+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 464 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464
Results 9,261 to 9,268 of 9268

Thread: General Fire Emblem Thread - Oh No! I'm Late for the Brigand Exam!

Default Re: General Fire Emblem Thread - Oh No! I'm Late for the Brigand Exam!

I have this game. I'm playing BOTW right now and then will either play this or Xenoblade 2. What do you guys recommend?

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I have this game. I'm playing BOTW right now and then will either play this or Xenoblade 2. What do you guys recommend?
    Depends what you're in the mood for. Imo, Three Houses has a much better story and characters, with fun turn-based strategy, while X2 has more involved semi-real time gameplay where the characters auto-attack but you have control over special moves and abilities, which is slow at the start but eventually lets you pull off crazy combination attacks with your party members. Also, it's a lot closer to BOTW in the sense that exploration is a ton of fun, with various environments to run around, finding new places and fighting enemies.

Whichever one you pick, you'll be in for some absolutely phenomenal music.

Finally finished a run of this game! Golden Deer was pretty fun on Hard Classic. I had recruited 3 from Lions (Sylvain, Felix, Ingrid) and 2 from Eagles (Dorothea, Petra) but ended up benching Sylvain for the final battle. Man, 12 spots wasn't enough. I basically had 13 units at around the same level with Seteth not far behind. Cyril had the experience gem but I didn't use him much. His stat growth wasn't nearly as broken as previous "kid units" from past games. Ignatz and Lorenz were low level. I wanted to keep Ignatz around because Rally Speed is so fucking useful and I think he had Seal Strength as well. But his stat growth sucked so much lol. He wasn't good at anything besides dexterity and luck. At least make his speed stupidly high so he can't get doubled. Manuela didn't get touched after her paralogue and was like level 20. I would've recruited more of the teachers but I didn't know there was a deadline to do so lol.

The mechanics in this game were overwhelming at times. I loved all the new classes, skills, and exploitable bullshit that would make even Etrian Odyssey blush. War Master is stupid. Towards the end of the game, I was leveling up Raphael's heavy armor as high as possible to get whatever extra skills I could get and nobody else on my team was higher than D+. I got it all the way to A+ and...Weight -5? That's trash lol. Riding gives Movement +1 and Flying gives Alert Stance+, which shouldn't exist but I digress. Yeah I could've researched skills beforehand but that's boring. So, to make it up to Raphael I let him solo like 4 straight exhibition battles (with help from Marianne's silence) and was able to get his Brawling to S before the last battle. And they really let him have more Critical? With Killer Gauntlets+, I was over 100% base crit chance. It was glorious. They really shouldn't let you just buy Black Sand Steel. Raphael could demolish entire maps if he wanted to, assuming they're not filled with mages. I gave him Seiros shield, a battalion that gave a bunch of defense, warped him in the middle of a map, and watched the carnage. On one of his level ups, his HP went up by 2. At a certain point, it wasn't getting funny anymore. Obviously he has his flaws in resistance and speed, but he was the most surprising unit for me. Although it was probably War Master specifically and not just him but I only had one WM.

So I think Warp has existed before this game, but they were very limited. Now I can strategically use it every battle? Not just once, but twice? And I can abuse it with a Dancer? And use bullshit like Smite and Reposition to move like 25 spaces and kill Death Knight in 1 turn? Like, you can't just give me all these options and expect me not to abuse them. It was funny they give you the Opera company battalion at the end of the game. I ended up not using it because I don't think I would've been able to handle it. Just like Stride, I stopped using that because it was too dangerous seeing all those blue spaces lol. And as a Gremory, Flayn gets 6 Rescues with absurd range. You could pull off so much bullshit with Warp, Rescue, and Dance back-to-back-to-back. The giant AOE gambits were unfair to the enemy. Funneling a bunch of enemies, stopping them in their tracks with a huge gambit, and then Warping a non-flier way ahead to catch up with the fliers was very satisfying.

I wouldn't say the game was extremely easy on Hard mode but it really gave you a bunch of tools to succeed. A plethora of tools. I started a run on Maddening difficulty on New Game Plus. Man, those levels on the enemies are spooky. Those action speeds need to calm the fuck down. In the practice fight, Edelgard got a lucky crit on Claude, otherwise I definitely would've lost Bernadetta. Well, 90 something percent chance. If I do continue this second run, I think I'll just use all the characters that I didn't use last time, which means no Ingrid, Felix, Hilda, Lysithea, Flayn, Petra. Aw shit, I would get my ass whooped.

I'm probably gonna cheat and use Petra again. And may steal Lysithea from Golden Deer since she destroys Death Knight.

It's been touched on a bunch, but there's so much spoken dialogue! I was thoroughly impressed. I've only done one run and didn't even have all the characters and it still feels like it was a LOT of voice acting. Props to Raphael and Flayn's support convo where they're auditioning for DBZ. Sylvain and Hilda made me laugh. An unstoppable force meets an immovable object. They're both so terrible and I love how they double down around each other. Out of the characters I had access to, Leonie was on this super high moral sphere just spitting knowledge to everybody. She always had the upper hand in the convos. Once she got past the Jeralt obsession, she's pretty great. Claude kept control as well (in his own way) but he was rattled with Ingrid for some reason. But the game paired him with Petra at the end. Interesting choice there. Petra's cool and all, but she did not improve her speaking skills at all over 5 years. I think Claude could do a bit better. Er, he could be doing the better.

Oi, were the new guys a new route, or just some new recruits.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Oi, were the new guys a new route, or just some new recruits.
    An extra sidestory and some new recruits, yes.

To kind of sum up how the DLC works:

-You can play it at any time from the main menu and has seperate save files.
    -It is 7 chapters long. Chapters are just cutscenes, a free roam area where you can shop, and then a battle. No classes.
    -You control Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Lindhardt, Ashe, and Hilda. By the second chapter, the four new characters are added. You can change the classes of the initial seven characters to set collection of classes each character has. Take note, there is no class mastery or weapon mastery, so what skills and abilities said character remain constant.
    -There are no major choices, so you can play through the DLC without stress. Complete it and enjoy the story.
    -After certain chapters, each character will be recruitable in the main game. By chapter 2/3(?), you will get access to the abyss of the church, where you can meet/recruit the other four characters at any time and use the various shops and bonus stuff that is within the abyss.
    -A special item will allow characters in the main game to obtain the new classes within the game. The special item can be obtained from both the new characters or the new abyss shops.

-The new classes are:
    ---War Monk/Cleric - Axe/Fish focus class that allows magic usage with Faith focus.
    ---Trickster - Sword focus class that default thief abilities and allow magic usage with Faith focus.
    ---Dark Flier - Female exclusive. Reason focus class that allows full magic usage, Black Tomefaire, and pegasus usage.
    ---Valkyrie - Female exclusive. Reason focus class that improves Black and Dark Magic Range +1 and horse usage.

War Cleric really is the best option for Flayn then.

...I am not changing that edit. I love it now. It is permanent.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information