+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1654

Thread: Marvel TV Series Thread: The Inhuman Cosplayers

Default Re: Marvel TV Series Thread: The Inhuman Cosplayers

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    I just got home from watching Endgame. The following is not exactly spoilers, but...

Spoiler:
    ...I don't think you should open this if you haven't seen the movie, Jim.

Spoiler:
    Anyway. Fuck AoS's drag, right? Now what will they do to keep things in line? I'm sure they can manage. I just sincerely hope they were aware of Endgame's plot. It was great, by the way.
    I mean my guess is either (endgame spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    option 1. The voice lines we've heard that seem to be taking place right after Coulson and May will just be setting up the season, with it taking place 5 years later with Mack and his SHIELD having been trying to keep things in line, with the season proper taking place after Endgame.

Or Option 2(which I think is more likely) which is them simply operating right after the snap and playing it into their plot.

Or Option 3(which I really really don't want) which is that they pretty much brush off the effects of IW with the plot still taking place in the 5 years before Endgame but with little mention of the effect of the dusting.

Or Option 4. While searching for frozen Fitz, they end up spending the season off world, with maybe a few mentions of species like the Kree loosing people from the dusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Yeah, I overreacted XD

I can see option 1 happening for sure. 2 would be cool, but harder to justify, I think.

Spoiler:
    Why did every (?) Agent of Shield survive the Snappening would be my question in case of option 2. But it would be cool, so I wouldn't really mind...
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Yeah, I overreacted XD

I can see option 1 happening for sure. 2 would be cool, but harder to justify, I think.

Spoiler:
    Why did every (?) Agent of Shield survive the Snappening would be my question in case of option 2. But it would be cool, so I wouldn't really mind...
    Half joking, maybe to balance out the fact that

Spoiler:
    it looks like almost all of Spidey's class was dusted. The Teacher possibly could not have(as we wouldn't see him age much over 5 years).

Looks like some groups got very lucky, and some groups very dusty
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

https://youtu.be/byQWZLqgyys

Agents of SHIELD Season 6 trailer

Premiers may 10

^You know, someone should make a compilation of slow, sad versions of songs.

When does this take place?! Was that birds or snap ash? I'm gonna be so mad if they mishandle the snapping.

NNID: jervinnectar

We're back!

Agents of Shield, S6 Ep1 - Missing Pieces

Spoiler:
    I'm glad to have this show back, but this episode didn't quite wow me. I feel like that's what usually happens at the beginning of a season though. I always have to get used to new cirumstances. Like lots of new Shield agents. And new relationships. And no Coulsons.

Team Deep Space was cool, even though they're not great representation for Terrans. They're the worst. Jemma is also being the worst by railroading the party.

Yo-Yo and (I think his name is) Keller need some more development before I can start to judge them. Harshly.

Mack is directoring and he seems to be good at it. But he needs to let go of the past. Like he let go of Yo-Yo.

A group of people including not-Coulson seem to be on the run from some big threat. At least that's what I got out of wall-guy.

And Fitz is doing space things. Which was kind of creepy.

That's about it. I hope I get more to talk about next week considering we only get 13 episodes this season.
    Spoiler:

Pretty disappointed so far about the handling of the big elephant in the room

Spoiler:
    There was no sign that the snap happened. A year has passed from the end of Infinity war, putting this a year after the snap. Yet the entirety of the SHIELD team is intact, society looks fine, and no mention of it.

That's kind of bad. If they had decided last year to just ignore infinity war and have their season finish before it, it would be fine. But they made a point to specifically have Thanos involved in the PLOT, with him being the direct reason Graviton was going to accidentally cause the destruction of the earth.

New season of shield

This episode reminded me of the begenning of s3. A lot of table setting for the future with nothing real big.

Spoiler:

No idea what's going on with Fitz but I'm looking forward to it. I am not a fan of how the past just randomly changed last season but Fitz is by far my favorite actor in the show and he does magic with anything they give him.Also he is always rescuing and sacrificing for Jemma so want I her to be the one doing it this time and succeeding.

