Closed Thread
Page 1079 of 1301 FirstFirst ... 79 579 979 1029 1069 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1089 1129 1179 ... LastLast
Results 21,561 to 21,580 of 26007

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    Let's just wait and see what happens with Carrot, but I agree Catarina will definitely have a tricky witch-like ability.
    I'm still more thinking Nami will tangle with Lafitte, though. Robin can have Devon; Demon Child vs. Witch Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    I'm still more thinking Nami will tangle with Lafitte, though. Robin can have Devon; Demon Child vs. Witch Woman.
    Demon Child only in the sense that she has forbidden knowledge of an ancient language. But in terms of her powers she hasn't really shown anything demonic or dark magic-esque. Her humour is dark though.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Considering how Nami has literally been called a witch, trained with wizards, has a cat theme, and always fights females... Devon is my bet for her.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Nami's definitely getting Catarina. Brook will take on Lafitte. Those are two of the most obvious match-ups. Robin can have Stronger since she always gets the leftovers.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

I would think the sniper fighting the sniper, the doctor fighting the doctor, the swordsman versus the swordsman, and the captain versus the captain were the obvious matchups.

Those 4 are pretty set. Its the other seven completely in the air, particularly since we've not yet seen the last Strawhat or the last BB pirate. Educated guesses on the rest though.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Robin can have Stronger since she always gets the leftovers.
    Oda doesn't consider Stronger one of the actual BB crew, as seen in the various map shots where Stronger is left out. He's part of the Doc Q experience, which all the more makes them Chopper's opponent.

Ill put my money on Death vs death. Unless doc Q has a connection with Hiriluk, that is likely as the Blackbeard pirates might had a reason to chose Drum.

Besides You can't go "profession vs profession" and then "woman vs woman, that takes priority over navigator"
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Nah. Brook and Lafitte.

its gotta be profession vs profession for at least some of them, they're a dark mirror and all. You're not going to have a sniper and NOT have him go against Usopp and you arent going to get Sanji to fight the sword user.

Do BB pirates have cook? Then who makes the pies? And what other profession do they lack?
    Too bad lafitte has some bird zoan, with BM's fruit he would make the final battle with brook interesting.
    Anyway, based on the pattern they should show up the next arc and meet luffy again, and this time they should meet the other SHs.

Zoro vs Vasco shot because they are already the top two alocoholsmen in the world and Shiryu is secretly the cook...
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Considering how Nami has literally been called a witch, trained with wizards, has a cat theme, and always fights females... Devon is my bet for her.
    Yeah but Lafitte's cane and Nami's staff (Brook's is a sword, so unless Lafitte shows one off, there's that), not to mention Nami seems like she's on the verge of getting that flying cloud to ride on that I hypothesized, and with Lafitte's wings, there's still that to consider. No one else really has that similar of an appearance to their 'other' so just that superficial thing between Brook and Lafitte doesn't convince me. Plus if Lafitte can hypnotize people, Nami and Brook both have that same sort of thing going for them, with Nami able to play tricks on their eyes, and Brook able to hypnotize with music, so she still can't be ruled out. I mean, if you think about it, Brook is TOO similar to Lafitte for it to be a good matchup. I would think their battle would be the shortest and probably rather lame without any variation of note. Not that I think Brook will tangle with Devon (but wouldn't that be hilarious, given his perverted nature?) but his cane concealing a bladed weapon would be a better match for her crescent-bladed spear than Nami's blunt Clima Tact.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Nah. Brook and Lafitte.

its gotta be profession vs profession for at least some of them, they're a dark mirror and all. You're not going to have a sniper and NOT have him go against Usopp and you arent going to get Sanji to fight the sword user.
    Profession vs. Profession is basically why I was always leaning toward Nami vs. Lafitte. We have very little to go on so far but it feels to me like Jimbei and Burgess will tangle, given their similar thick bodies (Sanji's legs are still scrawny-looking no matter how strong he is) and the fact that they are both Helmsmen. I get how the brawler-style of fighting and the idea of upper body vs. lower body specialty would make some believe Sanji will fight Burgess but I'm more in the camp of Sanji vs. Vasco Shot. The idea of a drunken fighter (drink) fighting a cook (food) makes for a perfect complementary pair, not to mention Shot's got one of those faces where Sanji's plastic surgery kicks would be desperately needed. Apart from that, since Sanjuan Wolf served as the BB crew's ship briefly, seems like Franky and his machinations would be the foil for him. Can't wait to see how he Mega-zords it up for that fight.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Profession vs. Profession is basically why I was always leaning toward Nami vs. Lafitte.
    I wouldn't really count doppelgänger illusions as hypnosis. They also share a musical theme since Lafitte likes to tap dance, and his wings/hypnotization might be linked to a Siren Devil Fruit. Which mesmerizes people by singing. And Lafitte can still block and hit with a cane the same way Smoker uses his jute. And yes, Oda can make that can hard enough to withstand a sword, such a thing would hardly look weird in One Piece. We also can't say they're "too similar" without ever seeing how Lafitte fights, and the fact that he can fly while Brook has super speed and ice powers already spices up some differences.

