+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid V: Survive is some real far waters exploitation

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid V

What the hell is a Vogan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    What the hell is a Vogan?
    It's from a British scifi comedy series.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogon
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

Well I said I was sorry.

Now that I have fully leaped into current-gen this is probably one of my most anticipated titles alongside Uncharted 4. I still haven't played Ground Zeroes, my motivation just sank after finding out it's an hour long and it is literally a single mission of which I've already seen the ending cutscenes to.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Now that I have fully leaped into current-gen this is probably one of my most anticipated titles alongside Uncharted 4. I still haven't played Ground Zeroes, my motivation just sank after finding out it's an hour long and it is literally a single mission of which I've already seen the ending cutscenes to.
    Better to wait for Phantom Pain .

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    I renamed the thread as suggested. As for merging... I'm not sure if I can do that.

Well, this thread is active. So yup!

Alright, I merged them... which i've never actually done before. Sooooo sorry if I fucked anything up.
    Thanks brother, ill update the first post soon to reflect the change too

Id say if anything, just wait till TPP comes out, kojima has already expressed that he wanted both to be together as a release, and we know damn well konami wouldnt pass up the chance to put them together in some way, im holding out for a possible ps4 bundle along with that.
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Warden View Post
    Thanks brother, ill update the first post soon to reflect the change too

Id say if anything, just wait till TPP comes out, kojima has already expressed that he wanted both to be together as a release, and we know damn well konami wouldnt pass up the chance to put them together in some way, im holding out for a possible ps4 bundle along with that.
    PS4 bundle with MGS Phantom Pain and maybe Ground zeroes = instant buy .

If the two games come bundled with the PS4, I might just buy it.
    The MGS series is what prompted me to buy a PS3 and a PSP in the first place, anyways.

4 for PS3, and Portable Ops for PSP.

I just couldn't get into Portable Ops, the limited buttons on the PSP made the already fairly awkward MGS control scheme even moreso. I still never got around to Peace Walker, largely because I know the game is balanced around co-op and I never had people to play with.

I just couldn't get into Portable Ops, the limited buttons on the PSP made the already fairly awkward MGS control scheme even moreso. I still never got around to Peace Walker, largely because I know the game is balanced around co-op and I never had people to play with.
    Why not watch the movies of these games ? That's what i did to experience the story but if you only want to experience the game then it's a different story .

You don't need to have someone to play with. I beat most of the missions myself (I think), though I did play with korobka on a few missions. It's fun but not really necessary except it makes some of the harder bosses not take forever to kill. Buy the HD collection though and play the HD version of the game as it does play better with a controller than with the PSP's button layout. It also runs higher than 20 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    You don't need to have someone to play with. I beat most of the missions myself (I think), though I did play with korobka on a few missions. It's fun but not really necessary except it makes some of the harder bosses not take forever to kill. Buy the HD collection though and play the HD version of the game as it does play better with a controller than with the PSP's button layout. It also runs higher than 20 fps.
    You mean MGS legacy collection , right?

The only difference between Legacy and HD is that Legacy (on top of having the HD collection within it) has a download for MGS1 and a disc with MGS4. He could buy the Legacy collection but it would probably be cheaper to get the HD collection if he just wants to play Peacewalker. You might actually be able to separately buy Peacewalker HD on the PSN store. Though yeah the Legacy collection is great but it's essentially the HD collection plus MGS1 and MGS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    The only difference between Legacy and HD is that Legacy (on top of having the HD collection within it) has a download for MGS1 and a disc with MGS4. He could buy the Legacy collection but it would probably be cheaper to get the HD collection if he just wants to play Peacewalker. You might actually be able to separately buy Peacewalker HD on the PSN store. Though yeah the Legacy collection is great but it's essentially the HD collection plus MGS1 and MGS4.
    I always thought HD collection only had MGS 2 and MGS 3 but didn't know it had the both original Metal Gear plus peace walker . So yeah getting the HD collection might be cheaper .

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverOcelot View Post
    I always thought HD collection only had MGS 2 and MGS 3 but didn't know it had the both original Metal Gear plus peace walker . So yeah getting the HD collection might be cheaper .
    That's the Vita version. The PS3 and 360 versions come with Peace Walker HD. I actually had the HD collection, but when my friend gave up on playing co-op I traded it in.

Doesn't Legacy also have the original MSX Metal Gear games as well?

Portable Ops is probably my least favorite MGS, but personally, I wouldn't call it a terrible game, I just expected more. It was essentially a MGS themed pokemon game, but with a short variety of soldiers.

I loved Peace Walker. Peace Walker improves on every level of Portable Ops, plus there's a great joy in seeing Mother Base grow. The only thing I didn't like was how difficult some of the bosses were, but they were only frustrating when I was trying to get an S rating. Easily fixed by coming back later with better items and equipment.

The MSX games are included in MGS3, and so come with the HD version. I still need to play MG2.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

A new gameplay video was released today...snake in a box

I never thought it would have that much versatility, or that they would go that far.
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

That's kojima for you, going all out even for the dumb things. Love it.^^ Not even 2 hours left till the mgs stream from gamescom tonight.

Update: Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain confirmed for Steam.^^
    Last edited by MajinArekkusu; August 13th, 2014 at 11:51 AM.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/13/pc-f...-pc-via-steam/

Yay. Was the only game I wanted for next gen consoles so far. Hopefully isn't not released half a year later.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information