529 of 1301 FirstFirst ... 29 429 479 519 527 528 529 530 531 539 579 629 1029 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,580 of 26007

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Not sure why the crew needs a lookout at this point. And Luffy is essentially the lookout. "Hey that looks cool let's go there." What else is needed?

also going to ignore the "let's name every female character for next crewmate because they need more ladies lol"

fucking seriously Monet? Franky should just strap a giant pair of tits on the Sunny Go. Maybe then the "more boobs on the crew" notion will stop.

Lookout seems unnecessary, especially when the crew has 4 CoO users now.

Ivankov should be the next crew member, so that he can turn all the Straw Hats into women and then no one will complain about "TOO MANY MEN ON CREW" ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Not sure why the crew needs a lookout at this point. And Luffy is essentially the lookout. "Hey that looks cool let's go there." What else is needed?

also going to ignore the "let's name every female character for next crewmate because they need more ladies lol"

fucking seriously Monet? Franky should just strap a giant pair of tits on the Sunny Go. Maybe then the "more boobs on the crew" notion will stop.
    A lookout isn't necesary nor is having another female. I'm simply responding to that guy. And at this point, the only role I see being important enough to feel would be a helmsman.

I only name off all those females because these lookout type characters seem to be female more often than not.

I'm not interested in Monet being part of the crew even if she's not dead. Just included her because I wanted a third example. If we even get another female, my fingers are crossed for Perona, or potentially the thre eyes depending on her character, or just someone entirely new.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    It is. But at this the only not unnecessary position seems to be a helmsman. And even that isn't really in dire need of filling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Ivankov should be the next crew member, so that he can turn all the Straw Hats into women and then no one will complain about "TOO MANY MEN ON CREW" ever again.
    Never said that. Just an observation that lookouts tend to be female.

Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
    I could see either or happening really. I'm not fond of Kinemon joining, because I feel he belongs with his son and that his son doesn't belong on the crew. I also am not with Rebecaa joining, because I just can't see her risking her life after the Diamante scene. However, I could see Barty coming along or unnamed three-eyed girl.

There's nothing really behind Vegapunk to say one way or the other, but I always thought Perona would be a good fit. Her vision powers are similar to Viola's, but less overpowered, and I could see her having chemistry with the crew. She also seems to have matured some over the time skip. At this point though, there's nothing else really to suggest one way or another.

If I had to pick a one or two favorites from each saga though, I'd go with:

East Blue

Ghin

Alabasta

Vivi
    Bon Clay

Skypiea

None

Enies Lobby

Aokiji

Thriller Bark

Perona

Summit War

Jewelry Bonney
    Jinbe

I could see any of them happening. Some requiring more development than others. But yeah.
    I can't say for sure which ones I think will happen or when. I can say though that I don't think Bon Clay will join. Though I can see the Okamas becoming an ally crew.
    Sanji became okama. When he will be alone he will reveal okama power up and fight with okama kenpou as his power up!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
    A lookout isn't necesary nor is having another female. I'm simply responding to that guy. And at this point, the only role I see being important enough to feel would be a helmsman.

I only name off all those females because these lookout type characters seem to be female more often than not.

I'm not interested in Monet being part of the crew even if she's not dead. Just included her because I wanted a third example. If we even get another female, my fingers are crossed for Perona, or potentially the thre eyes depending on her character, or just someone entirely new.

It is. But at this the only not unnecessary position seems to be a helmsman. And even that isn't really in dire need of filling.

Never said that. Just an observation that lookouts tend to be female.
    On the other hand pirates tend to be male.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Usopp with his newly acquired CoO should be great lookout... but yeah we need more boobs -_-

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Franky should just strap a giant pair of tits on the Sunny Go.
    10/10 manga would read.
    All is forgiven, Oda.

I think there is an under estimation on what the lookout does. It isn't just "I see an island...let's go there". It is a full time gig.

http://www.boatingbasicsonline.com/c...ral/6_2_a2.php
    This site describes the tasks and responsibilities of a lookout. Here are the ones that were emphasized:
    Spoiler:
    “Every vessel shall at all times maintain a proper lookout by sight and hearing as well as by all available means appropriate in the prevailing circumstances and conditions so as to make a full appraisal of the situation and of the risk of collision.”

Spoiler:
    It is your responsibility to act in a reasonable and prudent manner consistent with the ordinary practices of recreational boating. Safe speed means taking into consideration the current operating conditions and your own level of skill and experience.

Spoiler:
    Every means available shall be used to determine if risk of collision exists.

The current crew will not devote the time nor dedication to apply these duties.
    Luffy will just point where he wants to go with no consideration of how. Zoro is going to be sleeping, drinking, or working out. Robin will be too immersed in her books, studies, or relaxation. Others have duties that take up too much time. Usopp or Franky may be decent lookouts but as I said that would be stretching them thin.