I believe the final match ups will be founded on the premise of dark parallels. How those dark parallels will meet can depend on a variety of things. Some can be based on crew position. Others can be based on powers. A couple could center around designs.

I want a drunken fighter who incorporates alcohol into his attacks fighting the whale shark man who uses martial arts to manipulate liquids.

Sanji and Burgess should fight based on their official crew positions as powerhouse jobbers.

Yes, I need my Franky Megazord fight.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Yeah but Lafitte's cane and Nami's staff (Brook's is a sword, so unless Lafitte shows one off, there's that), not to mention Nami seems like she's on the verge of getting that flying cloud to ride on that I hypothesized, and with Lafitte's wings, there's still that to consider. No one else really has that similar of an appearance to their 'other' so just that superficial thing between Brook and Lafitte doesn't convince me. Plus if Lafitte can hypnotize people, Nami and Brook both have that same sort of thing going for them, with Nami able to play tricks on their eyes, and Brook able to hypnotize with music, so she still can't be ruled out. I mean, if you think about it, Brook is TOO similar to Lafitte for it to be a good matchup. I would think their battle would be the shortest and probably rather lame without any variation of note. Not that I think Brook will tangle with Devon (but wouldn't that be hilarious, given his perverted nature?) but his cane concealing a bladed weapon would be a better match for her crescent-bladed spear than Nami's blunt Clima Tact.

Profession vs. Profession is basically why I was always leaning toward Nami vs. Lafitte. We have very little to go on so far but it feels to me like Jimbei and Burgess will tangle, given their similar thick bodies (Sanji's legs are still scrawny-looking no matter how strong he is) and the fact that they are both Helmsmen. I get how the brawler-style of fighting and the idea of upper body vs. lower body specialty would make some believe Sanji will fight Burgess but I'm more in the camp of Sanji vs. Vasco Shot. The idea of a drunken fighter (drink) fighting a cook (food) makes for a perfect complementary pair, not to mention Shot's got one of those faces where Sanji's plastic surgery kicks would be desperately needed. Apart from that, since Sanjuan Wolf served as the BB crew's ship briefly, seems like Franky and his machinations would be the foil for him. Can't wait to see how he Mega-zords it up for that fight.
    But with Devon and Nami there are.all sorts of similarites. Like both having long range weapons.

In regards to Laff and Brooke, just imagine that Laff will be using zombie like goons as he hypnotizes them, while Brooke exorcises them or even "revives" fallen allies with an awakening of sorts. The idea of two different type of hypnosis clashing. I don't Nami could be considered a hypnotist, but maybe an illusionist? Which playes well with her witch theme, and Cresecent Moons are related to witchcraft.

Mmmm, I think that Vasco and Jimbe are going to fight. Because, Vasco might be a fishman, even if he isn't as heavy drinker, he can be a drunken fishman karate user against the more "formal" style Jimbe has.

Sanji most likely will get Burguess. Just some small connections. Burguess has stupid leg strength as demonstrated as he jumped down Riku's castle. Then Burguess got burnt, Sanji uses flames so that can be played upon. Not to mention that Sanji and Sabo are both blonde, and their name start with an S!!(:3).