I like our side characters arguing they are real human beings and not just props especially in a crew of four. I wonder how long they will stay in space since Alt Coulson seems like something the whole team should face.

May seems to be more open after her time with Coulson. But also less sharp if Yoyo is truly fooling her. I wonder what that friend of Andrew is about. By that I mean his studies. Is he just vaguely a scientist?

So I say alternate earth as in multiverse foor this new ragtag team. I'm not sure why they bring a truck in their trip. I'm liking the expression of this alt Coulson. He looks mean.

Honestly at this point I think it's better to consider the show and the series as 2 entities. I realized I prefer it that way at the end of last season. It would have just sucked for me to know Coulson lived his last days in an apocalyptic world. And even with this season I wouldn't be a fan of Black widow not being a part of that new shield. To me clearly in endgame she is the new Fury and it takes from it if there's that fully functionning shield on the side. Also time travel is different.

We're back!

Agents of Shield, S6 Ep1 - Missing Pieces

Spoiler:

Team Deep Space was cool, even though they're not great representation for Terrans. They're the worst. Jemma is also being the worst by railroading the party.

Yo-Yo and (I think his name is) Keller need some more development before I can start to judge them. Harshly.

Mack is directoring and he seems to be good at it. But he needs to let go of the past. Like he let go of Yo-Yo.
    Spoiler:

They are only humas with barely any crew or technology. They better look mean if they want to survive.

That new boyfriend is definetely dying.

Mack seems fine to me. Making a academy to Coulson is him honoring him. And he takes Coulson adviice to heart like Coulson would with Fury

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post

Spoiler:
    There was no sign that the snap happened. A year has passed from the end of Infinity war, putting this a year after the snap. Yet the entirety of the SHIELD team is intact, society looks fine, and no mention of it.

That's kind of bad. If they had decided last year to just ignore infinity war and have their season finish before it, it would be fine. But they made a point to specifically have Thanos involved in the PLOT, with him being the direct reason Graviton was going to accidentally cause the destruction of the earth.

Spoiler:

They probably didn't know there would be a time jump in the movie.

I honestly prefer them to service their own plot rather than constantly trry to shove themselves into the movies narratives.

But I'm sure in later episodes they might make a couple comment to square that circle. I just personally think it's time to let that one-way connection die.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:
    I wonder how Fitz will feel about Jemma being married to another version of him

Agents of (No) Continuity

Spoiler:
    Took me a while to watch the episode because I heard they're ignoring the Snap. Isn't that why we watch the show (one big reason at least)? For continuity? Marvel's Film and TV division just can't get along. I heard Kevin Feige and the Marvels TV head hate each other. Not sure how much, if any of that, is true. Well, I'm several seasons in and like most of the cast so I'm staying.

Well, the episode was standard SHIELD. The aliens are budget saving human looking. The new agents are okay. At least they have hints of personality. You'd think May or Mack would notice a woman wearing a psudo military/fight gear coming out a museum. They really are short on brains.

Want more Fitz. Jemma is awesome as always and I'm actually liking Mack as leader. He's trying. Too bad his relationship with Yo-Yo took the hit. Oh, and since when does Shield want to shoot aliens with ship weapons after one warning in ENGLISH? He was just standing there. I don't think they saw his weapon. And, don't pull that Infinity War alien invasion crap on me. If you ignored it, so can I.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Agreed. It's annoying. Sorry, AoS. I like you, but without your connection to the MCU I'd had dropped you years ago. I'm glad we got a shorter season now. Man, I'm salty but the snap is such a huge game changer, it should be focused on. I'd rather see a season about that than this. And, I refuse to believe the showrunners couldn't know in advanced the basic timeline of Endgame. Either it was bad communication or the showrunners thought it too much of a hassle to incorporate the snapping in the show (who dies, what should Shield be doing, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    New season of shield

This episode reminded me of the begenning of s3. A lot of table setting for the future with nothing real big.

