+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Haikyu!!

Default Re: Haikyu!!

New chapter.

Spoiler:
    Finally! That color spread for the 6th anni is great. Can't say I was expecting the match to end like this but I love how it mirrors back to their Seijou loss. While it may've dragged a bit in the middle these last few chapters have been absolutely amazing and you can really see how the Karasuna players have leveled up. This match was pretty fucking great overall and I can't wait for it to be animated since I feel like we already have enough content for another season.

Yay! Now that's a chapter. Although I can't tell who is giving the internal monologue in the last couple pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Yay! Now that's a chapter. Although I can't tell who is giving the internal monologue in the last couple pages.
    Pretty sure it's supposed to be Tsukki.

Color me surprised!

Truth be told, I was expecting the points back and forth to continue when the twins went for that back minus attack, but lo and behold, it's our monster duo displaying their refined reading of the game (and let's be real, they're the real masters of any quick attack).
    Once more-- I did enjoy this match quite a bit (despite its lengthy nature) but getting one or two breather chapters now will be a welcome addition.

That reminds me, I should check out the other match-ups~

Taken from the latest chapter, ie. the start of Karasuno v Nekoma

Hidden:

Another ridiculously badass double spread to conclude this week's chapter.

Hidden:

The hype is killing me.

I do love that Karasuno are coming into this math as favourites. It makes it quite exciting and satisfying to have their growth acknowledged.

Last week's chapter. End result. I don't dislike how it ended.

https://readms.net/r/haikyuu/324/5444/1?mobile=1

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Last week's chapter. End result. I don't dislike how it ended.

https://readms.net/r/haikyuu/324/5444/1?mobile=1
    Getting Kenma to admit that he's having fun was the real goal of that match.

Totally looking forward to Karasuno's next match. I could see them facing off against Bokuto's team (assuming they make it) in order to put some emphasis on top level spiking but I feel like there's not much else story-wise to use in such a match-up.
    Which means Karasuno's next opponent will most likely be about pure volleyball skills and the country's best players. Maybe the team of the new Little Giant?

It's been a while since a chapter made me laugh pretty hard. This page was amazing.

https://readms.net/r/haikyuu/357/6041/18?mobile=1

Such a good chapter. Damn the art this week was good.

HEROMAN... ATTACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaman View Post
    Such a good chapter. Damn the art this week was good.
    Oh my God, thank you for posting to this dead thread.

Yes! That was a great chapter and I love how Furudate through the sensei, managed to convince me that it was OK if Hinata couldn't keep playing.

I was absolutely gutted when he was taken off, had a lump in my throat the whole time.

The art was also amazing, especially that one Panel when Hinata looked absolutely angry at the sensei. But I like how grounded this manga is, he had been pushing himself too much and all the signs were there. Its just too bad that a Fever is what took him off the court. Now there is no chance of him making a glorious return like Tsukushima.

I don't see Karasuno winning, but I also think they have to win both for Hinata and to show that they are team that can win without relying on any single person. Its time for everyone else to play at 120% so I expect Tanaka and Asahi to beast the spikes. Tsukushima to be on point with his blocks and Daichi to fully receive every ball he can.

I also think its really great that Kenma is going to checkup on Hinata.

What a great manga.

Hope this thread can be revived.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

I really hope so too. As you said, the whole sensei speech with Hinata understanding the situation was just heart wrenching. I really hope the team doesn't loose just because Hinata is away.
    And yes, this thread needs more love, the last few chapters of this manga, has been by far one of my best reads of the week.

HEROMAN... ATTACK!!

The thing is, what storyline would have more emotional value? The team losing Hinata and thus losing the match (somewhat burdening the latter with huge guilt) OR the team pulling through without The Strongest Decoy and then losing in the semis together with him (they're not going to win the whole thing, no way).

Personally, I'd go with the latter if only to prove to the readers that Karasuno's team is capable of overcoming a strong foe without Hinata. And I'd bet that the readers would jump at a Bokuto v Hinata semifinal.

My biggest problem with this manga right now is that I'm not excited for any future matches. They've already beaten Nekoma, their biggest rival since early on, and Hinata has finally accepted his role as a decoy and stopped living in the shadow of the Little Giant.
    I can't help but think that Karasuno losing the current match would be the most natural end for the series. If they continue on to the semifinals and finals, or lose and start a new tournament, I don't see how the series could escape feeling drawn out and redundant.

