Closed Thread
Page 1073 of 1301 FirstFirst ... 73 573 973 1023 1063 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1083 1123 1173 ... LastLast
Results 21,441 to 21,460 of 26009

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

For me, the 11th crewmate will be either someone samurai-like (But not a swordsman) to make the parallel between them and Luffy like Roger and Oden, or a Youkai.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Ah, you're the first person I've seen on here who feels the same way about that as I do.
    Huh, several people that have posted here have shared the same sentiment lol

There are others, but you won't see them pop up much because this thread focuses on characters that we have seen, not whatever our imagination wants. (Dwarf Giantess that is a clumsy heavy hitter)
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    There are others, but you won't see them pop up much because this thread focuses on characters that we have seen, not whatever our imagination wants. (Dwarf Giantess that is a clumsy heavy hitter)
    Giant Upper Body and Dwarf Lower body?

Wouldnt be too far away from oda's proportions

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Huh, several people that have posted here have shared the same sentiment lol
    I think there's like 5 people who think carrot is possible and 15 who dont lol. By mid-wano we will have a pretty good idea who is gonna join.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Pretty much a Pound type.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Everything you said is true. However:

I would argue that Akainu's bragging being the truth only makes an intense 1v1 showdown even more likely because of the suspense in how Sabo overcomes his natural weakness and overcomes the flaw his brother couldn't.

Sabo also needs to redeem himself for not being at Marineford to help Luffy and Ace. If he was there, Ace might have liced. Oda even drew a what if page of Sabo saving Ace and Luffy in a book/magazine, if I am correct. It makes sense for Luffy to make up for his weakness back then, but I can also see Oda succumbing to a fan desired reimagining if Sabo saving Luffy without dying like Ace did.
    That could be accomplished by having Sabo give Akainu an actual fight to show that the inferiority of the ability does not have to determine the outcome of the fight but all in all, while the significance is there, itīs certainly less than the blow Luffy had to suffer due to Aceīs death.

Saboīs redemption would be simply being part of the battle this time, and not actually beating Akainu.

I'm pretty sure Pedro is alive, and once he is revealed to be so I'm willing to bet he will be nakama. Strength wise he would be in the same league as Jinbe, Sanji, and Zoro especially with his sulong form. He's also gotten the most development this arc for a side character considering we got 2 very important flashbacks revealing how he has history with BigMom and how he wanted to travel with Roger but was too young. His role in WCI is similar to Brook's in thriller bark and this is significant cause WCI greatly resembles Thriller Bark. Pedro had his lifespan stolen, Brook had his shadow taken. I believe Pedro will get his lifespan back by the end of this arc and there is still a lot more to come from him. I'm hyped for his sulong form!

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Carboar D Addy View Post
    I'm pretty sure Pedro is alive, and once he is revealed to be so I'm willing to bet he will be nakama. Strength wise he would be in the same league as Jinbe, Sanji, and Zoro especially with his sulong form. He's also gotten the most development this arc for a side character considering we got 2 very important flashbacks revealing how he has history with BigMom and how he wanted to travel with Roger but was too young. His role in WCI is similar to Brook's in thriller bark and this is significant cause WCI greatly resembles Thriller Bark. Pedro had his lifespan stolen, Brook had his shadow taken. I believe Pedro will get his lifespan back by the end of this arc and there is still a lot more to come from him. I'm hyped for his sulong form!
    I agree Pedro has a few things Carrot doesn't but he still doesn't stand out from the rest of the crew quite enough compared to the usual things we look for when someone joins. But if people are to be believed and he'll have to have his soul put into a different body at the end of the arc, who knows, it may just do that. Too bad that would probably make it so Brook never then learns to possess other people's body with his disembodied soul.

Pedro being alive would make him go to the top of the list. However, I fear that even if he gets his lifespan back and is alive, he might have suffered enough injuries that he might not be able to tag along. I think he might have lost both his legs.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Nah, even if Pedro is alive he isn't joining. He already passed the torch, even the words Roger said to him he already passed on to Carrot.
    No way he will step forward to the center stage after he gave way to the next generation. He is the night, he can't coexist with the dawn: he leads to it and then fades away so it can take place.

Carrot was already set as Pedro successor. Either as the next SH or as the 8th captain of the fleet or whatever, the role intended for Pedro will be inherited by Carrot regardless of his status as dead or alive.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; January 7th, 2018 at 11:07 AM.

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

I don't want to sound as arrogant, but is there seriously a debate about Pedro being alive?

I mean we know Oda's habits for years now and nothing so far suggests that Pedro won't end up as another Pell or Pagaya. I'm pretty sure that the odds are even in favor of Moscata "returning".

If Oda changes one of his poorer story-telling-habits and goes for killing characters outside flashbacks and watershed-events, so be it. But I seriously doubt it.

(This is not meant as an insult. I just feel it's pretty clear, given years of experience reading One Piece, that it's very simple: generally, there's a "No-death-rule" here.)

I didn't say out of how many or what list. Top 10 characters that will not join.

That's true for now I can see him as an advisor type, or the One Piece version of Tails being a flying bomber if he still wants to fight. Franky gives him a jet fueled Kola.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Pedro is alive and he is joining after having back his lifespan.
    The cake will make Mama a good girl, this is the power of the recipes Sanji learned for 2 years
    I wait for Jinbe as Nakama

Bigmom changing her mind about the SHs is the second worst thing that'd happen in this arc, right beside baking the second cake.
    Not saying ut won't happen, but it's a easy ass solution Oda would come with. Maybe even worse than a deus ex machina

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    I don't want to sound as arrogant, but is there seriously a debate about Pedro being alive?

I mean we know Oda's habits for years now and nothing so far suggests that Pedro won't end up as another Pell or Pagaya. I'm pretty sure that the odds are even in favor of Moscata "returning".

If Oda changes one of his poorer story-telling-habits and goes for killing characters outside flashbacks and watershed-events, so be it. But I seriously doubt it.

(This is not meant as an insult. I just feel it's pretty clear, given years of experience reading One Piece, that it's very simple: generally, there's a "No-death-rule" here.)
    A lot of the theories are that Pedro won't be alive in the 'traditional' sense. 'Cuz his body has to have got WRECKED. I'm still weirded out by the water bunnies in the wake of Punk Hazard so I honestly don't know and don't want to weigh in on how Oda's handling deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Bigmom changing her mind about the SHs is the second worst thing that'd happen in this arc, right beside baking the second cake.
    Not saying ut won't happen, but it's a easy ass solution Oda would come with. Maybe even worse than a deus ex machina
    So how you gonna feel when they actually bake a third cake?

hint: watch for Bavarois having the Flour Flour Fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    So how you gonna feel when they actually bake a third cake?

hint: watch for Bavarois having the Flour Flour Fruit.
    Katakuri is the minister of flour so it would be odd if Bavarois had the flour flour fruit but wasn’t the minister of flour because of some guy with mochi powers.

So a mochi cake, then.

Lump of Dirt

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    So, question here. What would you suggest instead since with what we have seen Big Mom is a huge threat, and currently it be impossible to win against her in battle. So, which this in mind, what do you think would be a better solution to this situation? As in what would you propose instead of the making of a second cake, or the idea of Big Mom changing her mind about the Strawhats?

Am I the only one who thinks the resolution wouldn't be as complex as everyone else is thinking?

She eats the cake and they go away. The End.

Closed Thread

Thread Information