Spoiler:
    I wonder how Fitz will feel about Jemma being married to another version of him
    lol That never crossed my mind. Andů
    Spoiler:
    he also doesn't know about Deke.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Agents of (No) Continuity

Spoiler:
    Took me a while to watch the episode because I heard they're ignoring the Snap. Isn't that why we watch the show (one big reason at least)? For continuity? Marvel's Film and TV division just can't get along. I heard Kevin Feige and the Marvels TV head hate each other. Not sure how much, if any of that, is true. Well, I'm several seasons in and like most of the cast so I'm staying.
    Spoiler:
    Is it? I mean they usually have 1 mention in the show following the movie. Using Thanos as a crutch is probably the first big thing since the first season.

Spoiler:
    Agreed. It's annoying. Sorry, AoS. I like you, but without your connection to the MCU I'd had dropped you years ago. I'm glad we got a shorter season now. Man, I'm salty but the snap is such a huge game changer, it should be focused on. I'd rather see a season about that than this. And, I refuse to believe the showrunners couldn't know in advanced the basic timeline of Endgame. Either it was bad communication or the showrunners thought it too much of a hassle to incorporate the snapping in the show (who dies, what should Shield be doing, etc.).
    Spoiler:
    Considering how vague they were with Thanos I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know about a timeskip and kinda assumed a 1 year later would mean everything is fixed.

lol That never crossed my mind. Andů
    Spoiler:
    he also doesn't know about Deke.
    Spoiler:
    I doubt he would care much for Deke but I could see him having problem reconciling that Jemma bonded and got married with a different person than him even if they are the same in a sense. Seems like the kind of Classic Fitz mind fuck I could see playing out.

Spoiler:
    Is it? I mean they usually have 1 mention in the show following the movie. Using Thanos as a crutch is probably the first big thing since the first season.

Spoiler:
    Considering how vague they were with Thanos I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know about a timeskip and kinda assumed a 1 year later would mean everything is fixed.

Spoiler:
    I doubt he would care much for Deke but I could see him having problem reconciling that Jemma bonded and got married with a different person than him even if they are the same in a sense. Seems like the kind of Classic Fitz mind fuck I could see playing out.
    I'm talking close connections and being in the MCU in general. If this was a series set in our world I'd had dropped it season one. I still would have if it wasn't for Hydra's takeover. That made the show worth watching IMO. Without them adapting Winter Soldier no way I'd still be into AoS.

As for whether the showrunners knew or chose not to adapt Endgame, everything I've read so far points to the writers not knowing well enough in advance. That's ridiculous. Marvel Film and TV should have better communication. And, if its a spoiler issue either have the team deal with a snapped world or set everything "years later". At the end of the day, Marvel dropped the ball at adapting one of the biggest movies in years to their TV series. Huge waste of story potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    I'm talking close connections and being in the MCU in general. If this was a series set in our world I'd had dropped it season one. I still would have if it wasn't for Hydra's takeover. That made the show worth watching IMO. Without them adapting Winter Soldier no way I'd still be into AoS.
    I agree being in the world helps it. But aside from winter soldier I don't think the movies plots help it. Ultron stopping the 2 shield conflict was weird. I'm still unsure about what they did with the registration that was important. Or how weird it is that they never appear anywhere in the movies.

I don't think they are losing the world just the specific tie-in they try doing after each movie.

As for whether the showrunners knew or chose not to adapt Endgame, everything I've read so far points to the writers not knowing well enough in advance. That's ridiculous. Marvel Film and TV should have better communication. And, if its a spoiler issue either have the team deal with a snapped world or set everything "years later". At the end of the day, Marvel dropped the ball at adapting one of the biggest movies in years to their TV series. Huge waste of story potential.
    That's my thing tho. The movies clearly don't give a damn about the shows so I don't need them bending backwards to fit into them also. And based on everything I'm certain they went as blind as everyone else because the movie side just doesn't care about the show and never had. It's clear they are pretty much working off the trailers to try to fit.