I don't think they'll lose. It would be better to prove that it's not just Hinata making a difference in the team. Tsukishima is a petty guy. He'll probably step up. As well the 2nd and 3rd years.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    The thing is, what storyline would have more emotional value? The team losing Hinata and thus losing the match (somewhat burdening the latter with huge guilt) OR the team pulling through without The Strongest Decoy and then losing in the semis together with him (they're not going to win the whole thing, no way).

Personally, I'd go with the latter if only to prove to the readers that Karasuno's team is capable of overcoming a strong foe without Hinata. And I'd bet that the readers would jump at a Bokuto v Hinata semifinal.
    I agree, I think it would be a better story if Karasuno can pull out a win here, only to lose to Bokuto and his team at relatively full strength.
    The author has been setting up rematches with the old teams, who have all been upgrading their skills. So I can see Hinata and team losing this tournament and then going on to win it in their second year. This time with Hinata actually exhibiting the qualities of an Ace and Tanaka and Nishinoya being the solid 3rd years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike79 View Post
    My biggest problem with this manga right now is that I'm not excited for any future matches. They've already beaten Nekoma, their biggest rival since early on, and Hinata has finally accepted his role as a decoy and stopped living in the shadow of the Little Giant.
    I can't help but think that Karasuno losing the current match would be the most natural end for the series. If they continue on to the semifinals and finals, or lose and start a new tournament, I don't see how the series could escape feeling drawn out and redundant.
    There are still multiple tough opponents that Hinata can beat. For example, there is Bokuto and his team.

Think about it this way, we never knew about Hoshiumi, the new Little giant, until recently. His team has become one of the best teams Karasuno has faced in a long time. There is always room for the author to introduce new and interesting match types.

Also Hinata might have accepted his role, BUT, he's been growing by leaps and bounds. Now he no longer relies on instinct alone. We see him reading the flow of the game, making the necessary adjustments and reacting accordingly, as proven by his great receives. His recieves have now been conscious and deliberate efforts to help the team, instead of being luck.

Hinata is quickly becoming a legitimate player and I think it would be awesome if we saw him challenge strong teams with his new found skillset, instead of relying on his setter all the time.

Also I am glad that he no longer lives under the shadow of Little giant because it makes him his own person. I don't understand why a character gaining self-esteem and independence is somehow supposed to be a bad thing.

Losing a tournament as a way to end the series is one of the most dumbest moves any author can ever make.
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Also I am glad that he no longer lives under the shadow of Little giant because it makes him his own person. I don't understand why a character gaining self-esteem and independence is somehow supposed to be a bad thing.

Losing a tournament as a way to end the series is one of the most dumbest moves any author can ever make.
    I didn't mean to say it is a bad thing, it's good development for Hinata. However, it is the kind of development you would expect to happen at the very end of the series, not the quarterfinals.

You might think that ending on a loss is dumb, but it has been done before and pretty succesfully, in Weekly Shonen Jump.
    I don't think Haikyu is going to end like that, I just feel it might be for the best.

Also, the series is on track to becoming the longest running sports series in Jump, I think starting a new tournament this late in the game might be a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike79 View Post
    I didn't mean to say it is a bad thing, it's good development for Hinata. However, it is the kind of development you would expect to happen at the very end of the series, not the quarterfinals.

You might think that ending on a loss is dumb, but it has been done before and pretty succesfully, in Weekly Shonen Jump.
    I don't think Haikyu is going to end like that, I just feel it might be for the best.

Also, the series is on track to becoming the longest running sports series in Jump, I think starting a new tournament this late in the game might be a bit much.
    Exactly, instead of ending the series when he becomes strong, we can now see him play on an equal playing field against strong teams.
    I genuinely think the author is good enough to make that interesting.

Perhaps its been done before BUT man, I would feel so cheated if I invested all this time reading a story only for the main character never to achieve a significant goal.

I have asbsolutely no problem with the manga becoming long. I genuinely love it and the matches are always different and interesting. I guess its a matter of preference, if you love it, you want more of it. If its just ok, you want it to end soon.

Chapter's out...

Spoiler:
    First impression is that I'm very disappointed by the author's decision.
    I don't know what he had in mind but I can't see what will follow this chapter, whether it's the end of this manga or a continuation into another year, going well for me.
    If their tournament was always supposed to end with a defeat, I would rather have it happen against Bokuto's team. Since he's a 3rd year, even if the manga continue into another year, Karasuno will never face him again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information