And CoO may not be able to protect in time an attack or danger that a lookout notices from a distance that exceeds their CoO range.

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeariousJones View Post
    -Lookout could want to see the whole world. Maybe a writer. Or astronomer. Some interest that is sightseeing-ish. It also has been stated that Zoro and Robin suck at lookout if I recall correctly.
    -Helmsman could want to steer through the most dangerous whirlpool, mountains, volcanoes, or etc. The New World I feel needs to show the difference of the regular traveling dangers. Needing a person that can drive through all these obstacles safely should be a must.

I think if only 1 or 2 more crewmates join they will be one or both of these two. Not sure if any people before the time skip fits those roles. I am leaning on new post time skip characters joining.
    Lookout seems a little redundant with Usopp, especially since he can now CoO people at long range. Robin and Brook both have good ways of scouting something suspicious as well, if they need to. Someone nocturnal would be useful however, since I get the impression the whole crew goes to sleep at night.

I do like the idea of an astronomer, but I think we'd have gotten more direct hints of that being useful if the crew was going to wind up with one. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Robin winds up covering that role later in the series, especially if the cosmology and history of the world are closely related.

Helmsman also seems a bit redundant with Franky. I've soured on Jinbe taking that role for a while now, simply because he's probably more useful taking a more direct role in steering the ship--namely, by getting out and pushing from the water. I can't think of any bad weather situation where that's not the most effective use of your water-bending super strong whale shark, and Franky is perfectly capable of piloting the ship himself. "The Water Guy"/Frogman is probably a good enough role for the person who is probably the strongest water-fighter in the world.

Wasn't that a TV special? If not it should be.

Enel for the Position of lookout Plus he was at the moon ( --> astronom)

This would be too awesome :D (i Know, unrealistic...)

Barto would be a good lookout, he has the Motivation and the skills, but this wont happen neither ^^

What do you think will happen to the Sanji x Viola story?
    If you are hungry, eat. - Monkey D. Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by efendihz View Post
    Enel for the Position of lookout Plus he was at the moon ( --> astronom)
    No.

Barto would be a good lookout, he has the Motivation and the skills
    No.

What do you think will happen to the Sanji x Viola story?
    Absolutely nothing.

Im still hoping Sanji gets stabbed even when the chance is slim.
    "In mad world, only the mad are sane."

Why are people still mentioning "astronomer?" When has anything of major significance ever happened at night (you know, when the stars are out)? Right now, helmsman is the only one for sure that makes sense from a crew standpoint. Franky can't really handle it when he's below decks and right now whenever there's a problem people end up scrambling to figure out who's going to handle it. This plus the fact that Blackbeard has that as a title among his crew tells me it makes the most sense. There's also been mention of a need to protect the sunny and while that would be a job I would love for Bartolomeo to have (it is his dream to be a henchman/follower after all), I don't think it really fits.

Astronomer gets mentioned due to the whole moon theory thingy. I never dismiss it because we do have a historian on the crew. I don't think an astronomer would join, and I especially don't like it when random characters are suggested for the position (remember the whole Monet = astronomer theory?), but it maybe is almost worth considering. Almost.

I hope an unrepentant and megalomaniacal mass murderer joins the crew just because he visited the moon.

Luffy>OtherSupernova ZoroXTashigi's Avatar

Brook already handy as a lookout ...

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

The perfect lookout right now would be Violet. When she helped Usoppe with his shot I thought "Nice, she is handy after all" and then Usoppe obtained CoO. Aside from her "talents" I don't see another reason for her to join. Though legally Rebecca would be the the next queen in royal line.
    There are a lot of different opinions and views in this forum when it comes to One Piece.
    But can we all agree that Roger's ship, the Oro Jackson, had the best figurehead in the story so far?

Luffy>OtherSupernova ZoroXTashigi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    The perfect lookout right now would be Violet. When she helped Usoppe with his shot I thought "Nice, she is handy after all" and then Usoppe obtained CoO. Aside from her "talents" I don't see another reason for her to join. Though legally Rebecca would be the the next queen in royal line.
    The problem is her DF too hax ... but, I love if she become next nakama ....

The main problem with Violet isn't just the ability, it's that her design and personality are not unique. Nor does she have a dream at all.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

I hope an unrepentant and megalomaniacal mass murderer joins the crew just because he visited the moon.
    Some people wanted Caribou and Caesar so I'm not surprised anymore.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Actually, Viola has no personality at all. She's also a Robin clone.
    Seriously, how is she even a candidate at this point of time?!

Closed Thread

Thread Information