But I'm sure they'll bent backward to try to fit a couple of stuff to make it fit better in later episodes. Maybe a weird timeskip in the middle of the season.

The really frustrating part is that

Spoiler:
    they could have easily written around a five year timeskip if they had known. Sure, several relationships and dynamics would have been changed (more), but that could have been interesting. It's just so evident that the movie people don't give a damn about keeping AoS informed in the least. Ultimately, everything will be fine of course, once it gets revealed that AoS has somehow shifted into a parallel universe in which all Thanos ever wanted was to construct the most balanced scale.
    Whatever happens, I'm loyal to this show. It's 100+ hours of character development. And the movies are... fun.
    Last edited by Huschel; May 13th, 2019 at 12:50 PM.
    Spoiler:

I agree, I'm still gonna watch(plus it's timing helps since all the DC shows seasons will be ending), but it really is offputting that they're just dropping the continuity.

Because again, THEY wrote Thanos into the last season. They didn't have to. They could have easily not mentioned Infinity War at all, with the context being it simply ended before the events of IW.

But they specifically chose to mention Thanos, mention his followers' attack in Manhattan, and that the Avengers are engaging in battle with them.

They knew it was a story divided between 2 movies.

So that's why it really rubs me the wrong way that they just dropped continuity this season out of nowhere.

I defend SHIELD as the ONE Marvel show that at least attempted to maintain active ties to the films. Even if (except for one character from Agent Carter) it was a one-way street, at least this show tried.

We had Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Lady Sif, President Ellis, Sitwell, Gideon Mallack, Dr List, and the Howling Commandos all appear in the show. While it didn't impact the narratives of the film, we saw the plot effected by the films constantly. Coulson hiding the details on the Theta protocol(the hellicarrier and it's team shown in Age of Ultron) is a point of contention with the other Shield and members questioning his secrets. The Sakovia Accords are shown to directly impact newly transformed Inhumans, and results in SHIELD once again becoming a government group.

It truly feels like it takes place in the same universe. Unlike Daredevil and the netflix shows, this felt like it easily was the same universe where the Avengers lived. As opposed to being just New York that had an alien attack that people almost never talk about while ignoring literally every other aspect of the MCU.

So yeah, it just feels incredibly lazy that they chose to just ignore things that they introduced in the preceding episodes of their own show.

And I know Marvel and Disney are really protective about spoilers and stuff, and that Marvel TV is it's own separate division, but could they really not get ANY info on Endgame? Just enough context to frame their season? They clearly do have SOME connection because -as I stated above- plotlines from the films have impacted the show directly before. The episodes are made months in advance. The last chunk of the first season was written clearly with the knowledge of Winter Solider.

And I know Marvel and Disney are really protective about spoilers and stuff, and that Marvel TV is it's own separate division, but could they really not get ANY info on Endgame? Just enough context to frame their season? They clearly do have SOME connection because -as I stated above- plotlines from the films have impacted the show directly before. The episodes are made months in advance. The last chunk of the first season was written clearly with the knowledge of Winter Solider.
    Wasn't that around the time the Wheadon brothers were in both?

Like I said I expect them to make an akward jump forward. I don't think they split voluntarily. I think they did accidently because they knew about as much as those watching trailers. So they didn't know that the timeline wouldn't work.
    Spoiler:
    Usually marvel movies are basically real time so they expected to be after the snap not lagging behind by 4 years. They probably would have had the space trip be that long.

Yes it seems that after Joss Whedon left Marvel Studios,his brother Jed Whedon and his wife no longer knew what was happening in the movies,just some things here and there,but the first two seasons (when Joss was still at Marvel) were more connected.

Agents of Shield, S6Ep2 - Window of Opportunity
    Spoiler:
    Good episode. Unfortunately, team deep deep space wasn't in it until the very end. The very frustrating end! Fitz and Simmons better reunite during episode 3 because we don't have a lot of time.

