View Poll Results: Who is the Final Villain in One Piece?

Voters
326. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

227 69.63%
  • Akainu

30 9.20%
  • Doflamingo

13 3.99%
  • Big Mom

1 0.31%
  • Smoker

2 0.61%
  • Buggy

11 3.37%
  • Other (including Croc, Kaido, Mihawk, etc)

15 4.60%
  • Unnamed Brand New Character

27 8.28%
Closed Thread
Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Villain

Default Re: The Final Villain

Dont get why people are arguing about the structure of OPs last arc if its at least 10 years away. Who knows what can happen in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Oda will want Raftel to be experienced first, for it to be taken in like a discovery and adventure in of itself.
    He's not going to have our arrival be a chaotic rushed panicked race with a huge villain.

So it's 10 times more likely for Oda to have the Strawhats arrive first in quiet conditions, and for BB to show up later.
    I think you're viewing the Pirate King concept too simply. That it's a race. It may even be that BB arriving and stealing something and leaving gets him the title with the public even if Luffy and them technically got their first.
    I agree completely that first Raftel will be an adventure first, One piece is about adventure after all. I wasn't suggesting they'll reach side by side go "OMG, we must get to One Piece before them", they might get there completely unaware of each other's presence, specially if Raftel is really big and like you said, even if Blackbeard gets there later he might be viewed as Pirate King instead of Luffy depending on what happens there. It was just a possibility I presented.

But I do think it's less likely Luffy will arrive first because Blackbeard has been presented as being ahead of Luffy pretty much the whole story so far and I don't think that's going to change until the very end, which is not Raftel. Why would Luffy get there first if Blackbeard is already a one of the Yonkou ruling the new World?

Oh, and even though becoming Pirate King isn't a race, the mere feat of reaching Raftel is implied to be something you can't do for some unexplained reason even if you're strong enough to sail the whole Grand Line, like Whitebeard was. So being the first one to bypass that besides Roger holds a little importance I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajro View Post
    Dont get why people are arguing about the structure of OPs last arc if its at least 10 years away. Who knows what can happen in the meantime.
    Because One Piece is a structured story and not a arc by arc episodic story like Dragonball or Bleach.

Because One Piece is a structured story and not a arc by arc episodic story like Dragonball or Bleach.
    But we have like 6-9 major arcs before raftel, the setup for it isnt Ready.

But we do already have few hints here and there on how its going to turn out. We're not discussing something that we know nothing of.

Hidden:
    This phony honor code that puts you on your throne, a double standard you invoke when you want~

A basic narrative like One Piece would be considered somewhere in it's second act right now. Given a wider three act structure, Oda would naturally and IS naturally already setting up plot threads for the finale and third act. He has to to make it work.

We can't tell many of the details, and there are no doubt still elements missing. But elements like a final war have been literally mentioned in the manga, and Blackbeard has been insanely obviously set up as true thematic antagonist.
    Things like some sort of fall of Shanks are also clear as day given classic quest storytelling.

Yeah, and it makes sense to discuss a little the final arcs in a thread talking about who the final villain will be.

I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

Oda will want Raftel to be experienced first, for it to be taken in like a discovery and adventure in of itself.
    He's not going to have our arrival be a chaotic rushed panicked race with a huge villain.

So it's 10 times more likely for Oda to have the Strawhats arrive first in quiet conditions, and for BB to show up later.
    I think you're viewing the Pirate King concept too simply. That it's a race. It may even be that BB arriving and stealing something and leaving gets him the title with the public even if Luffy and them technically got their first.
    This post makes me wonder what Raftel is like. I think most of us has always pictured it as just as the final place to get to, it never really entered my head that it's a world to explore all on its own. The habitat, the topography, the climate. Does it have a civilisation with a unique culture? What sort of island situated at the end of the grand line be like?

This is all we ever got of it

It looks like a generic, uninhabited rocky island but I'm sure since then Oda has crafted a much more interesting, visually dazzling island.

We can never be grateful enough for the bless that is the internet. (':

Hidden:
    This phony honor code that puts you on your throne, a double standard you invoke when you want~

Quote Originally Posted by NER View Post
    We can never be grateful enough for the bless that is the internet. (':
    Yes, also since Thousand Lion San just posted, we can add Maltese on that list.

I am also talking to my Greek Cypriot fiance on facebook as I type that.

I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

Can i put this on my Sig?

Yeah, it's pretty damn cool.

Though millions of miles is a bit much lol. We don't have anyone from Mars here, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    This post makes me wonder what Raftel is like. I think most of us has always pictured it as just as the final place to get to, it never really entered my head that it's a world to explore all on its own. The habitat, the topography, the climate. Does it have a civilisation with a unique culture? What sort of island situated at the end of the grand line be like?

This is all we ever got of it

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...ece/Raftel.jpg

It looks like a generic, uninhabited rocky island but I'm sure since then Oda has crafted a much more interesting, visually dazzling island.
    Dude I dunno, look closer and looks like ruins too. Like theres pillars or windows or something along the rocks.
    Like this or this.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yerp .

I had the same thought!

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by SanjiFan View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty damn cool.

Though millions of miles is a bit much lol. We don't have anyone from Mars here, after all.
    Look at dis scrub, not saying where she(?)'s from. Might as well be Mars!

Quote Originally Posted by NER View Post
    I had the same thought!
    Too late!You have much to learn, my padawan.

Dude I dunno, look closer and looks like ruins too. Like theres pillars or windows or something along the rocks.
    Like this or this.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yerp .
    On a closer look, yeah, I can see something like that. A sort of mausoleum-ish theme would fit how the island is the resting place of the entire world's history

Too late!You have much to learn, my padawan.
    He can have it too.

Look at dis scrub, not saying where she(?)'s from. Might as well be Mars!
    Should be fixed now

I am a guy actually, which I guess might be a bit surprising due to my profile pic.

Closed Thread

Thread Information