In terms of the fruit he might get the phoenix fruit, because of how he got burnt and injured by Sabo, so a counter measure to the fire fruit, but Sanji can produce fire without it. With diamonds it is the same, diamonds burn at high temperatures, so also a deterrent. Not to mention that if he does get the diamond fruit incan imagine him using his "leg strength" to jump at high speeds in diamond form.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Count said what I did.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I wouldn't really count doppelgänger illusions as hypnosis. They also share a musical theme since Lafitte likes to tap dance, and his wings/hypnotization might be linked to a Siren Devil Fruit. Which mesmerizes people by singing. And Lafitte can still block and hit with a cane the same way Smoker uses his jute. And yes, Oda can make that can hard enough to withstand a sword, such a thing would hardly look weird in One Piece. We also can't say they're "too similar" without ever seeing how Lafitte fights, and the fact that he can fly while Brook has super speed and ice powers already spices up some differences.
    It just feels too unbalanced that Lafitte would be capable of flight while Brook is still stuck on the ground (except in spirit form, but he can't really do anything to him then). I'd love one of the finale battles to be an aerial duel, although I guess Sanji would also be able to participate in that, technically. Plus if Lafitte's like a siren, Nami being female would be immune to that and be like the Usopp to Lafitte's Perona or the Luffy to Lafitte's Enel.

I believe the final match ups will be founded on the premise of dark parallels. How those dark parallels will meet can depend on a variety of things. Some can be based on crew position. Others can be based on powers. A couple could center around designs.
    I don't disagree, I just dislike inconsistency (unfortunately Oda's not immune to making little goofs like that). Especially when it seems like at least half the crew will parallel based solely on profession, then the fringe minority are the odd men out.

I want a drunken fighter who incorporates alcohol into his attacks fighting the whale shark man who uses martial arts to manipulate liquids.

Sanji and Burgess should fight based on their official crew positions as powerhouse jobbers.
    Not sure why why you'd want that, but then that makes even less sense for Jimbei to fight him since Sanji could incorporate his 99 recipes (of which we've seen far too few yet, and would be the perfect opportunity to pull out several) into his repertoire for the fight as an analogue. But since both Sanji and Jimbei are powerhouse brawler-types (hammered home even further by the fact that they tag-teamed Wadatsumi), it could really go either way.

Yes, I need my Franky Megazord fight.
    What are the chances he gets some equipment or blueprints off Vegapunk and incorporates those into making a large-scale droid? It would have to be at least as big as Oars (roughly twice the size of a normal giant, I believe) to stand a chance just given the proportion of Wolf by comparison. Like a Pacifista that incorporates the Sunny, or even lots of skeletal Pacifistas that weren't completed into a giant-ish one. Maybe even incorporating part of Pluton or one of the other Ancient weapons/secrets into it.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    But with Devon and Nami there are.all sorts of similarites. Like both having long range weapons.
    Does she use it like a throwing spear? Otherwise I am not using the same definition of 'long range' as you.

In regards to Laff and Brooke, just imagine that Laff will be using zombie like goons as he hypnotizes them, while Brooke exorcises them or even "revives" fallen allies with an awakening of sorts. The idea of two different type of hypnosis clashing. I don't Nami could be considered a hypnotist, but maybe an illusionist? Which playes well with her witch theme, and Cresecent Moons are related to witchcraft.
    Well the moon controls the tides and Nami's good at reading them but unless the fight takes place on the water or on a beach right next to it, I don't know significant that moon thing might be. Unless Devon transforms into some kind of mythical cat zoan or something just to really rub it in (then again, Nami could create thunderclouds that resemble cat toys that might cause a distraction just for laughs). But I am looking forward to Brook being able to possess things other than his own skeleton, in that sense maybe he can operate some kind of substitute golem for the fight that will have wings or something. But I have a feeling the fights will be private (not even including dead things to reanimate); I don't see BB's fleet being there at Raftel unless Luffy's fleet is also there fighting them, leaving the leaders to fight the Straw Hats.

Mmmm, I think that Vasco and Jimbe are going to fight. Because, Vasco might be a fishman, even if he isn't as heavy drinker, he can be a drunken fishman karate user against the more "formal" style Jimbe has.
    Is it just me or does it seem like Oda would have mentioned in the intro box thing that Vasco was a fishman, or at least half? If nothing else it would help identify which species. But I'm doubting he is one.

Sanji most likely will get Burguess. Just some small connections. Burguess has stupid leg strength as demonstrated as he jumped down Riku's castle. Then Burguess got burnt, Sanji uses flames so that can be played upon. Not to mention that Sanji and Sabo are both blonde, and their name start with an S!!(:3).
    I don't recall any particular feats of leg strength on Burgess' part, unless you count jumping while holding a house in his arms and throwing it at Ace (but that would be more of a full-body strength thing). If he did get Marco's fruit, he could fly which would enable him to compete with an airborne Sanji, but that's a pretty big 'if'.