Team Sarge hasn't really impressed me so far. May handled them just fine on her own and they are needlessly aggressive in their approach. Why sweet-talk the jeweler person into opening the vault and then threaten her immediately after? Weird. Maybe that's what passes for fun to Sarge. Personally, I would prefer playing with those portals. That was cool. Anyway, the name Coulson does ring a bell for Sarge which is interesting. I don't really have a satisfying theory to explain that yet. Just complicated ideas. And he and his group are either fleeing from something and/or calling something to planets. I am interested in that part. But I would like the individual people of this team to be a little more intriguing. I can only hear about butterflies so many times.

Yo-Yo and Keller is already an open secret. It's too bad that Keller hasn't been doing anything so I have no reason to care about him yet.

And Fitz and Enoch just got themselves a crew if they want it. Or they'll just drop them off somewhere and be on their merry way. My question is: has every instance of Fitz always been on these space adventures or is this a new development for this particular timeline? If so, what changed? Yes, I know Robin. Something's different. If nothing has changed, then why wouldn't Simmons know about all this? Fitz would have told her at some point.

Fun episode but I want to see more of Daisy and Simmons next week.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    And Fitz and Enoch just got themselves a crew if they want it. Or they'll just drop them off somewhere and be on their merry way. My question is: has every instance of Fitz always been on these space adventures or is this a new development for this particular timeline? If so, what changed? Yes, I know Robin. Something's different. If nothing has changed, then why wouldn't Simmons know about all this? Fitz would have told her at some point.
    Spoiler:

Anything Fitz and Enock are doing is new and the change is that the ship got they were in was destroyed and the container got damaged.

They normally float in orbit until the time comes to unfreeze him. But among the changes in the timeline that came from nowhere is the ship being cut in two.

Spoiler:
    <br>
    Anything Fitz and Enock are doing is new and the change is that the ship got they were in was destroyed and the container got damaged.<br>
    <br>
    They normally float in orbit until the time comes to unfreeze him. But among the changes in the timeline that came from nowhere is the ship being cut in two. <br>
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. Otherwise, (future) Enoch wouldn't have to ask Fitz if he had it in him to face off against brutal mobsters and the like.
    Spoiler:

Finally got around to watching episode 2

Spoiler:
    It was better than last episode or at least I'm getting used to the season. May was great. Mac was great for believing May saw Coulson. I like the new doctor guy.

Team Sarge is boring and the show is trying too hard to make them look "cool" but I love their tech. Aperture Science should sue. These TV budget human looking aliens are annoying. Come on, show. I know you're not Star Trek but could you try giving a crap?

Team Fitz was great. More Enoch please! Would it kill the show to give us some good aliens? Be a nice counter balance to everyone else they've come across. Oh, Simmons. I still love you, but that's still a dick move you pulled.

A moment of silence for dear ole Agent Wolf. Or, was it Fox? Slippy?

Agents of Shield, S6Ep2 - Window of Opportunity
    Spoiler:
    Good episode. Unfortunately, team deep deep space wasn't in it until the very end. The very frustrating end! Fitz and Simmons better reunite during episode 3 because we don't have a lot of time.

Team Sarge hasn't really impressed me so far. May handled them just fine on her own and they are needlessly aggressive in their approach. Why sweet-talk the jeweler person into opening the vault and then threaten her immediately after? Weird. Maybe that's what passes for fun to Sarge. Personally, I would prefer playing with those portals. That was cool. Anyway, the name Coulson does ring a bell for Sarge which is interesting. I don't really have a satisfying theory to explain that yet. Just complicated ideas. And he and his group are either fleeing from something and/or calling something to planets. I am interested in that part. But I would like the individual people of this team to be a little more intriguing. I can only hear about butterflies so many times.

Yo-Yo and Keller is already an open secret. It's too bad that Keller hasn't been doing anything so I have no reason to care about him yet.

Fun episode but I want to see more of Daisy and Simmons next week.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I hope they don't stretch out the Fitz and Simmons reunion much longer. And, I like your fleeing theory. Makes sense. Why blow up planets or better, how could they blow up planets? Another question is why the real planet popper is following Team Sarge?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information