In terms of the fruit he might get the phoenix fruit, because of how he got burnt and injured by Sabo, so a counter measure to the fire fruit, but Sanji can produce fire without it. With diamonds it is the same, diamonds burn at high temperatures, so also a deterrent. Not to mention that if he does get the diamond fruit i can imagine him using his "leg strength" to jump at high speeds in diamond form.
    Not sure what Sanji will be able to do about that if Burgess' defense against fire is that strong, might not be a good matchup. Fire cooks alcohol and takes the alcohol part out of it, so that would be quite effective against an alcohol consumer. Plus alcohol is highly flammable...smells like Shot might be an interesting target for Sanji depending on how his fighting style/DF power operates.
    Last edited by BattleFranky69; February 6th, 2018 at 09:56 PM.

Brooke can jump extremely high, so he can use his surroundings to help against a flying opponent.

It wouldn't be inconsistent if half the crew does follows a pattern and the other half doesn't. It would only be irregular if everyone but one or two had to fight their position's counterparts.

On the phone so my posts are all fugly.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Catarina Devon in her only really speaking role complained about needing new clothes cause these jail uniforms where a drab. I could easily see her being a lot more greedy and superficial jerk of a lady.

Nami when all is said and done wont hold onto money if money can help save her friends
    - Stole everyone's wallets after leaving the villagers the 93 million she stole
    - Decided to pool their gold from skypiea to fix the merry
    - Told Usopp to not worry about the money when he felt worthless for losing it
    - Tried buying Camie with the 200 million they had without any hesitation
    Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Brooke can jump extremely high, so he can use his surroundings to help against a flying opponent.

It wouldn't be inconsistent if half the crew does follows a pattern and the other half doesn't. It would only be irregular if everyone but one or two had to fight their position's counterparts.

On the phone so my posts are all fugly.
    Well from my POV it's more than half the crew so that makes it feel inconsistent to me. And I don't remember Brook having any high-jumping feats, just fast-running or Zoro-style quick-strike attacks that involve leaping forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Catarina Devon in her only really speaking role complained about needing new clothes cause these jail uniforms where a drab. I could easily see her being a lot more greedy and superficial jerk of a lady.

Nami when all is said and done wont hold onto money if money can help save her friends
    - Stole everyone's wallets after leaving the villagers the 93 million she stole
    - Decided to pool their gold from skypiea to fix the merry
    - Told Usopp to not worry about the money when he felt worthless for losing it
    - Tried buying Camie with the 200 million they had without any hesitation
    She also beat Luffy senseless for spending the remainder of their Skypiea gold money on the after party and blackmailed Vivi for a billion beli to save Alabasta (didn't ask to collect in the end, but lamented not collecting it). But there have been fewer opportunities for her to be her usual greedy self, she might see those flaws in Catarina in herself, and feel motivated to continue being less money-hungry. But she's doing a good job on her own so far, not even raising a gripe about not taking the treasure from Fishman Island when they had to give it to Big Mom's crew.

On the other hand, if Devon's into flashy and colorful things, she might be like Jora, the art lady from Doflamingo's gang, who was taken out by Brook...

Well from my POV it's more than half the crew so that makes it feel inconsistent to me. And I don't remember Brook having any high-jumping feats, just fast-running or Zoro-style quick-strike attacks that involve leaping forward.

She also beat Luffy senseless for spending the remainder of their Skypiea gold money on the after party and blackmailed Vivi for a billion beli to save Alabasta (didn't ask to collect in the end, but lamented not collecting it). But there have been fewer opportunities for her to be her usual greedy self, she might see those flaws in Catarina in herself, and feel motivated to continue being less money-hungry. But she's doing a good job on her own so far, not even raising a gripe about not taking the treasure from Fishman Island when they had to give it to Big Mom's crew.

On the other hand, if Devon's into flashy and colorful things, she might be like Jora, the art lady from Doflamingo's gang, who was taken out by Brook...
    I mean remember how oda hammered in sanji would never mess with someones food but then revealed sanji put poison and razors in his PH meal because zoro asked for it. Oda isnf afraid of having characters act exaggerately for comedy without worrying people will see it as character assassination. The beating up luffy for misusing money badly will never be treated as a character flaw and an arc of here getting less greedy is probably as likely as sanji losing his chivalry. We have seen next to nothing on the level 6 guys besides shiryu and so the quirks were established when BB captured bonney.

I kind of go with count here that nami is always in a cat fight although who knows who robin will matchup with as she's the real wildcard here.
    Spoiler:

Just gonna remind everyone how "obvious" Chopper vs. Daruma and Franky vs. Pica were when based solely off their appearances.

The biggest reason I had against straight "profession vs. profession" matchups was because the Straw Hats had no helmsman to face Burgess. Now that Jinbe has taken care of that role, I really don't see a reason why the navigators, the cooks, the musicians can't face off with each other like the swordsmen, doctors, and snipers.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Brook did have that one scene against the Flying Fish Riders (right before Sabody) where he jumped really high to get close to the flying fish and put some of them to sleep, which was commented on by one of the other SHs. I do believe it was mentioned Brook could jump so high because being just bones makes him really light, same OP logic that lets him run on water.

Does she use it like a throwing spear? Otherwise I am not using the same definition of 'long range' as you.
    Knifes are short range, swords are mid range and spears are long range. Even if guns and bows are even "longer range", staff, spear and glaives are all considered long range weapons.

Well the moon controls the tides and Nami's good at reading them but unless the fight takes place on the water or on a beach right next to it, I don't know significant that moon thing might be.
    Devon's epithet is Crescent Moon Hunter. Crescent moons are associated with witchcraft. It is not about the moon influencing the fight at all. It is the fact that Devon's title alludes to her being a witch huntress, and Nami is for all intent and purposes considered a witch.

But I am looking forward to Brook being able to possess things other than his own skeleton, in that sense maybe he can operate some kind of substitute golem for the fight that will have wings or something. But I have a feeling the fights will be private (not even including dead things to reanimate); I don't see BB's fleet being there at Raftel unless Luffy's fleet is also there fighting them, leaving the leaders to fight the Straw Hats.
    Yeah, these fights are not going to be at Raftel, because the final war will be in a different location.

The Blackbeard pirates might show up at Raftel for a first round, I don't like the idea. I prefer Blackbeard forsaking One Piece to obtain an ancient weapon, which mobilizes Shanks to intervene. All this happens while Luffy gets to Raftel.

Is it just me or does it seem like Oda would have mentioned in the intro box thing that Vasco was a fishman, or at least half? If nothing else it would help identify which species. But I'm doubting he is one.
    Did he mention Jack was a fishman? Not really. It was not mentioned at all, and was only evident after we saw him waiting under the sea looking annoyed rather than panicked. But there are a couple of things that could point to that. I think Vasco is a fishman because he has six earrings attached to his neck in a position that might suggest he has gills. Of course they could just be earring on a human neck. But that, with the fact that he is a known drunk just fuels my desire to see drunk fishman karate.

I don't recall any particular feats of leg strength on Burgess' part, unless you count jumping while holding a house in his arms and throwing it at Ace (but that would be more of a full-body strength thing). If he did get Marco's fruit, he could fly which would enable him to compete with an airborne Sanji, but that's a pretty big 'if'.
    When he was in Dressrosa before chasing Luffy he started jumping down from Riku's castle towards the city. To which Koala said: What ridiculous leg strength. Which is ironic because both him and Sanji have skinny legs.

Not sure what Sanji will be able to do about that if Burgess' defense against fire is that strong, might not be a good matchup. Fire cooks alcohol and takes the alcohol part out of it, so that would be quite effective against an alcohol consumer. Plus alcohol is highly flammable...smells like Shot might be an interesting target for Sanji depending on how his fighting style/DF power operates.
    His flame and passion will burn as hot as the sun. And as logical as fire cooking alcohol sounds, it does not sound cooler than drunk fishman karate vs orthodox fishman karate.

How is it more than half? If the only confirmed ones are Luffy, Zoro, Usopp and Chopper. That is 4 out of the 11 members they will have. As others said above, Brooke also jumped to cut down Zeus. Brooke uses the "I am only bones" to showcase his maneuverability.

But she's doing a good job on her own so far, not even raising a gripe about not taking the treasure from Fishman Island when they had to give it to Big Mom's crew.
    I remember her beating the shit out of Luffy because of it.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Closed Thread

Thread Information